Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

One question: what actual business changes have been put in place since Wright was hired? We hear a lot about what he's saying, but he's not the team spokesperson; he's an executive. What's he been executing for the last 1.5 years? The recent announcement about the club/dream seats is the only real change to operations I recall, but maybe I don't pay enough attention. The name change has been a fiasco, so far, though the initial steps were done hurriedly; I assume that was Dan trying to shift the conversation away from cheerleader videos.

Lafemina was actually trying to change the way the team operated, where Wright doesn't seem to be changing much that's visible from the outside. Given the apparent culture in the operations side, it needed a housecleaning, but it's tough to say how much real authority Wright has...or maybe it isn't.

Edited by profusion

Most of Dan’s coaches end up getting fired.

Norv -  fired 

Interim coach- fired

Marty- fired 

Spurrier - resigned 

Gibbs - retired

Zorn - fired

Shanny - fired

Jay - fired

Interim coach - fired 

Ron - ????

Ron’s tenure will end with him being fired. So will Ron’s successor and the coach after him and so on.

I also think, if we finally got rid of Dan; we would get another bad owner, like a Millstein.  Dan’s bad karma would extend beyond him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, profusion said:

One question: what actual business changes have been put in place since Wright was hired? We hear a lot about what he's saying, but he's not the team spokesperson; he's an executive. What's he been executing for the last 1.5 years? The recent announcement about the club/dream seats is the only real change to operations I recall, but maybe I don't pay enough attention. The name change has been a fiasco, so far, though the initial steps were done hurriedly; I assume that was Dan trying to shift the conversation away from cheerleader videos.

Lafemina was actually trying to change the way the team operated, where Wright doesn't seem to be changing much that's visible from the outside. Given the apparent culture in the operations side, it needed a housecleaning, but it's tough to say how much real authority Wright has...or maybe it isn't.

To play a little bit of Devil's advocate here.

In some rotten environment like our team and Dan seems to put on it, sometimes it takes some long undercover small things to really change things. You do small bits here and there so they aren't that noticeable to the big guy upstair. But in the end, you reach your goal and turn everything upside down.

LaFemina seemed like a great acquisition and tried to bully it. Which didn't end well with Bruce and Dan.

Maybe that's what Jason Wright is doing right now. Just speculating, obviously, and I'm not even sure he would be given enough time to do it anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

In some rotten environment like our team and Dan seems to put on it, sometimes it takes some long undercover small things to really change things. You do small bits here and there so they aren't that noticeable to the big guy upstair. But in the end, you reach your goal and turn everything upside down.

LaFemina seemed like a great acquisition and tried to bully it. Which didn't end well with Bruce and Dan.

Maybe that's what Jason Wright is doing right now. Just speculating, obviously, and I'm not even sure he would be given enough time to do it anyway.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Makes you wonder if anyone in operations is off-limits for firing. I don't know if Bruce allowed anyone else to have relationships with the Big Guy; I can see him having been a pretty aggressive gatekeeper.

30 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

LaFemina officially ended the illusion/delusion of ticket scarcity and demand. That turned out to be a disaster. Most fans obviously realized that it was a fraud but once they went with the truth there was an implosion. Despite a division win and defensive rookie of the year the attendance is horrid. It will probably be worse next year. I don’t think any investment in FedEx or game day experience changes are going to move the needle much. Ultimately, Jason Wright is responsible for putting butts in seats and that hasn’t happened. I don’t think it will happen under anyone unless Dan sells. Maybe the NFL needs to research it and have a come to Jesus talk with Dan. Otherwise it will be more of the same or worse permanently. 

Just now, DJD2 said:

Maybe the reason Wright has disappeared is because he was the leaker. Need to start the distancing now for when it eventually comes out. 

The leaker is likely someone connected to the grievance with Bruce Allen. Those emails were part of that pay dispute. It’s likely someone in the law firm representing Dan at Dan’s direct order. I doubt it’s Jason Wright and I don’t Like Jason at all but it’s likely not him. He saw the writing on the wall after the ST retirement fiasco and stepped back and will exit this off-season. That’s the most likely scenario in my opinion.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

The leaker is likely someone connected to the grievance with Bruce Allen. Those emails were part of that pay dispute. It’s likely someone in the law firm representing Dan at Dan’s direct order. I doubt it’s Jason Wright and I don’t Like Jason at all but it’s likely not him. He saw the writing on the wall after the ST retirement fiasco and stepped back and will exit this off-season. That’s the most likely scenario in my opinion.

“He saw the writing on the wall” LMAO no he didn’t. There is zero writing on any wall. He gave the apology, hasn’t had anything else come up that he has any need to announce on twitter since, so why tweet anything? If there’s no new name change information, then obviously he won’t need to tweet anything. Him not being on twitter doesn’t prove there’s “writing on the wall” or that he’s exiting this offseason. If you think that, then i have an oceanfront property in Iowa I’m willing to sell to you 😂

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“He saw the writing on the wall” LMAO no he didn’t. There is zero writing on any wall. He gave the apology, hasn’t had anything else come up that he has any need to announce on twitter since, so why tweet anything? If there’s no new name change information, then obviously he won’t need to tweet anything. Him not being on twitter doesn’t prove there’s “writing on the wall” or that he’s exiting this offseason. If you think that, then i have an oceanfront property in Iowa I’m willing to sell to you 😂

They just announced a massive change to the contracts for club and dream seats and a multi million dollar upgrade to the stadium. That’s his responsibility and not a word. You are being delusional man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

They just announced a massive change to the contracts for club and dream seats and a multi million dollar upgrade to the stadium. That’s his responsibility and not a word. You are being delusional man.

You’re being blinded by your odd hate for Jason. Just stop 😂 good lord. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re being blinded by your odd hate for Jason. Just stop 😂 good lord. 

I have been spot on from day 1. The rest of you are just coming around now. You are always late to the party but eventually get there. Same story with Haskins. So stop the dance and just agree with me from the start and you will look smarter. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“He saw the writing on the wall” LMAO no he didn’t. There is zero writing on any wall. He gave the apology, hasn’t had anything else come up 

:stop:

Sam Huff passed away yesterday & the only from the Team was a statement from Danya. No photo album on the team site, no new highlight/remembrance video, not even a write up. But hey, on the team's pre game show, Julie said they'd honor him at halftime.

And they finally put this out on their social media about 10 minutes ago...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I have been spot on from day 1. The rest of you are just coming around now. You are always late to the party but eventually get there. Same story with Haskins. So stop the dance and just agree with me from the start and you will look smarter. Thanks. 

You wanted to put a 3yr, 30 mil deal in front of Heineke in September.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TK said:

Sam Huff passed away yesterday & the only from the Team was a statement from Danya. No photo album on the team site, no new highlight/remembrance video, not even a write up. But hey, on the team's pre game show, Julie said they'd honor him at halftime.

Following up on this...They put out a single tweet, 12 minutes before kickoff.

Here's a screen shot as of about 5 minutes ago of what comes up when you search "Sam Huff" on the team's site. Take a look at all the articles, videos, photos, interviews, etc. that they've managed to put up since Sam passed.

1336950829_ScreenShot2021-11-15at12_16_55AM.thumb.png.e07e288cdeeebbc69cb29dd141eec4eb.png

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/14/2021 at 8:13 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  Gibbs is a legend, I love him but oddly he's by a mile the only really smart guy who lauds Dan.  Oddly he was a big Vinny guy too at the time.

OK, don't kill me for what I'm about to say...

I don't think Gibbs is necessarily a brilliant man. I think he has great leadership qualities and I think he knows how to surround himself with good people below him to succeed. And, don't get me wrong, that's a skill and it's a very unique skill. But, that doesn't mean that he is able to judge his bosses or overly brilliant in other areas of life. He also strikes me as just a very, very nice person who would never say a bad thing about anyone (remember how he would talk up the Arizona Cardinals like we were about to walk into Lambeau to play the Lombardi Packers the night before a 38-3 win in Tempe, Arizona???). 

Anyway, my point is just that I don't think Gibbs' assessment of Dan and Vinny should be read into all that much. He's wrong about them...it's OK. He also traded up for Desmond Howard. But damn was he right about almost every coach he brought here! 

23 hours ago, TK said:

Did she say specicily what they did?  I sat through the entire halftime show and only saw the Navy band playing.  Did they hold it in front of a Johnny Rockets on the first floor or something, because I didn't hear anything over the speakers or on the jumbotrons.

@Voice_of_Reason this is what I'm talking about, man, they dropped the ball on Sam Huff.  Doing a moment of silence before most fans are even in the stadium is better then nothing, but odd at best.

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did she say specicily what they did?  I sat through the entire halftime show and only saw the Navy band playing.  Did they hold it in front of a Johnny Rockets on the first floor or something, because I didn't hear anything over the speakers or on the jumbotrons.

@Voice_of_Reason this is what I'm talking about, man, they dropped the ball on Sam Huff.  Doing a moment of silence before most fans are even in the stadium is better then nothing, but odd at best.

Well, it sounds like they blew it.  

As a side note, I would have memorials queued up for (at least) Gibbs and Sonny,  Hopefully the day it is needed is long in the future, but both will be needed, and they should be prepared.  

• Like 1