Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not married.

And no.

I actually went back and re read some pages.

I knew you liked chase but I thought you were one of the guys who wanted tua but I didn't find anything that suggested that.

My bad, that's why your "nervous as hell" comment confused me.

Edited by redskinss

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I actually went back and re read some pages.

I knew you liked chase but I thought you were one of the guys who wanted tua but I didn't find anything that suggested that.

My bad, that's why your "nervous as hell" comment confused me.

I have advocated, time and time again, that the Redskins seriously consider Tua. Not that they should draft him. There are many questions with him. Not sure where I fall yet, but I’m on record saying that as of now I’d still take Young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’m still not sold Cincinnati doesn’t go Cincinnati on us and take Young. Or that they don’t trade with Detroit, Detroit takes Young. They seem to like all 3 top QBs, so dropping to 3 means only 1 is off the board. 

I don’t think it’s likely, but it makes me nervous as hell.

Though, I guess the positive is that we could then trade down guilt free, snag Simmons and the next BPA and then I’d be happier than a pig in ****. 

But seeing Young in one of the cats uniforms would be nauseating.

Building on your point this is why Rivera is talking to Burrow and Tua as well as the other top draft picks. I am sure he wants to have all his ducks in a row incase Cincy goes haywire whilst also appearing unpredictable himself.  If that did happen that Chase went 1 and we could flip Burrow or Tua in a trade we would get a record bounty of picks. Its a dream scenario really, or just take which ever QB he thinks is better if you think either is once in a generation passer. One things that is for sure is that either way the Skins are in a great power position. Thank God it's not Vinny or Bruce with that power.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I love the response tweet. I don’t want to see somebody run while attached to elastic bands. Let’s see a 40 at the pro day. 

That being said, he’s pretty huge and lean. 

Never understood the obsession with 40 yard dashes for DL. For DL I care about things like 10 yard splits, which show explosion. The elastic band drills help with explosion and get off. He's basically doing **** that matters, not the pointless stuff. Which is what he said about not doing that stuff at the combine. He's focusing on stuff that actually, you know, matters to football. If he decided to transition to CB then I'll care about his 40. 

• Like 2

I love the fact that I will be buying a  new jersey to go with Riggo, Green, Sean, Coleman, and Dexter, ect. This reminds me so much of the draft with Sean. THAT was a game changer, just as Chase will be. Always, I mean ALWAYS, draft the best player. Frankly, if someone wants to trade up it will have to be an insane trade, for them. Chase changes everything, just as Sean did.  Hail

• Like 1

I guess Im kinda coming around on Chase Young.  I still just cant shake the feeling that hes gonna be good, but hes not gonna be THAT good.  The problem I see with Chase is that he is as good now as he is ever gonna get, there is no room for improvement as he is already perfected the technical side things.  And hes just not quite the physical freak that Jevon Kearse or Clowney are.

He'll be good, but he is just not gonna be a generational type player in the NFL like he almost was in college.  

Keep in mind I got spoiled at Ohio State, watching Joey and Nick Bosa, Will Smith a generation ago.  But thats why I can see, he is not a cut above those guys.  Hes about the same level, not as strong as Nick Bosa or Will Smith upper body wise, but a little quicker.

If you wanna draft Chase Young  expect someone at the level of Will Smith (DE for saints that got murdered).  Good, but  no Reggie White or L.T. or Sean Taylor level of truly once a generation player.

You know who could be though?  Isiah Simmons.  A LB thats faster than Saquon Barkley or Ezekiel Elliot, and most WRs.  Now THAT is a potential once in a generation type player, with room to grow and the freakish athleticism of Sean Taylor (minus Seans mean streak, which we are just never gonna see again).

I wont complain too much with a perennial 10 sack guy, as long as Simmons stays out of the Giants hands.