Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

Adhere to the following:

1. do not make posts that call for specific acts of violence on specific public figures---even if you have a justifiably and appropriately (in your view) harsh reaction to something, find a way to express those thoughts and feelings in a way that doesn't cross those lines

2. return the "cops needing to be fired" thread to just that specifically, and not this (and vice-versa)

3. given the topic and the times----try hard to keep your heads on straight and your feet on the ground, planted for balance---these are the times we need that the most, and my own head is looser than it's been in a long time and my feet hurt regularly so i need all the help i can get myself :) 

start your engines, be responsible while still energized, and stay safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12

per this summer as this goes one: keep in mind there are huge numbers of cops all over the nation who hate this racist/other ****...we need to be mindful of that, too, while not letting up on those who are the problem, and yes there are huge numbers of them too, sadly

16 minutes ago, Mooka said:

<mod edit>

nah, that's not what this was, if i'm taking that correctly---the right thing for you to do is edit the second part or all of it

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

per this summer as this goes one: keep in mind there are huge numbers of cops all over the nation who hate this racist/other ****...we need to be mindful of that, too, while not letting up on those who are the problem, and yes there are huge numbers of them too, sadly

Soooo true, that's why I picked up my bible last night! These crazy videos going around makes it easy to forget that there are some solid ladies and gentlemen that protect our tails every day, it's a shame that the scumbags cloud thzleir good deeds. I think/hope this situation opens up more communication between all parties, that's truly the only thing that will resolve this situation. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

William Barr is something else yall.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/02/george-floyd-protests-live-updates/

Attorney General William P. Barr personally ordered law enforcement officials on the ground to extend the perimeter around Lafayette Square in Washington to push back protesters just before President Trump spoke Monday, a Justice Department official said.

These are the peaceful protesters that got tear-gassed so Trump could have a photo-op at a Church.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Sad 1

• Jumbo changed the title to Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

I hope those of us in MD took the time to vote by today.  I further hope we took the time to look at the judicial slate of nominees to decide for whom to vote.  Civil unrest is one thing, but at least take the time to address the things within our power.

Obama said similar in his message I read yesterday:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/former-president-obama-protest-politics-unrest-george-floyd-death-change-local-elections-specific-demands-are-key-1202948262/ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, gbear said:

I hope those of us in MD took the time to vote by today.  I further hope we took the time to look at the judicial slate of nominees to decide for whom to vote.  Civil unrest is one thing, but at least take the time to address the things within our power.

Obama said similar in his message I read yesterday:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/former-president-obama-protest-politics-unrest-george-floyd-death-change-local-elections-specific-demands-are-key-1202948262/ 

Sent my ballot in this morning (I know I should be kicked for waiting until the last minute)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gbear said:

I hope those of us in MD took the time to vote by today.  I further hope we took the time to look at the judicial slate of nominees to decide for whom to vote.  Civil unrest is one thing, but at least take the time to address the things within our power

Had to go in person. Somehow my ballot got lost in the mail. I sent it off before they were accepting dropoffs too. You won't catch me voting by mail outside of pandemics anytime soon.

We really need someone to step up and become a spokesman.  What kind of short term action is needed?  Even if congress does something, it will not solve racism.  Police Brutality is just a really small piece of the puzzle but just the most caught on camera.  We need to figure out how to get people out of those poor communities and out of trouble. We need to fix why mass incarceration is higher in the black population, we need to provide more business opps, we need to get the school right.  This will take decades to fix. 

For the life of me I can’t understand how the answer to people protesting citizens being abused or murdered by authority is to threaten to use the military against civilians. 

The only thing I can understand less is how so many elected Representatives choose to say nothing or support the illegal proposition. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1