Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Marty had us playing very good ball in the second half of his only season here, some of the best I can remember.

Except for the QB position, tha team was loaded: great RB, solid receivers, an above average defense and Oline.

Then of course your cousin Vinny had to butt in and screw everything up.

Fast forward 20 years later and we're a clown show. An absolute disgrace of a franchise.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I typically don't care for Jason Reid but he's on the money here

With all the **** show this team is right now, with all the negative stuff surrounding it, congress inquiry, DEA and whatever, even if NFL coaches are a really small circle, I hardly see anyone with HC aspiration willing to come here. Except if they want to kill their career for the next ten years, I would recommend them to stay far, far away from this team.

Even Detroit or Jets are a better environment than us.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Since 2018, the team’s record in:

Games Alex Smith started: 11 - 6

Games anyone else started: 10 - 30

This team needs a QB badly.

Yeah I am not even much of an Alex fan as a player but love the person.  Yet he is easily better than the scrubs we've had around him while he was here and asked for him to start last year too when this team was struggiling.  I had some hope after the Giants game that Taylor might be decent but clearly he's just a backup. 

Competent QB makes you at least competitive.  2012.  2015-2016.  first half of 2018.  Without a QB you are going into gun fights with a knife.  You pile Dan in that mix and you got no shot. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 6.49.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 6.50.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 6.50.49 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

Breer blasts Dan is his weekly column today.  I could only pull it on my phone to get through their pay wall so i can't post excerpts here.

but in short:

A.  He made the point, same one I did, that Dan's own PR people back then disputed that Dan was ever suspended.  So that goes in the face of Goodall's phony point about Dan was suspended.

B.  "If Goodall's word means anything, he needs to hold Snyder accountable"

Even if they can't force Snyder to sell the team, there are ways to put pressure on him, and he heard that idea has been discussed in the past among the owners.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"If Goodall's word means anything, he needs to hold Snyder accountable"

Muppets Laughing GIF - Muppets Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Even if they can't force Snyder to sell the team, there are ways to put pressure on him, and he heard that idea has been discussed in the past among the owners

Not going to happen, here's why: He has ALL the dirt. And if he's forced to sell, he'll burn it all down on his way out. You know he will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not going to happen, here's why: He has ALL the dirt. And if he's forced to sell, he'll burn it all down on his way out. You know he will.

This. The guy is so petty he will try to burn the NFL to the ground if they force him out. Snyder isn't the only scumbag in the group, he is just the worst at keeping his scumbaggery under wraps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt'n Obvious said:

This. The guy is so petty he will try to burn the NFL to the ground if they force him out. Snyder isn't the only scumbag in the group, he is just the worst at keeping his scumbaggery under wraps.

He once sued the City Paper for drawing devil horns on him. What do you think he'll do to the other owners if they forced him out?

Someone made mention of how disliked Snyder is amongst the other owners meaning he wouldn't have much dirt on the others as he's an outsider.  It's true that he's not well liked and we've never seen or heard anything about him being buddy buddy with anyone other than maybe Jerry.  Reports confirm as much.

However, as an owner, he's still privy to all of the leagues dirty laundry.  Not of the 'X owner used a racial slur in a personal e-mail' to me variety, but the way the league has handled numerous issues over the years.  He has all the details.  He also had Bruce feeding him stuff for a decade.  If Snyder is anything he's petty and vindictive and not for a second do I think he'd just roll over and sell the team without taking others with him.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 6:03 PM, JSSkinz said:

Based on the rules we know the owners can oust Dan but they need a three-fourths vote.  I think its safe to say Dan has collected enough dirt on other owners over his 25 years and he's using that as leverage to keep his position.

If that's not it then I cant imagine why they wouldn't cut bait, just doesn't make sense unless the league is worried about several owners being purged once all the findings are disclosed.

Remember a woman overdosed at one of Irsay's houses, Kraft probably wasn't the only one at the rub and tug, who knows the depth of the dirt that would come out once Dan starts talking.

Why else would they be protecting him!

my first reaction to something like this is “no way, that’s way too conspiratorial. The NFL isn’t run like a mob racket” 

but then I think of an exchange from a great movie

”my father is no different than any other powerful man - any man who is responsible for other people, like a president or a senator”

”do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don’t have people killed” 

“oh now who’s being naive, Kay?” 

and I realize, I am being naive. these are billionaires clinging to every 1, 10, or 100 million that they can. The amount of things that go on that we never know about is likely staggering 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He once sued the City Paper for drawing devil horns on him. What do you think he'll do to the other owners if they forced him out?

He probably has a list of all the "massage parlors" in Boston on speed-dial... just in case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Someone made mention of how disliked Snyder is amongst the other owners meaning he wouldn't have much dirt on the others as he's an outsider.  It's true that he's not well liked and we've never seen or heard anything about him being buddy buddy with anyone other than maybe Jerry.  Reports confirm as much.

However, as an owner, he's still privy to all of the leagues dirty laundry.  Not of the 'X owner used a racial slur in a personal e-mail' to me variety, but the way the league has handled numerous issues over the years.  He has all the details.  He also had Bruce feeding him stuff for a decade.  If Snyder is anything he's petty and vindictive and not for a second do I think he'd just roll over and sell the team without taking others with him.

I would say it depends on how he's ousted.

If he's ousted because Congress took him out for bad culture with examples and lots of stuff, whatever he may say won't be worth much, and I believe Dan's voice is not worth much anyway.

And if the guy doesn't have any email, he does't have much proof as I hardly see him keep hundreds of papers regarding league stuff and such. Not even sure he does read them too. I'm pretty sure he just doesn't care about it at all.

Guy is evil, stupid and lazy.

For almost everything he has done, he failed hard at it. I'm having a hard time this guy could take the NFL down if he decided to be vindicative at it. He'll most likely whiff because he'll think he'll outsmart all of them, just to find out he's still stupid.

If they force him out without Congress finding anything against him, sure he'll start a war against the NFL. But if the Congress doesn't force him out, nothing will change.

Edited by Wildbunny

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

If he's ousted because Congress took him out for bad culture with examples and lots of stuff, whatever he may say won't be worth much, and I believe Dan's voice is not worth much anyway.

This is the only way this happens...and it won't happen. The worst we'll get is the steroid hearings, with Rafael Palmiero wagging his finger at the hearing, swearing that he didn't take steroids; McGuire talking about the future; blah, blah, blah--and no real consequences beyond that. Hell, Selig was elected to the HoF despite these shenanigans.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I would say it depends on how he's ousted.

And if the guy doesn't have any email, he does't have much proof as I hardly see him keep hundreds of papers regarding league stuff and such. Not even sure he does read them too. I'm pretty sure he just doesn't care about it at all.

Guy is evil, stupid and lazy.

I agree that he’s evil, stupid and lazy for sure.  But he’s also vindictive as all get out.  Just look at the laundry list of folks he’s sued or aired out in one way or another.  He was best buddies with Bruce for a decade and he recently went on a crusade to crush him because he believed he had something to do with the Epstein rumor.  He sent people to some of the sexual harassment victims homes to coerce them into pinning all the issues on Bruce.

The guy is a nut, whether he has an e-mail track record or not, what he would have if he sold the team is 5 billion dollars to use to ruin the lives of other owners.

42 minutes ago, Capt'n Obvious said:

What message is he trying to send? They are 2-6. Season over, these guys don't give a damn anymore. This won't do anything and if anything could have a worse affect in regards to the team. All of Ron's words and actions lately ring as hollow BS.

1 hour ago, Capt'n Obvious said:

What message is he trying to send? They are 2-6. Season over, these guys don't give a damn anymore. This won't do anything and if anything could have a worse affect in regards to the team. All of Ron's words and actions lately ring as hollow BS.

It will ring to some, like Jonathan Allen, and thats how you weed out folka to do a culture change.  I approve of this, its one of the reasons he was brought here.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree that he’s evil, stupid and lazy for sure.  But he’s also vindictive as all get out.  Just look at the laundry list of folks he’s sued or aired out in one way or another.  He was best buddies with Bruce for a decade and he recently went on a crusade to crush him because he believed he had something to do with the Epstein rumor.  He sent people to some of the sexual harassment victims homes to coerce them into pinning all the issues on Bruce.

The guy is a nut, whether he has an e-mail track record or not, what he would have if he sold the team is 5 billion dollars to use to ruin the lives of other owners.

I don't doubt he would do it if he's forced to sell one way or another. I'm even expecting him to do it.

I just doubt doing it will do much damage to anybody.