Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

Haskins looked better than Goff his rookie year. He looked better than Rosen and Eli Manning too.

Looked exactly the same as Trubisky's rookie year, maybe a touch worse (which can be accounted for by the fact the Bears actually supported Trubisky and the Skins... not so much with Haskins)

Edited by KDawg

Just now, KDawg said:

Looked exactly the same as Trubisky's rookie year

For box score scouts maybe.

Trubisky has never shown the ability to go through progressions or make anticipatory throws (basically the same problem RGIII had), something that is a requirement for a starting QB in this league.  

Haskins, on the other hand, has shown this ability. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

For box score scouts maybe.

Trubisky has never shown the ability to go through progressions or make anticipatory throws (basically the same problem RGIII had), something that is a requirement for a starting QB in this league.  

Haskins, on the other hand, has shown this ability. 

Except you know I'm not a "box score scout" Mr. PFF is good when I agree, it's stupid when I don't :)

Looks like he worked through his progressions his rookie year to me. And having watched his rookie year (I usually have a TV with Red Zone on next to the Skins game), it stacks up as I remember. Inconsistent, erratic accuracy, bad decisions, fit some balls in to receivers where they had no business going, fairly mobile, took too many sacks, didn't protect the ball all that well.

Reminds me a lot of Haskins, actually. THough, I think he may have been better at protecting the ball than Mitch.

Doesn't mean they have the same trajectory.

Edited by KDawg

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Except you know I'm not a "box score scout" Mr. PFF is good when I agree, it's stupid when I don't :)

Actually, not my position at all. I just call them out when they contradict themselves in articles, but I am a strong believer in their advanced metrics. It’s just amusing to me when they ignore those advanced metrics in favor of extremely inferior metrics to make a point. 

Speaking of PFF:

Reading through progressions dubbed Trubisky's biggest weakness

To be clear, Trubisky has struggled all over the PFF spectrum. But what really sticks out is his play while reading through his progressions. His 29.9 passing grade on second-read throws — throws made after the QB has clearly moved his eyes to his next receiver — is dead last in the NFL, and he has completed fewer than 50% of his attempts in those situations. His four turnover-worthy passes rank second-most since the start of 2018, and he owns the NFL’s fourth-lowest adjusted completion percentage on his second reads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Reading through progressions dubbed Trubisky's biggest weakness

To be clear, Trubisky has struggled all over the PFF spectrum. But what really sticks out is his play while reading through his progressions. His 29.9 passing grade on second-read throws — throws made after the QB has clearly moved his eyes to his next receiver — is dead last in the NFL, and he has completed fewer than 50% of his attempts in those situations. His four turnover-worthy passes rank second-most since the start of 2018, and he owns the NFL’s fourth-lowest adjusted completion percentage on his second reads.

Yes, he struggled. But having watched Haskins, I saw the same with Dwayne. Credit where it's due, he seemed to get better at it towards the end of the year. But it was against the worst two passing defenses in the league. We'll see if that was a big step soon. 

If the team doesn't go after Tua (which I am still not advocating for, to be clear), then I think Haskins with a veteran backup who can compete, but won't likely take the job, is the correct route. Haskins can improve, and he showed glimpses through the year, but especially the last two games.

I don't have PFF access, but I bet Trubisky was better from a clean pocket :)

3 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

You know this is a Chase Young thread and not a Dwayne Haskins thread, right?

I can't tell anymore. I open a thread with new posts, read, and reply. I guess I'll start paying attention to the thread I'm in :ols:

First post on this page is from you posting about QBs though, sir. So you've aided in my confusion!

Edited by KDawg

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Here, I'll help you out with that:

It was a joke. I was impressed with neither guy their rookie year. Was just poking at your PFF stuff :)

I'm higher on Haskins than I was/am on Trubisky. But they had very similar years.

Thanks for posting that, though. Not sure what any of it means. But it's provocative. 

• Haha 1

I don’t Believe the “Snyder won’t allow it” mantra. I really don’t. Not that he hasn’t mettled, but that at this moment in Time it’s all on Ron and the team. I think McShay is passing on someone’s assumption of the situation. I think Ron has the power to draft Tua if he wanted to. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I don’t Believe the “Snyder won’t allow it” mantra. I really don’t. Not that he hasn’t mettled, but that at this moment in Time it’s all on Ron and the team. I think McShay is passing on someone’s assumption of the situation. I think Ron has the power to draft Tua if he wanted to. 

McShat also grandstanded with "No one wants to work there!" regarding the Redskins coaching position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I agree. For all we know Rivera was fully committed to Haskins upon agreeing to coach here. And maybe he isn’t. We’ll know that for sure some time soon.

• Like 1

I’m still not sold Cincinnati doesn’t go Cincinnati on us and take Young. Or that they don’t trade with Detroit, Detroit takes Young. They seem to like all 3 top QBs, so dropping to 3 means only 1 is off the board. 

I don’t think it’s likely, but it makes me nervous as hell.

Though, I guess the positive is that we could then trade down guilt free, snag Simmons and the next BPA and then I’d be happier than a pig in ****. 

But seeing Young in one of the cats uniforms would be nauseating.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Though, I guess the positive is that we could then trade down guilt free

Yeah that’s the minor positive for me with Young going #1. It takes that trade back dilemma right out of our hands and eliminates the coulda shoulda woulda headache.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m still not sold Cincinnati doesn’t go Cincinnati on us and take Young. Or that they don’t trade with Detroit, Detroit takes Young. They seem to like all 3 top QBs, so dropping to 3 means only 1 is off the board. 

I don’t think it’s likely, but it makes me nervous as hell.

Though, I guess the positive is that we could then trade down guilt free, snag Simmons and the next BPA and then I’d be happier than a pig in ****. 

But seeing Young in one of the cats uniforms would be nauseating.

You're wife gets a lot hotter when somebody else starts eyeballing her doesn't she?

Edited by redskinss
  • Haha 2