Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To play along, who do you think Dan can attract as the next head coach?

Better yet, who do you think he could have hired that would have us rolling right now?

I dig Ron the dude, but the jury is still out for me on Ron - the everything to the WFT.  However, I have no answers for who exactly would have us rolling right now, in the midst of all the garbage that is this franchise's history under Dan Snyder coming to a head.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To play along, who do you think Dan can attract as the next head coach?

I already expect puppets next time around,with Dan behind the scenes Making the real decisions. 

I expect the Rivera era to end in 1 ir 2 years and then expect a new puppet era to take us the rest of the decade with 1 or 2 more coaches. Then  around 2031, when attendance is down to less than 5000 actual WFT fans; Dan probably gets a semi decent coach to attempt to revive things.

Since I already Feel Ron has failed and I have no faith in him to get the right players or coaches to turn things around; I expect him to be gone in 1-2 years.

I know what’s next. Rinse and repeat. Even if Ron was successful; I felt Dan would grow tired of not being the one to pick the first round picks and free agents and push Ron out.

I fully expect Dan to return to the way it was early in his tenure.

I have said this and I fully believe this; Dan will not win a Super Bowl and he will never win a playoff again.

His playoff appearance will be every 3-5 years.

Edited by Rdskns2000

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Better yet, who do you think he could have hired that would have us rolling right now?

I dig Ron the dude, but the jury is still out for me on Ron - the everything to the WFT.  However, I have no answers for who exactly would have us rolling right now, in the midst of all the garbage that is this franchise's history under Dan Snyder coming to a head.

For me, I just don't panic or try not to in the 2nd year of a rebuild.  My only exception was Zorn.  Zorn though inherited a team that just went to the playoffs and to my eyes you could see pretty easily he was over his head.    But I did like Rivera from the jump.  If I didn't like him than I can understand any cynicism about the valleys. 

It feels a lot to me like 2011.   Some may recall the Beck-Rex season.  It felt depressing and bleak.  Shanny was ridiculed.  But my thought then was Shanny is no dummy, what's obvious to us is certaintly obvious to him with plenty of change to spare.  That season was followed by an aggressive off season.   And arguably the best season under Dan.

My level of angst about Ron on a scale of 0-10 is a 0 at this juncture of time.   But if they take this off season and blow it, that will get my attention in a negative way.

It's ironically the same story in Miami.  Brain Flores was a hero, culture changer, the team was on the rise after last season.  But they took a step back in season 2 and now to some fans i notice he's seen as an out of touch moron.  The worm turns fast. 

It's not that I am sold that Rivera can turn this organization around.  I got no idea.  But I don't think he's stupid.  And sometimes its good to see the car crash to go make it clear that you got to get that new car versus tinkering with what you got.  I got no doubt they see the holes on the roster clear as day now.  Now I want to see if they can fix them.  Sometimes having success can cloud the perspective on things.  And crashes make it clearer.  I know some say, 7-9.  Yeah but they played better as the season progressed and their record was much better if you take Haskins games out of the equation. 

The scary part for me is that Dan by reputation albeit doesn't fire coaches or puppet GMs quickly, he can get emotional like fans and doesn't have much patience and uses setbacks as an excuse for him to interfere. 

I have some angst with Rivera. But not at "he's got to go levels" yet.

I don't like how he LOOKS uninvolved on gameday (he very well may be very involved. I'm not there. Just the camera, every time it finds him, sees him standing there arms crossed with the same look on his face. That or he's holding a challenge flag or calmly speaking to an official.

I also don't like that they didn't attack the QB position in the draft but I understand that they thought the D was going to be better and Heinicke/Fitz with a solid D would look a lot better than they do now.

But he's put himself in a tough spot with the QB position and he has to be very careful with that move to not fleece ourselves.

• Like 2

I'm still ready to give Ron more time, but if we go into next season without a decent QB in place then that may change.

The way I see it is that he had a fairly solid plan in place going into this year: we had a top five defense, and had signed a good placeholder QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick. I didn't want Fitz at first, but was swayed by all the analytics and charts that had him near the top, and figured him to be at least a top 16 QB. We drafted/signed some speedy WRs that would compliment his penchant to go deep, and also bolstered LB, CB and the OLine.

It was a good plan on paper, but it didn't turn out so well on the field. Not many people predicted the spectacular decline of the defense, Fitz getting injured game one, or the lingering injury to WR2. Losing Logan Thomas also hurt the offense more than I first realised.

I'm not giving Rivera a complete pass because our plan B leaves a lot to be desired but I do think he deserves more time to sort it out.

One criticism I do have is I wish that he would show more emotion on the sideline, I mean he even makes Todd Bowles look manic. I think if he was a bit more animated it would inject some energy into the team. When I look at Heinicke, Gibson McLaurin, etc. they never seem to smile on the field. There's been talk about the players going out there, playing their game and having some fun. Going by their body language it doesn't seem like they are, even on the rare occasions when we are ahead.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, one can hope. I'd prefer a fresh start, expansion team to this horrible joke of an organization.

I'd finally be able to stop rooting for them if they moved. It's the only thing keeping me going. I've lived in other cities and never was able to change my allegiance but the team moving to a new city would be the end for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, one can hope. I'd prefer a fresh start, expansion team to this horrible joke of an organization.

Can you imagine the NFL forcing Dan to sell the team and transfer it to St. Louis to avoid a court hearing and multi billion dollar judgment against the owners? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have some angst with Rivera. But not at "he's got to go levels" yet.

I don't like how he LOOKS uninvolved on gameday (he very well may be very involved. I'm not there. Just the camera, every time it finds him, sees him standing there arms crossed with the same look on his face. That or he's holding a challenge flag or calmly speaking to an official.

I also don't like that they didn't attack the QB position in the draft but I understand that they thought the D was going to be better and Heinicke/Fitz with a solid D would look a lot better than they do now.

But he's put himself in a tough spot with the QB position and he has to be very careful with that move to not fleece ourselves.

Here is what I see/hear with Rivera: He's come to the realization that he's bit off more than he can chew and is probably overwhelmed. He knows Heinicke sucks (he's currently the 32nd out of 34 QBs per PFF), he's weighted down dealing with all the off the field bull****--I mean we are no longer winning off the field, so clearly, they've taken a step back from Boob Allen--the defense isn't facing Ben Dinucci anymore so there's that, injuries are mounting. I'm willing to bet this is the single worst year of his life.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Here is what I see/hear with Rivera: He's come to the realization that he's bit off more than he can chew and is probably overwhelmed. He knows Heinicke sucks (he's currently the 32nd out of 34 QBs per PFF), he's weighted down dealing with all the off the field bull****--I mean we are no longer winning off the field, so clearly, they've taken a step back from Boob Allen--the defense isn't facing Ben Dinucci anymore so there's that, injuries are mounting. I'm willing to bet this is the single worst year of his life.

Which is saying a lot since he had cancer last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The person who has been eerily quiet since the ST misstep is Jason Wright. Where's he been? I think I'm more disappointed in that.

Things were going well and he was out front and center.

Now they're falling apart and he's no where to be found.

To be fair... it may be an order from above that he hides in the shadows and not his fault. Still, the fact he is missing, by whomever's decision, is tremendously disappointing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The person who has been eerily quiet since the ST misstep is Jason Wright. Where's he been? I think I'm more disappointed in that.

To be fair... it may be an order from above that he hides in the shadows and not his fault. Still, the fact he is missing, by whomever's decision, is tremendously disappointing. 

Yeah, the biggest red flag there was he was not present at the ST ceremony--Snyder was. It makes me wonder if he is going to be a/the fall guy for a lot of this. His absence on Twitter, pretty much anywhere is disconcerting. You almost have to assume he is getting the real Dan Snyder treatment.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah, he has been a big disappointment. I was taken in by Wright but I think he's been shown to be nothing more than Snyder's puppet. He took the heat for the ST21 debacle (which I think was probably all down to Snyder) and now he's been told to keep his head down until it all blows over.

Whenever I hear him talk now, I only hear Snyder's Voice.

Edited by London Kev

Just now, KDawg said:

Yeah that is a bummer.

But I think my vote for most unimpressive hires is the Marty's. Where are those guys? What have they done? We hired them and we are worse off. We hired two Chefs to get this kitchen a Michelin Star and we're slinging expired corned beef hash.  Free Agency was a bust, draft was meh. We didn't execute any trades. What are those two doing? 

My best guess is what all the past ones have done, eat steaks and drink Crown Royal with Danielle. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, the biggest red flag there was he was not present at the ST ceremony--Snyder was. It makes me wonder if he is going to be a/the fall guy for a lot of this. His absence on Twitter, pretty much anywhere is disconcerting. You almost have to assume he is getting the real Dan Snyder treatment.

I'm pretty sure I saw Jason Wright in a photo with ST's family at the ceremony.

18 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I have a pretty good feeling you’re mocking me, since i said that EXACT same thing a couple weeks ago in one of the ST threads and then i looked more closely at the picture and turned out i was wrong 😂 so if thats the case, then touché :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Yeah that is a bummer.

But I think my vote for most unimpressive hires is the Marty's. Where are those guys? What have they done? We hired them and we are worse off. We hired two Chefs to get this kitchen a Michelin Star and we're slinging expired corned beef hash.  Free Agency was a bust, draft was meh. We didn't execute any trades. What are those two doing? 

My best guess is what all the past ones have done, eat steaks and drink Crown Royal with Danielle. 

I always had a bad feeling about the Martys. These two had bad overall track records as leading men with their organizations  (DET and CAR). That being said, I do think that the position coaches have more control over personnel in this organization than many others and Rivera has hinted at this (ex saying Logan Thomas was Hoener's pick). As mentioned, the team has continued to do well with lower cost FAs (Leno, Carter, Seals-Jones, etc). Going into next season, I'd rather the team stick with this strategy at most positions. Where I'd maybe take a bigger risk and splurge a bit is LB and FS. I feel a proven centerfielder FS like Simmons would translate well to most systems. LB is a bigger risk as success would be a bit more scheme dependent.

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have a pretty good feeling you’re mocking me, since i said that EXACT same thing a couple weeks ago in one of the ST threads and then i looked more closely at the picture and turned out i was wrong 😂 so if thats the case, then touché :) 

No that's funny. I really thought it was him and never saw your post. 

You guys do know that Jason Wright was specifically hired to be Snyder's puppet right?

I think the hope was that because there was so much heat on Snyder, that he would have no choice but to allow Jason to do his job without interference, similar to Ron.  But generally speaking, his job is to put a likable face out front for the organization, while simultaneously taking bullets for Snyder and carrying out things the way he wants them.  At best, your hope is a guy like Wright is capable of getting through to Snyder and talking him out of the idiotic things he wants to do.

I say all that not to take a crap on Wright, but just to bring some reality to what his job actually is here.  There is no doubt in my mind that he's going to live to regret this decision to join this franchise.  That in his initial discussions for this position with Snyder, Dan seemed so gung-ho about all Jason's ideas and seemed humbled by how bad things had gotten.  So he got himself all gassed up that he was going to be the guy to not only change this franchise for the better, but also Snyder.  Now he's in hiding wondering WTF he was thinking.

• Like 6

Anyone want to play predict rock bottom. Wow I have been wrong so many times before I should be disqualified from playing.

Mr Richardhead will likely escape scrutiny from congress as they are on the take as priority 1 (along with getting re-elected) and the NFL has unthinkably deep pockets. So he remains. I think RR will use lots of picks to get his QB in 2022, and then Turner will not develop/use him correctly, forcing Mrs Richardhead to fire them all mid season 2023. So depending on how many years of draft picks were used to get the QB, that's our next real short term bottom. I am thinking a nameless and coachless team spring 2024 is rock bottom. Then we will bring in a young college coach to save us from ourselves. At that point, he cannot do any worse than has been done in the previous 25 years.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You guys do know that Jason Wright was specifically hired to be Snyder's puppet right?

I think the hope was that because there was so much heat on Snyder, that he would have no choice but to allow Jason to do his job without interference, similar to Ron.  But generally speaking, his job is to put a likable face out front for the organization, while simultaneously taking bullets for Snyder and carrying out things the way he wants them.  At best, your hope is a guy like Wright is capable of getting through to Snyder and talking him out of the idiotic things he wants to do.

I say all that not to take a crap on Wright, but just to bring some reality to what his job actually is here.  There is no doubt in my mind that he's going to live to regret this decision to join this franchise.  That in his initial discussions for this position with Snyder, Dan seemed so gung-ho about all Jason's ideas and seemed humbled by how bad things had gotten.  So he got himself all gassed up that he was going to be the guy to not only change this franchise for the better, but also Snyder.  Now he's in hiding wondering WTF he was thinking.

Yes. As evidenced by my post.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Anyone want to play predict rock bottom. Wow I have been wrong so many times before I should be disqualified from playing.

Mr Richardhead will likely escape scrutiny from congress as they are on the take as priority 1 (along with getting re-elected) and the NFL has unthinkably deep pockets. So he remains. I think RR will use lots of picks to get his QB in 2022, and then Turner will not develop/use him correctly, forcing Mrs Richardhead to fire them all mid season 2023. So depending on how many years of draft picks were used to get the QB, that's our next real short term bottom. I am thinking a nameless and coachless team spring 2024 is rock bottom. Then we will bring in a young college coach to save us from ourselves. At that point, he cannot do any worse than has been done in the previous 25 years.

.....why nameless in 2024? You don’t think the name they’ve already chosen will last more than 3 years? 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No one. Dan is incapable of hiring a coach or have a front office that will bring will sustain success. Ron already had his one playoff appearance ; He's not returning to the playoffs.  

Edited by Rdskns2000

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

.....why nameless in 2024? You don’t think the name they’ve already chosen will last more than 3 years? 

Oh we chose a name? I missed that.... What is it? 

If we haven't revealed the name they chose, I have no reason to believe they actually chose one. Legal cases can span years, even if they did choose one.

Edited by RandyHolt

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Oh we chose a name? I missed that.... What is it? 

If we haven't revealed the name they chose, I have no reason to believe they actually chose one.

One of the local media guys said back in September that they did indeed choose a name, they’re just going through backup plans or something (i dont remember the exact wording he used) if they have to use a plan B.

and it was one of the more credible reporters that stated this, too. 

Edit: found the tweet. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993