Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

31 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

On one hand, that’s never gonna happen.  Despite all the bluster, Central VA is very laid back.

OTOH,  Monument Ave is a beacon of conflict...still.  Bob Lee could come down this summer.  We might get a whole lot more attention than we ever wanted.

There’s no way the hardcore confederate history folks take this lying down.  Central VA is laid back but not when we’ll get invaded by thousands of hardcore South. Most likely armed.   I have a feeling any other statues (If I’m the VMFA I don’t keep my statue outside for a bit. I’d move it for now.) are now targets for those upset by the announcement.  We could very well see in a stand off in the middle of Monument Avenue.  Yeah I’m taking a long vacation.  I am curious what happens to Monument Avenue.  They have to do something because that’s the most valuable area in the city and it brings crazy tourism revenue so they can’t just leave it bare. 

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I can understand the sentiment but there's absolutely no way they'd get a first degree murder charge to stick. Unless they could prove that Chauvin knew Floyd prior to his arrest and intentionally stalked him with a premeditated plan to kill him after arresting him, it wouldn't fly. Even second degree murder is not going to be easy to prove.

Translation: Trump screamed at Esper and threatened his job. 

They charged 2nd degree; so they could charge the other 3.  I heard on the radio that MN law doesn't let them  do that under 3rd degree. 

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Thanks 2

I grew up in a law enforcement house and environment. Majority of our family friends were such through law enforcement. It has taken me a long time to realize just how many awful people are police officers. And it was a rough road. I’ve argued countless times against many in this thread on this subject over the years. 

And it’s very sad to me because it flies in the face of how I was raised and what I’ve believed for the last 35 years. 

and it makes me feel like an idiot for believing what I believed and holding onto it for so long.  

but really that’s peanuts because of what those officers are doing to others, and how people in those communities are severely affected even if it doesn’t happen to them because they see it; it’s people they know; and ultimately it’s just one part of the massive system injustice and racism that I’ve ignored and even defended at times. 

so. I’m sorry. That ****s ****ed up. And none of you deserved it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/iLLResolveSys/status/1267998281826807808

thats video of them destroying the water. I think I saw the pic earlier but not the video 

anywyas

im speechless 

what

why would do that 

They claimed that water bottles had previously been used as projectiles against them. They are in armored riot gear and they are afraid of 20oz plastic water bottles. The pictures of them leaning over the water bottles prohibition style is so hilarious because it highlights how pathetically scared and fragile most cops live.

They did try to later say it was on private property and the owner didn't want them there, but that was quickly debunked. I also doubt the private property owner ordered the execution of the water.

Edited by Kurd Cudins
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

They are probably thinking that without water the crowds break up quicker and disperse.

Sure, but that’s overly inappropriate. At minimum they should be fired for stupidity. 

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

There’s no way the hardcore confederate history folks take this lying down.  Central VA is laid back but not when we’ll get invaded by thousands of hardcore South. Most likely armed.   I have a feeling any other statues (If I’m the VMFA I don’t keep my statue outside for a bit. I’d move it for now.) are now targets for those upset by the announcement.  We could very well see in a stand off in the middle of Monument Avenue.  Yeah I’m taking a long vacation.  I am curious what happens to Monument Avenue.  They have to do something because that’s the most valuable area in the city and it brings crazy tourism revenue so they can’t just leave it bare. 

Bring it down.  My city needs to heal.  We’re way overdue.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

why would do that 

If you think of it strategically, the reason doesn’t seem like too big a mystery.  They don’t want anything that helps protesters resist their efforts and remain in the area.  If they want medical aid, they’d prefer this force them to leave.   

Not saying I agree with it, just that I think I understand why they’d do it.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

why would do that 

Cruelty is the point. Thats why we call it systemic. Someone higher up gave the order to go **** those medics and their supplies and the grunts just do it. 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

If your think of it strategically, the reason doesn’t seem like too big a mystery.  They don’t want anything that helps protesters resist their efforts and remain in the area.  If they want medical aid, they’d prefer this force them to leave.   

Not saying I agree with it, just that I think I understand why they’d do it.  

Or this ^^ 

It would seem to me destroying an aid station and hiding behind the idea that they didn’t have a permit means you either can’t take the temperature of the room or you’re trying to actually hurt these people

the country needs help and healing and these guys are cutting up all that water? Because they didn’t have a permit?

and honestly I probably wouldn’t have cared day one. I’d accept the tactics of it. 

but this isn’t day one. Everyone knows what’s going on and it’s past time to pick sides and you’re cutting up water run the middle of the day. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2