Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

Trump is so afraid of turning off his far right support, to the extent that it makes me wonder if they are a larger contingent than we know.  I can't think of any other reason, outside of him being a horrendous person, that he can't just go pay lip service to minorities to quell the violence.  I think we all know he doesn't care but it's not that hard to pretend to care, particularly in an election year.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Trump is so afraid of turning off his far right support, to the extent that it makes me wonder if they are a larger contingent than we know.  I can't think of any other reason, outside of him being a horrendous person, that he can't just go pay lip service to minorities to quell the violence.  I think we all know he doesn't care but it's not that hard to pretend to care, particularly in an election year.  

I’m afraid of the base he has And honestly I think it’s way more than we think.  That’s why I was earlier trying to say Richmond needs to be careful how they handle the Monument Avenue deal.  If they take them down and put VA people up things stay status quo side wise and Trump loses.  If they do something like say only black statues and we’re renaming the street Black Monument Avenue which was a proposal I worry it might shift some middle or slightly right people right over the right edge.  His base as nasty are have shown they manipulate things that happen and make it look like something else.  Considering blacks have made it clear they hate trump but don’t necessarily like Biden that could be disastrous.  Richmond will have the Country’s spotlight on them because of the past and it’s South history.  We could literally change the election outcome by how we handle this. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He clearly has the support of a minority of the population and the gap is getting bigger. But his approval still shows up around 40%.

Given that less than two thirds of citizens vote, maybe he believes he can drive enough turnout among the 40% to win?

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think we all know he doesn't care but it's not that hard to pretend to care, particularly in an election year.  

When you model your game after dictators.... what else could you expect?

I think what was meant by 'draining the swamp' is democracy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

He clearly has the support of a minority of the population and the gap is getting bigger. But his approval still shows up around 40%.

Given that less than two thirds of citizens vote, maybe he believes he can drive enough turnout among the 40% to win?

his 40 are determined.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Hes in too deep, him turning around to the folks he was against will be responded with a list of why its too late, plus cost him the base hed lose by not continuing to double-down. 

It would help the country but guarantee an election loss for him, so don't hold your breath on him doing the right thing here at his own expense.  It's just not in his nature.

10 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I was in that "less than two thirds" but Trump is the reason I registered to vote just to vote against him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I was in that "less than two thirds" but Trump is the reason I registered to vote just to vote against him.

I hope that everyone who has dedicated hours and hours to attending protests or ****ing about him on social media since his inauguration invests a few minutes to vote in November. 😎

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hes in too deep, him turning around to the folks he was against will be responded with a list of why its too late, plus cost him the base hed lose by not continuing to double-down. 

Yup, he won’t win the people he’s already lost, and if he changes course now he’ll lose his base as well. So his only choice is to double down.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Never been to a protest b4. Yall think bringing a cooler full of ice water would be a good idea so I can share it with folks? I can pull it that wont really be an issue for me. 

Not if you have to run, I'd wear a backpack, that's what I see a lot of folks doing.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It would help the country but guarantee an election loss for him, so don't hold your breath on him doing the right thing here at his own expense.  It's just not in his nature.

This is why the message has to stay clear for protestors and such.  Likely he tries to calm everything through a tweet or something while still using military.  Protestors can’t allow the message to fade from Floyd and equality or his base could try to turn it.  We don’t know how much real support he has.  That’s the most dangerous part. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh, I'm certainly not holding my breath as I've learned to expect the worst.  I guess you're right, he's attempting to go down swinging with his faithful group. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Never been to a protest b4. Yall think bringing a cooler full of ice water would be a good idea so I can share it with folks? I can pull it that wont really be an issue for me. 

Usually a bad idea to bring anything that draws attention of any sort, can be used as a weapon, or will simply become annoying as hell to lug around.  If your wondering about the weapon part, I’ve seen coolers tossed around at immigration rights rallies.  

If you’re going in the day, in addition to your standard supplies, don’t forget to bring a hat.  I’d also pack a light change of clothes (basketball shorts and a tshirt, for example, don’t take much room).  You probably won’t need it, but it’s nice to have the option.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I still don’t trust the polls.  They thought Hilliary would obliterate him.  He destroyed her. 

he lost the popular vote, and wone the electoral college vote by something like 100,000 votes (with over 100,000,000 cast)

It was a razor thin victory 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

he lost the popular vote, and wone the electoral college vote by something like 100,000 votes (with over 100,000,000 cast)

It was a razor thin victory 

It was less than 80,000 votes in three states, less than 1%, which is suspicious.

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

Usually a bad idea to bring anything that draws attention of any sort, can be used as a weapon, or will simply become annoying as hell to lug around.  If your wondering about the weapon part, I’ve seen coolers tossed around at immigration rights rallies.  

If you’re going in the day, in addition to your standard supplies, don’t forget to bring a hat.  I’d also pack a light change of clothes (basketball shorts and a tshirt, for example, don’t take much room).  You probably won’t need it, but it’s nice to have the option.  

Look at Destino suggesting a change of clothes so if the cops are after you, you can quickly change and try to escape unnoticed.  It's like he's done this before.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5