Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

What the hell is that tweet about nyc the guard and nursing homes 

it’s not that I’m surprised at how low he goes it’s just you can’t predict what and I couldn’t even read through it all the way the first time 

Also good for warren

way to go troll the **** out of trump. Kudos. His blood is going to boil when he hears you’re there 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

I don't want to side track too much, just want to add DC deserves statehood if anything so they don't serve as a pawn to any future president because they aren't a state. 

And not absorbed into Maryland, not after what they have been through.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Then he'll just claim victory. Its become a no win situation until the SOB is out of office.

I support protests everyday until the election.

I do not support rioting and looting everyday until the election.

It's tough, some how the states need to figure out how to get the resources to allow peaceful protests during the day and stop the violence and chaos that seems to pickup at night.

That may require some "shocking" coordination with the protesters instead of trying to, checks notes, dominate them.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

It's tough, some how the states need to figure out how to get the resources to allow peaceful protests during the day and stop the violence and chaos that seems to pickup at night.

Maybe a . . . curfew?  Enforced?

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I hope the protesters clear out, don't give trump the show he wants. 

We'll see man, curfew's approaching and still big crowds.

btw, being out of state, I always glance at the traffic cams to confirm what I'm watching live:   http://app.ddot.dc.gov/

Its hard to confirm what's actually live vs live footage. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Maybe a . . . curfew?  Enforced?

No.  I'm fine with activating the full national guard in every state, as long is its focused on stopping the violence, not the 1st Amendment.

Normally you need permits to protest, have the states just given up on trying to steer folks towards the proper channels to hold folks who don't use them accountable?

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:
Cross posting. Facebook is one of the most destructive things to happen to democracy.

So I agree, but I also see the benefit in using social media in countries that are oppressed. So to me, it’s a double edged sword.

I’m not the most well versed on the subject but wasn’t the Arab Spring largely possible due to social media?

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I hope the protesters clear out, don't give trump the show he wants. 

Right to peaceably assemble is a Constitutional right (in the very first amendment as a matter of fact).  We cannot capitulate.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1