Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think some of these top military officials are saying "wtf is this guy doing?". Hopefully a few top people will have the guts at some point to unify and go public with their concerns. 

Gee, the military not following illegal orders by Trump might cause a heart attack.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think some of these top military officials are saying "wtf is this guy doing?". Hopefully a few top people will have the guts at some point to unify and go public with their concerns. 

If the military resists Trump’s orders I have a feeling we may never know the details until way later. They tend to keep things like that under wraps. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

If the military resists Trump’s orders I have a feeling we may never know the details until way later. They tend to keep things like that under wraps. 

As they should. 

(Besides, we'll find about it ten minutes later, in a Trump Rage Tweet.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

The main issue is there seems to be no organization to these protests, the peaceful demonstartors need to make it crystal clear that each protest will end by 5:30 or whatever time works best to clear each city by 7pm. If you are caught up after 8, too bad, you're not part of our group. 

I don't think that works. The entire point of a protest is disruption not destruction, but disruption. If you can only protest when you are not heard, seen, and cause no inconvenience than no one will pay attention. If no one pays attention then nothing gets done.

I'm not advocated looting and certainly not arson, but I have no problem with people marching in a street past curfew. I even think it proper for them to be in the streets making traffic messy. Make people have to drive the long way. Make them pause to listen as they slog through. Hell, if it was okay to march to the capital at gun point to rally for the freedom of barbershops it certainly is valid to protest the loss of human lives and systematic institutional abuses.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I know there is The Stadium but I have to say the Redskins doing #blackouttuesday had to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

They shoulda sat that one out for sure 

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Trump gassing peaceful protestors for a church photo-op is roughly 1000X dumber.

Nobody would argue that. What does that have to do with what I said? If your point was leave the Redskins alone, just say that.

• Thanks 1

Fangio is Out of touch. I understand what he’s trying to get at. But all you need to do is Check the coaching ranks, the executive ranks, the ownership ranks. If these teams exist in society and racism is a societal problem....we’ll Vic, you got a problem too.

When the the makeup of your workforce/team is 70-80% African American to Not address what is going on in the country right now would be a mistake. I think it was right to participate in the blackout, 100%. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Nobody would argue that. What does that have to do with what I said? If your point was leave the Redskins alone, just say that.

Based on a brief random FB sampling, I feel comfortable asserting that every single NFL team posted some variation of the “blackout” deal on their social media yesterday.

Why are the Redskins  “one of the dumbest things you’ve ever seen”?  What makes us so awful?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Based on a brief random FB sampling, I feel comfortable asserting that every single NFL team posted some variation of the “blackout” deal on their social media yesterday.

Why are the Redskins  “one of the dumbest things you’ve ever seen”?  What makes us so awful?

Right...it's basically stating that if someone accuses you of something you should embrace that characterization. If Snyder thought the name was racist, he should have changed it. He clearly doesn't believe that so why would he think to "sit out" this current situation?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right...it's basically stating that if someone accuses you of something you should embrace that characterization. If Snyder thought the name was racist, he should have changed it. He clearly doesn't believe that so why would he think to "sit out" this current situation?

I think yall are over thinking this one. People think the Redskins name is racist. Lots of those same people are the ones the team would be showing solidarity with during the blackout thing. So, the racist team saying that racism is bad is obviously going to get some of those particular peoples attention. Its not rocket surgery. Doesnt have to be a continuous argument. 

I dont really agree with it. And its a catch 22 cause if racist team is the ONLY team not to say anything I think thats worse. So its a thing. Part of why this is so complicated. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

It's pretty ****ing terrifying that we're close to a point now where the only thing that may be between us an a full blown dictatorship is the military refusing to follow orders from a rogue POTUS that they view as illegal and/or immoral. I really hope that, if we survive this, there will be a reckoning for Congressional Republicans that will hold them accountable for their complicity and assistance in all of it. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 11