Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Charlie Casserly on the Junkies yesterday basically said he'd take CY without question but as a GM you have to listen to trade offers.  He said he would be tempted if some team blew you away with a pick package.

I think that's what it's going to take, a really obscene offer with multiple first rounds but I also don't think any team will do that.  I get the feeling this draft will be really straight forward with what teams deem players without question marks like Tua has.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Charlie Casserly on the Junkies yesterday basically said he'd take CY without question but as a GM you have to listen to trade offers.  He said he would be tempted if some team blew you away with a pick package.

I think that's what it's going to take, a really obscene off with multiple first rounds but I also don't think any team will do that.  I get the feeling this draft will be really straight forward with what teams deem players without question marks like Tua.

To me there is no doubt that when the Redskins pick Young is their choice at #2 overall.  As you said and Charley mentioned it would have to be a monster deal probably equivalent to what Charley was presented by the Saints in order for them to get Ricky Williams.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think that's what it's going to take, a really obscene offer with multiple first rounds but I also don't think any team will do that. 

nobody is dumb enough to do it except the skins...and since they own the pick hopefully that keeps them from screwing it up...  stop talking about it...see the above post!

14 hours ago, TheShredder said:

This thread needs to knock on some wood!

Dont jinx this pick!

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think that's what it's going to take, a really obscene offer with multiple first rounds but I also don't think any team will do that.  I get the feeling this draft will be really straight forward with what teams deem players without question marks like Tua.

IIRC Rivera basically said this himself when asked about it at the combine. Said you always listen to offers but wasn't sure anyone would be willing to give up what they'd be asking. Probably an RG3 level trade at least. Not gonna happen IMO. 

• Like 1

If we do draft Young, I’d like to see us trade Allen and recoup that 2nd rd pick we gave up for Sweat.  That’s too much money tied up in the D line in my opinion. We can’t keep them all and while Allen has been average , he still carries the rep that would make him trade worthy.

had a dream last night that the Dolphins traded up the Lions for the third pick before the draft, so we drafted Tua and then swapped him for the third pick and an extra first. so it was like instaneous, and we end up officially having both picks on the record

Edited by carex

3 hours ago, mojo said:

If we do draft Young, I’d like to see us trade Allen and recoup that 2nd rd pick we gave up for Sweat.  That’s too much money tied up in the D line in my opinion. We can’t keep them all and while Allen has been average , he still carries the rep that would make him trade worthy.

No way man. We are on the verge of what could be an incredible special dominant unit. and you want to pick it apart before that even happens?  

Allen is going to benefit more than anyone from drafting Young. He could be a 10 sack DT.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mojo said:

Trade... Allen? Cmon man.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, carex said:

I maintain that we can afford to trade Tim Settle, who could be a starting NT for a 3-4, but not Allen

We'd maybe get a 4th for him. He's shown some nice flashes here and there but it's not like he's some dominant force that teams will give up high picks for. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, mistertim said:

We'd maybe get a 4th for him. He's shown some nice flashes here and there but it's not like he's some dominant force that teams will give up high picks for. 

he's young. cheap and in a position it can be difficult to find quality at

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, carex said:

the position he plays that it's difficult to find quality at is Nose Tackle, not Defensive Tackle and we aren't using NTs anymore

1 tech in a 43 is essentially a NT and considering you need him for 20-30 plays a game and he provides great depth, no, you don't trade him.

Why is anyone even talking about picking our Dline apart? It's about to be a perfect unit! Perfect. Very young, with veteran leadership, talent everywhere, affordable.

The 49ers just rode a great Dline and safety play into the championship game and people want to take ours apart before it even gets rolling. It's just unbelievable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

1 tech in a 43 is essentially a NT and considering you need him for 20-30 plays a game and he provides great depth, no, you don't trade him.

Why is anyone even talking about picking our Dline apart? It's about to be a perfect unit! Perfect. Very young, with veteran leadership, talent everywhere, affordable.

The 49ers just rode a great Dline and safety play into the championship game and people want to take ours apart before it even gets rolling. It's just unbelievable. 

If drafting Chase is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!!

Seriously!!!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, so you don't trade him.

The Alabama boy who we could trade is Ryan Anderson. He started to show something in the 3-4 last year, but he's an awkward tweeter in the 4-3. Sadly, we might not get much for him. Probably a 5th with luck.

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

because we think being seven or eight deep is a luxury we can't really afford when there's positions we are barely one deep at.  If Settle was our only quality back up I wouldn't think of it.  If our top three DT are Payne, Ionnadis and Allen I'm willing to have the drop off to a Caleb Brantley or Ryan Bee(and I'm not even sure Brantley is a dropoff), just like if our top three DE are Young, Kerrigan and Sweat, I'm satisfied with Nate Orchard or Jordan Brailford as our fourth and I don't think we need to grab anyone else

Edited by carex
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carex said:

because we think being seven or eight deep is a luxury we can't really afford when there's positions we are barely one deep at.  If Settle was our only quality back up I wouldn't think of it.  If our top three DT are Payne, Ionnadis and Allen I'm willing to have the drop off to a Caleb Brantley or Ryan Bee(and I'm not even sure Brantley is a dropoff), just like if our top three DE are Young, Kerrigan and Sweat, I'm satisfied with Nate Orchard or Jordan Brailford as our fourth and I don't think we need to grab anyone else

So you're both overvaluing our depth and role players and undervaluing our depth and role players.

• Like 1