Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

This isn’t a small gesture. This is the SecDef going on record against his CiC. Esper might get fired for this. 

Having worked with DoD people and high ranking military leadership, this is a pretty strong signal that defense leadership is not happy with Trump and how he wants to use the military to “dominate” citizens. 

Makes me feel slightly better that if bunker**** gives an order to the military to use force against the public, they will disobey.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This isn’t a small gesture. This is the SecDef going on record against his CiC. Esper might get fired for this. 

Having worked with DoD people and high ranking military leadership, this is a pretty strong signal that defense leadership is not happy with Trump and how he wants to use the military to “dominate” citizens. 

Makes me feel slightly better that if bunker**** gives an order to the military to use force against the public, they will disobey.

I wonder what will happen if Trump does give the order and the military brass refuses. Will Trump fire them and look for leaders who will follow his orders? A military version of the Saturday Night Massacre? Then it would filter down to the lower ranks. Would they then refuse the orders of new superiors that they see as illegal? Would it get down to where we're literally at soldiers choosing to refuse orders to fire on American citizens?

I guess one thing we have going for us is that, no matter what Trump says or does, the reality is that he IS a **** ass **** and a complete coward. When challenged by anyone who isn't demonstrably weaker than him, Trump pretty much always ends up folding. He's already showing signs of backing down again on this...but Esper publicly rebuking him is going to absolutely enrage him so who knows what he'll do then, because when he's been publicly contradicted by his own people is when he's been the most unhinged in the past. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I think yall are over thinking this one. People think the Redskins name is racist. Lots of those same people are the ones the team would be showing solidarity with during the blackout thing. So, the racist team saying that racism is bad is obviously going to get some of those particular peoples attention. Its not rocket surgery. Doesnt have to be a continuous argument. 

I dont really agree with it. And its a catch 22 cause if racist team is the ONLY team not to say anything I think thats worse. So its a thing. Part of why this is so complicated. 

I agree it's not worth continuing the debate, but you just explained in your post why it was a weird opinion to have. 

Why Rubber Bullets Are So Dangerous, and What to Do if You're Shot With One

Following the death of George Floyd—one of an untold number of black people who’ve experienced police brutality over the years—organized protests have taken place throughout the US and beyond. During some protests, law enforcement have used rubber bullets (as well as batons, tear gas, and flash grenades) to control crowds.  

But they haven’t only targeted people looting and causing damage. Author and photographer Linda Tirado was shot in the eye with a rubber bullet at a protest in Minnesota, and she revealed on Twitter on May 30 that she’s now permanently blind in one eye. “The docs absolutely refuse to let me go back to work for they say six weeks (sic),” she wrote. 

According to a 2016 report by Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) and the International Network of Civil Liberties Organizations (INCLO), rubber bullets are a type of kinetic impact projectile (KIP) used for crowd-control purposes. They can be solid, spherical or cylindrical, come in a range of sizes, and can be fired as single shots or in groups of multiple projectiles. Sometimes they’re made of plastic or PVC instead of rubber, or even a composite that includes metal. Rubber bullets were first used by US law enforcement in the mid-1960s during protests against the Vietnam War. 

A systematic review of medical literature, published in BMJ Open in 2017, found that rubber bullets can cause serious injury, disability, and death. Of 1,984 people who had injuries from KIPs, 53 died and 300 suffered permanent disability. Of those who survived, 71% had severe injuries, according to the review. 

Click on the link for the full article

- Defense Secretary Mike Esper said he thought that, after the Rose Garden speech, they were leaving to inspect a burned out public restroom.

- Trump's last words before they left:

"Thank you very much, and now I am going to pay my respects to a very, very special place."

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

tk and i are deciding whether you guys who brought up redskins will be temp banned and/or restricted to the stadium for an indeterminate time, especially the ones still going :) (there's more slack given here than in a rope factory)

you're going to see more people restricted from this forum when they don't follow mod directives (like extended off-topic discussion that often adds agitation as well as diverting the topic) and keep creating issues/work

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

tk and i are deciding whether you guys who brought up redskins will be temp banned and/or restricted to the stadium for an indeterminate time, especially the ones still going :) (there's more slack given here than in a rope factory)

you're going to see more people moved to the stadium when they don't follow mod directives and keep creating issues/work

<mod edit>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spiff-and junkies

go edit your posts

like has been said many times---do not reply to moderating posts in the thread

you just made "jokey" off-topic posts after a moderating post abut that being an issue

actually n/m, i'll just do it this time

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Dude...

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

Figured it'd be alright to apologize.  Sheesh.

Holy ****, you know things are bad when they're now throwing Ivanka under goddamn the bus for that Monday cluster****.

ADD: They even threw in Hope Hicks for good measure. So basically "It was all the womens' idea" is the new plot line?

How Trump's Idea for a Photo Op Led to Havoc in a Park

WASHINGTON — After a weekend of protests that led all the way to his own front yard and forced him to briefly retreat to a bunker beneath the White House, President Trump arrived in the Oval Office on Monday agitated over the television images, annoyed that anyone would think he was hiding and eager for action.

He wanted to send the military into American cities, an idea that provoked a heated, voices-raised fight among his advisers. But by the end of the day, urged on by his daughter Ivanka Trump, he came up with a more personal way of demonstrating toughness — he would march across Lafayette Square to a church damaged by fire the night before.
Inside the White House nearby, Mr. Trump was coming up with his plan to walk to the church. Several administration officials said it was his own idea; two officials said that during a senior staff meeting on Tuesday, Mr. Meadows credited the president’s daughter. It was crafted during an Oval Office meeting the day before that included Ms. Trump; Mr. Meadows; Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser; and Hope Hicks, another top adviser.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s going down, @steve09ru!

Gonna be a very interesting day at Central Virginia’s #1 Mazda dealer.

https://www.henricocitizen.com/articles/protest-planned-beginning-at-noon-in-short-pump/

Hopefully they don't protest at Central Virginia's #1 Mazda dealer. Mazda's are awesome.

If they really want to protest and shut down a dealership, do it at a Nissan dealership. Most of those cars are crap!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Sit this one out, Drew!

So disappointed in Drew. I have been a huge Drew fan since I went to Purdue and met Drew several times. Sorry that he and all the others with this stupid idea that kneeling during the National Anthem is disrespectful can't see through that.  How of much of this could have been avoided if when Colin kneeled people took the opportunity to understand the issue and make real changes.

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5