Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Wrong, if people complain about the behavior of your employees and you do NOTHING until an article is about to drop is absolutely disgusting. Sure, it's not sex trafficking, but this is unacceptable. 

No one said it's not unacceptable though.  I think it's just the level of hype this got and the article not living up to that hype.  Nothing more than that.

24 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it was the Redskins FO putting the craziest stuff possible out there so we'd be pretty disinterested when the real article came out.

That is the standard move when you know bad news is coming but not immediately imminent.

You leak something much worse and more sensational (Epstein etc.) than what will be reported so that you inoculate the public and desensitize them against the actual reportable facts.

Imagine the impact this story would have had if it had been released last week before we had days of wild twitter fueled rumors to grab our imagination.

Snyder should give his media consultants a fat bonus check for this successful agit prop campaign.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hooper said:

In the grand scheme of things, this is a nothingburger, I'm afraid. Bunch of sleazy football bros. Not even one allegation of assault.  I'm glad the women are getting their stories out, but the build up was insane.

Isn't being groped assault, or do I not understand the legal nuance of the terms?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I think it's because they said HR was understaffed

He was being sarcastic. HR is never a positive force for employees, they protect the interests of the company always.

• Like 1

Do these allegations surprise anyone who's been following the Dan Snyder Football Franchise since 1999? It's completely on-brand. We already knew it was a third-rate brofest. Even their inappropriate pickup lines are lame.

I'm waiting to see what some of the reporters who hyped this on Twitter have to say. 

I can imagine there was going to be more but that the team managed to cut off too many of the Post's sources.

If Snyder was an executive, he might be out. No way the NFL will be able to oust an owner over this. It also doesn't seem like enough for the minority owners to all want to suddenly abandon ship.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dfitzo53 said:

Isn't being groped assault, or do I not understand the legal nuance of the terms?

I believe any touching that is not welcome can't be considered assault... but in the article the other 14 young women were speaking in anonymity.  I don't think any charges will be filed at this point, so as of now it's just hearsay.   If charges were being pressed, it likely is a completely different conversation. 

What true: sexual harassment, inappropriate behavior, unethical office environment. Alex Santos is a piece of **** and so is Larry Michael

What's false: violent sexual assault, Jeffrey epstein connection, drugs, abortions, paying the refs, snyder and bruce committing acts of sexual harassment 

• Like 1

This is very similar to the story with the Dallas Mavericks. I bet there are a LOT of organizations (in and out of sports) where women have experienced similar things. In no way am I condoning it or blowing it off. But it’s probably not enough to do something so drastic as to force an ownership change unless Snyder was directly implicated (he’s not) or if there was proof that he knew and didn’t follow protocols or covered up/blackmailed people— and of that evidence exists it wasn’t included in the article. 

They have probably done what they need to do already— fire all those directly implicated— or in Michales case, accept his retirement. 

Now, I imagine we will see a similar outcome as to what happened with the Mavs and Mark Cuban. An apology for not being more on top of things while denying any direct involvement. League will make them get house in order and deal with the public embarrassment. But I didn’t read anything here that justifies a forced sale of the team. Obviously, however low your opinion of Snyder was before this probably dips even lower, but I don’t think this justifies ouster. 

Now, the one SMALL ray of hope could be that given the years and years of sort of avoiding answering for any of this, Snyder finally has to face some music publicly. I don’t think he can hide on his yacht forever and it’s also probably a disastrous PR move to accuse these women of being liars. He hates facing the masses and he’s going to have to do that at some point. Perhaps he will just decide enough is enough and sell on his own. Doubtful, but one can hope. Perhaps, at the very least, this public admonishment will force him into his hole for good and a guy like Rivera can really run the show unfettered. 

• Like 2

Just now, profusion said:

Do these allegations surprise anyone who's been following the Dan Snyder Football Franchise since 1999? It's completely on-brand. We already knew it was a third-rate brofest. Even their inappropriate pickup lines are lame.

I'm waiting to see what some of the reporters who hyped this on Twitter have to say. 

I can imagine there was going to be more but that the team managed to cut off too many of the Post's sources.

If Snyder was an executive, he might be out. No way the NFL will be able to oust over this. It also doesn't seem like enough for the minority owners to all want to suddenly abandon ship.

We are not the ones that are supposed to be shocked by this. The general public that has no idea about how ****ty this organization is internally is. 

15 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

And lets not forget we are only hearing one side of the story!

Huh? Unless you don't believe the accounts of the women, there is no other viable "side" to any of the anecdotes. 

• Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I can't read it on Firefox Private mode atm, someone send me the cliffnotes and let me know where the Gruden orgy is.

Not in this article. But this feels like there's more to come maybe.

14 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I agree...and I'm glad they got fired. But to act like this only happens in Washington is ignorant. I would bet it happens at almost every club...in almost every sport....not to mention garages, or blue collar jobs, or reputable businesses...

Definately. Pretty sure you could have the same kind of stories on any sports teams all over the world. And every high business.

But still the kind of stuff I don't want to see happen. I've got two little girls and I'm not hoping for them being treated those were.

I remember about posting a few articles from Nora Princiotti when she was with the Times. Always thought the girl was good at her job. She deserved better.

Clearly, that's the kind of stuff that seriously question my fandom...

12 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I think it's because they said HR was understaffed

The article said they had 1 person for the HR. That's not understaffed to me. That's not staffed at all.

• Like 1

What this points out is a toxic culture in the workplace, not even your standard lack of institutional control but something toxic. This also may be the tip of the iceberg, and it goes along with the cheerleader story it proves a pattern in the offices of Washington that shows one of the worst, most toxic cultures to work in. For everyone saying this isn’t that big, this is huge and a major scandal.

• Like 1

Santos and Michaels really come out looking bad in this.

Schaffer, looking kind of decent, good for him. I do however understand why people were upset he didn’t report it.

Men, I know these type of comments are sometimes “not a big deal” from the male perspective but please keep them to yourselves. Its clear that women do not like this behavior so what do you gain from it.

So nothing much on Allen or Snyder except maybe they were enablers, doubt there is much there to remove Snyder if he is now taking action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, everyone named in the article is gone and Snyder is clean as a whistle other than being a douchey NFL owner, which there are probably 31 others.

Talk about a let down.

Also, it’s obvious that through this article the team will continue to be the continual dumpster fire that it is. It’s clear that Snyder is the problem. Nothing in here will change Snyder, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

If Snyder was an executive, he might be out. No way the NFL will be able to oust over this. It also doesn't seem like enough for the minority owners to all want to suddenly abandon ship.

There's two things that don't sit well with me.  One is the minority owner situation and the fact that they're so eager/aggressive to divest.

The second is that the Post could only get 1 of the 15 women on the record.  I believe all the accounts, but I also know quite a few women who've worked in industries that attract sociopaths and they're pretty open about the open sexual harassment, partners asking them to dress sexier, clients getting inappropriate, etc.

I like to think I haven't gone full Q-anon, but I feel like we're missing part of the story that the Post can't report. (i.e. why can't they get the other 14 women on the record?)

Edited by wrilbo67
  • Like 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Huh? Unless you don't believe the accounts of the women, there is no other viable "side" to any of the anecdotes. 

Like I said we hearing one side of the story, why should I believe anything without more investigating, I dont know any of these people, woman have lied and the post is the post.  Thats the problem ever buddy jumps to conclusions. Already looks like the post has put things in the article that dont belong.

13 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Well actually they have only one on record, they talk to some woman that stated it was as toxic as she has ever seen although she witnessed nothing and another section about woman getting yelled at for not doing her job in giving good directions..like I said the post being the post and always having to embellish their stories and not let the facts speak for themselves.

And lets not forget we are only hearing one side of the story!

Well everyone named in the article declined to comment, except Gershman. So obviously you only get one side of the story. And it still looks bad.

After reading the article I'm left wondering if the team orchestrated a counter intelligence operation to steal all of this negative story's energy by having online trolls put out a trove of rumors and possible content.  Underwhelming is an understatement.  I didn't expect there to be anything about money laundering, FBI investigations, or bribes to NFL refs but I assumed there would be something about Dan and Bruce.  They were mentioned, right here:

No woman accused Snyder or former longtime team president Bruce Allen of inappropriate behavior with women, but they expressed skepticism the men were unaware of the behavior they allege.

Imagine the sad trombone sound effect for yourselves.  (or click here)

Now this isn't to say that what is described in the article isn't worth exposing or somehow not bad.  It's bad.  It's bad in a way that I think comes as no surprise to anyone that's followed the team.  The culture is terrible and that terribleness evidently includes how the team treats it's female employees and female members of the press that cover the team.  Pervasive sexual harassment, inappropriate behavior, and nonexistent systems in place to deal with any of it.  The article mentions that the teams HR department consisted of one person (lol) that also had administrative tasks (lol again). 

This is bad, but this is bad in a way that's unfortunately common in corporate America.  We're still in a prolonged transition period where the appalling behavior of the past is being rooted out, and women are dragging their workplaces towards a better future.  I suspect a story like this could be written about any number of professional sport clubs, where toxic masculinity seems to gather naturally. 

I'm glad the Washington Post was able to shine a light on this and hopefully generate lasting change.  It's already lead to the ouster of the people specifically named by the women who came forward, which is a step in the right direction. 

Back to our expectations.  I don't see how any of this explains minority owners suddenly panic selling or any thoughts that this would force Dan to sell the team.  I wonder though, did some things get cut out?  There definitely feels like something is missing and the delay between word getting out to publishing is certainly odd. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Do you have information anywhere that HR knew? Or Snyder? Or Allen? 

Assuming they knew because someone was crying is not proof they knew. Its proof that they didnt give a **** about asking someone why they were crying...that's it.

HR literally took away a physical hard drive with a video of one of the Michael allegations, deleted it and gave back the hard drive, and kept the video file in their 'confidential records' and nothing else happened until he was allowed to retire this week. Rhiannon Walker and The Atlantic were in contact with the team's legal team about Santos and nothing happened for years until he was fired for this article. There are more examples. I assume that fits what you're asking for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1