Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

8 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

If you believe Tua is a superior QB to Haskins, then you draft him. QB is the single most important position on a team. 

A dominant pass rusher is nice, but Khalil Mack is never going to win a SB for Chicago. 

The 9ers just went to a Super Bowl, and had a 10 pt 4th q lead doing just this.

Mediocre, unknown QB.  Drafted a stud DL.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, moboy36 said:

I've heard this idea before, but I'm not sure why Detroit would make this deal.  They only trade based on the perception that they won't get their QB.  If they are required to sign off on not taking Young, then that perception is gone.  If they know for a fact that the Redskins are targeting Young, then they also know that they can wait and get their guy at 3.  The only way they trade up is if think we're willing to give up Young.  

Detroit makes this deal as a moving on from Stafford thing, and to move out of Slay’s contract. This would be the reason for the skins to feign interest in Tua. 

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

And who won the game? The team with the absolute stud at QB.

Yeah, who might never had the opportunity had Shanny not **** the bed...again...but that's debatable.

And I think Haskins is better than Garrapallo.

And Young is better than Bosa.

And Tua would have to be Mahomes to take him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

To be fair, your post he quoted said "get to the show", not "win the show".  😀

That being said, I think any other QB would have lost that game. The 49ers DL was harassing Mahomes all game. The thing that saved him was his ludicrous talent and ability to move and improvise.

He has abilities that pretty much no other QB in a long time has had. IMO if they had any other QB the Chiefs would have been toast.

So sure, if you truly think that Tua is the next Mahomes and you absolutely believe that he'll be able to stay healthy then you take him. But while Tua is an excellent talent IMO he ain't Mahomes. And I have serious doubts about his ability to stay healthy given his extensive injury history.

But take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm far from a pro scout, and I've certainly been wrong before. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

That is a great point BUT we can't and shouldn't ignore Tua's injury history or we are repeating a pattern.  I think you draft Young.  You give Haskins a shot here, and if things do not pan out, then you draft one next year.  It seems from all the posts on the draft thread that there are some excellent prospects at QB next year. 

Hurt in college, hurt in the pros.  I like Tua, but given his injury history, zero chance I trust him to stay healthy at the NFL level.  I completely understand if some GM doesn't agree and mortgages the farm for him.  I am all on board for drafting Young, but one of those to good to pass up offers comes up that still  lands us Simmons or  Odokuh I'm on board.  I would be a bit surprised if that offer is made, so we draft Young and all is well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

To be fair, your post he quoted said "get to the show", not "win the show".  😀

That being said, I think any other QB would have lost that game. The 49ers DL was harassing Mahomes all game. The thing that saved him was his ludicrous talent and ability to move and improvise.

He has abilities that pretty much no other QB in a long time has had. IMO if they had any other QB the Chiefs would have been toast.

So sure, if you truly think that Tua is the next Mahomes and you absolutely believe that he'll be able to stay healthy then you take him. But while Tua is an excellent talent IMO he ain't Mahomes. And I have serious doubts about his ability to stay healthy given his extensive injury history.

But take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm far from a pro scout, and I've certainly been wrong before. 

Not to stray too far off topic, but I 100% agree with your assessment about Mahomes in the Super Bowl!!!  The talking heads said he was having a terrible game going into the 4th quarter.  I profusely beg to differ.  The 49ers' front four were all over him from the first snap.  They gave him no time to throw the football.  Their positive plays came from him scrambling for yardage/first downs or to buy time to make a successful throw.

IMHO, it was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a QB and very few QBs, if any, could have won that game under the same exact DL pressure he was under virtually the entire game.  Yes, he is a bad bad bad man!!!  

Edited by cakmoney61

5 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Detroit makes this deal as a moving on from Stafford thing, and to move out of Slay’s contract. This would be the reason for the skins to feign interest in Tua. 

Yeah, I understand that part.  I'm stuck on asking Detroit to sign a guarantee that they won't take Young.  At that point, we've shown our hand, and they have no reason to move up.  I don't think they would do that.  

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, who might never had the opportunity had Shanny not **** the bed...again...but that's debatable.

You raise an unintended interesting question; what if Tua has better scout grades coming out than Mahomes did which I think is very possible? 

How do you pass on that??????

6 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Mahomes didn't play very well in that game.  He's a great QB, but he's also playing on a great team.  That gets lost in the discussions of his value.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

You raise an unintended interesting question; what if Tua has better scout grades coming out than Mahomes did which I think is very possible? 

Haskins had a better grade than Mahomes did.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moboy36 said:

Yeah, I understand that part.  I'm stuck on asking Detroit to sign a guarantee that they won't take Young.  At that point, we've shown our hand, and they have no reason to move up.  I don't think they would do that.  

Yes, I would think the same thing. But maybe the Redskins could convince the Lions that they are weighing another offer from a team trading up to 2 giving up considerably more draft capitol, but if Detroit signs off on not taking young, we choose young plus Detroit's 2nd.  If Detroit can't put it in writing they won't take chase, we are going to take that other offer with the other team, and in turn Detroit loses out on tua.  We have to act like those two trade offers are our plan a and plan b, and staying at 2 to take young is plan c.  That could be a tough sell and Detroit could very well call our bluff.  But I guess it's possible.  This is assuming deals where other teams guarantee they don't draft specific players are allowed, which I dont know.

8 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Von Miller's Broncos beat MVP Cam Newton's Panthers in 2015.

Strahan/Osi's Giants beat the GOAT Tom Brady in the Patriots. Twice.

Jamers Harrison and a dominant up front Steelers D won two Super Bowls. One against a HOF-er in Kurt Warner.

Seahawks D destroyed Peyton Manning's Broncos. Granted that D is more famous for the secondary, but they were terrific up front as well with guys like Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

What if Chase Young gets super powers? How do you pass on that??????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Okay, I’ll bite...

How is Haskins better than Jimmy G at this point? 

Are you saying you THINK he’s GOING to be better? Or he is better?