Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

32 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Apparently he already has them...but Simmons is right there with him after his combine numbers.

Just hope he doesn't pick some random, stupid nickname to start calling himself like Wolverine or some such.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Just hope he doesn't pick some random, stupid nickname to start calling himself like Wolverine or some such.

He’s got a nickname...

Not one I made up, so it’s not great.

But it’s The Predator.

• Like 1

There is no real downside whatsoever to Chase Young. Incredible talent, great work ethic, impeccable character, terrific teammate, no injury history. And its not like he didn't produce in college and is just some workout warrior, he put up dominant numbers and in the Big 10 too which tends to produce quality OL.

The only real potential downside there might be is the hometown factor. He might get distracted by family/friends of his past.  But it seems like he's got a good upbringing and that won't bother him.

• Like 2

The downside to Chase Young has nothing to do with Chase Young. It’s the fact that if Haskins doesn’t turn out, we still don’t have a QB. But we’d still likely win too many games to be in the top end QB hunt in the 2021 Draft. But win too few to be excited about. 

Haskins is a tremendous wild card. It doesn’t matter how you feel about him. Lover, hater, agnostic... doesn’t matter. He is the wild card right now. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Tua is just as big a wild card, if not bigger. If Haskins doesn't pan out? What if Tua can't stay healthy?

My post had nothing to do with Tua. Though you’re correct. My point was entirely about Haskins being an unknown.

And wild card isn’t necessarily a negative connotation 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no real downside whatsoever to Chase Young. Incredible talent, great work ethic, impeccable character, terrific teammate, no injury history. And its not like he didn't produce in college and is just some workout warrior, he put up dominant numbers and in the Big 10 too which tends to produce quality OL.

The only real potential downside there might be is the hometown factor. He might get distracted by family/friends of his past.  But it seems like he's got a good upbringing and that won't bother him.

There is one downside that I can think of and it only relates to the alternative to taking him.....injury/the great unknown. We lost out on Sua Cravens because of bull**** unknowns....if some team offers us multiple picks for our #2 it has to be considered just because of this reason alone. If a Reuben Foster injury happens to Chase vs. having 4 or 5 high picks, I wonder how much that plays into things for the organization? It's a realistic concern. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

The downside to Chase Young has nothing to do with Chase Young. It’s the fact that if Haskins doesn’t turn out, we still don’t have a QB. But we’d still likely win too many games to be in the top end QB hunt in the 2021 Draft. But win too few to be excited about. 

Haskins is a tremendous wild card. It doesn’t matter how you feel about him. Lover, hater, agnostic... doesn’t matter. He is the wild card right now. 

Yeah that weighs on me just a little.  I just keep in mind that Russell Wilson went in the 3rd, so it's rare of course to snag a dude in that round.  Aaron Rodgers went 24th just before us  (damn!)  so that can happen and if we are picking there then that is good news.  Hopefully Haskins has a nasty good year and we don't got to worry about it.  He just needs to be good if our D is top notch and we will be competitive.  

Trading back may be dangerous because who knows if the Giants go for Simmons.  Getting him and the 18th pick and a 2nd and 1st next year would be cool with me, but I doubt I could pass on Chase at this point.  FO is different now and they can the right moves I am sure.  

55 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There is one downside that I can think of and it only relates to the alternative to taking him.....injury/the great unknown. We lost out on Sua Cravens because of bull**** unknowns....if some team offers us multiple picks for our #2 it has to be considered just because of this reason alone. If a Reuben Foster injury happens to Chase vs. having 4 or 5 high picks, I wonder how much that plays into things for the organization? It's a realistic concern. 

Well injuries can happen to anyone. That shouldn't be a factor unless a guy has a known injury history. Young has none.

Cravens was a 2nd round pick. Not really the same since scouts/personnel people probably don't dive into those guys backgrounds as much as they would for a top 5 pick.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yeaaaah dip **** friend of mine is trying to convince me that the skins are gonna go tua at 2

Charlie Weis on XM radio this morning said that as many or more GM's are more impressed with Tua than they are with Burrow. He said he would take Tua over Burrow. The Tua train is in high gear and he hasn't even been able to work out yet. He also said he believes the Skins are throwing smokescreens out there about taking a QB when he has no doubt they will take Chase Young. We are in a very interesting spot because I still believe teams are gonna try and come up to get Tua.....once we take Young Detroit is gonna have some jackpot offers if they want to drop back.....