Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

While the 49ers defense took a big jump this year much of their success is really due to better performance on the offensive side and more than Nick Bosa was added to the defense anyway.  Offensively, they were much better in the RZ (albeit are still mediocre but enough to explain much of their increased scoring), turn the ball over significantly less and convert more third down opportunities to increase their TOP.  Further, much of our defensive problems this year were directly attributable to an offense that could not stay on the field (lots of 3 and outs, turnovers and dysfunction in the RZ).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up.  Not rooting for Kyle anyway, especially since he took another shot at the Skins in his Super Bowl media day

Good, maybe Snyder needs/needed some sense knocked into his loser ownership ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

While the 49ers defense took a big jump this year much of their success is really due to better performance on the offensive side and more than Nick Bosa was added to the defense anyway.  Offensively, they were much better in the RZ (albeit are still mediocre but enough to explain much of their increased scoring), turn the ball over significantly less and convert more third down opportunities to increase their TOP.  Further, much of our defensive problems this year were directly attributable to an offense that could not stay on the field (lots of 3 and outs, turnovers and dysfunction in the RZ).

I think this is exactly the reason to get our hopes up. They were terrible on 3rd down. They added Nick Bosa and Ward got healthy. We should be adding a FS and a CB and drafting Chase. 

They didn't have a QB and were overall bad on offense. Haskins started to look decent last year and will be in his second year. I expect we will be getting Trent back and we should be adding a TE. There is no way our offense looks as bad this year as last. 

• Like 4

Can't a 2020 offense effectively game plan out a stud LDE? 

Run left run left short pass, chip.... yep run at Montez over and over. I am not the only to remember Rak pissed at how he could get no pressure on Eli because he quick passed us to yet another win. I am struggling to believe a DE can be the best player in a QB deep draft.  Compare them to a QB or RB who are just in your face attacking a D all day.   Some positions simply carry more weight. Not to mention we will be subbing him out.

Maybe he has developed physically faster than those around him.  We have all seen great college players fizzle in the bigs when the competition catches up to them.  Andre' FoFizzle Johnson.  I hope he is unstoppable but we have all seen great pass rushers vanish in games. Or for a month at a time. I will need to see our new DCs approach before I think he will be unleashed and used to his strengths. A team D approach always comes first in these parts.

I am interested to see how much we are still locked in if Bosa is invisible in a super blow loss.

As time goes on, more and more you hear the chatter on the value of trading down. This draft is a great place to start the change of this organization.  Right now I see us taking CY. But as we get closer and when a firm ridiculous offer is on the table it’s gonna be really interesting the choice this franchise makes. 

So stoked to see how this plays out. Either way we win honestly. 

I think it depends on those other picks in the first round, assuming it’s the Dolphins. Do we believe we’ve identified two supreme players when paired with Jeudy/Okudah/Simmons beat out just having Chase.  Picks 15-28...

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2

I suspect a significant part of the reason Rivera and JDR took this job was to build a defense with Young as its cornerstone, similar to what they’ve collectively had with Von Miller, Luke Kuechly, Khalil Mack, Julius Peppers, Calais Campbell etc. throughout their coaching careers. They know the importance of a true game wrecker on defense. 

I’ve lost count of how many times Rivera’s said he really likes this roster’s young talent. Or how many times people outside of the organization have said the defensive talent is being misused. I don’t think he sees as many holes on this roster as some fans do. At least not enough to pass on Young in the name of filling holes. We’re not trading back from #2. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Run left run left short pass, chip.... yep run at Montez over and over. I am not the only to remember Rak pissed at how he could get no pressure on Eli because he quick passed us to yet another win. I am struggling to believe a DE can be the best player in a QB deep draft.  Compare them to a QB or RB who are just in your face attacking a D all day.   Some positions simply carry more weight. Not to mention we will be subbing him out.

Maybe he has developed physically faster than those around him.  We have all seen great college players fizzle in the bigs when the competition catches up to them.  Andre' FoFizzle Johnson.  I hope he is unstoppable but we have all seen great pass rushers vanish in games. Or for a month at a time. I will need to see our new DCs approach before I think he will be unleashed and used to his strengths. A team D approach always comes first in these parts.

I am interested to see how much we are still locked in if Bosa is invisible in a super blow loss.

I'm with you....it's not that I don't want Young, however, if we can get a sick haul from Miami and fill multiple spots, I'm all in on that. I don't believe in can't miss prospects for multiple reasons.....steroids, injuries, intangibles, etc.....

I was beyond excited when we drafted Lavar Arrington, a freak athlete who dominated in college. He was a huge disappointment for us because of his undisciplined style of play. Make no mistake, if we pick Young because our staff loves him then I'm juiced, but if we get 4 picks for our #2 pick and I see Simmons, Espenesa, Delpit and a corner in the 2nd round starting this September I think I'm even more pumped. That leaves the rest of the draft and free agency to get a TE, WR and offensive linemen.....Wow, that's a hell of an offseason. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, max21 said:

It would be a real shame if we traded away the pick. We don’t really have any superstars on the team, Young will be just that. 

Maybe a simple trade down 1 spot with Detroit and collect a 3rd rounder or better. But, have signed agreement they won’t draft Chase Young. There’s a lot of good DBs and guards and LBs in the mid rounds I’d like to add. 

54 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I’ve lost count of how many times Rivera’s said he really likes this roster’s young talent. Or how many times people outside of the organization have said the defensive talent is being misused.. We’re not trading back from #2. 

If he thinks we have young talent AND peeps believe that our talent was misused....wouldn't that lead a reasonable man to believe that we need less talent infusion and more depth? That the missing piece of the puzzle was a coaching staff capable of utilizing said talent?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Maybe a simple trade down 1 spot with Detroit and collect a 3rd rounder or better. But, have signed agreement they won’t draft Chase Young. There’s a lot of good DBs and guards and LBs in the mid rounds I’d like to add. 

What your saying is something that I stated in a post earlier.  :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

If he thinks we have young talent AND peeps believe that our talent was misused....wouldn't that lead a reasonable man to believe that we need less talent infusion and more depth? That the missing piece of the puzzle was a coaching staff capable of utilizing said talent?

He can like the talent while still believing we are lacking a true game wrecker on defense, which is a very reasonable assumption to make based on his statements thus far.  You don't give up a chance to draft a potential game wrecker in order to pick multiple less talented players unless you're planning a roster overhaul.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He can like the talent while still believing we are lacking a true game wrecker on defense, which is a very reasonable assumption to make based on his statements thus far.  You don't give up a chance to draft a potential game wrecker in order to pick multiple less talented players unless you're planning a roster overhaul.

Appreciate the response and thoughts. I'm not anti-chase by any means, I don't think any of us can be. But I'm definitely of the mindset that we would be remiss if we didn't consider any "generational" trade offers.  If we get offered  3 1sts+, I'm listening. Or a opp to regain our 2nd and a move to #3 if the swap guaranteed we'd still get Chase. In other words, we're in a good spot and should take full advantage thereof.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think this is exactly the reason to get our hopes up. They were terrible on 3rd down. They added Nick Bosa and Ward got healthy. We should be adding a FS and a CB and drafting Chase. 

They didn't have a QB and were overall bad on offense. Haskins started to look decent last year and will be in his second year. I expect we will be getting Trent back and we should be adding a TE. There is no way our offense looks as bad this year as last. 

I agree that this is why we might be able to get our hopes up.  I don't think we have any holes that we don't have the resources to fill.  I do think we have lots of question marks though.  My two biggest questions are will Haskins continue to develop or was the end of the year fools gold? How bad was our defensive system versus our personnel?  In 2004 we either downgraded  (Bailey to Springs?  Plan B Mike?), brought in a question marks (couple of potential rising stars but not proven) or made no moves. Main obvious uograde was the defensive system and Sean Taylor (who was a huge character question mark himself).

However, I am now more in show me mode as this team has dashed my hopes too many times! Further, Rivera has never really impressed me as a coach.  While his best teams were very good, he never lead a team to multiple winning seasons. 

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

A 1991 offense could effectively game plan out a stud DE.  Of course, planning is easy, execution is why you win SBs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

He lines up everywhere he’s not an “LDE”, he’s physically developed, dominant pass rushers effect the game on defense more than any other position, any positional player can be the best player in the draft, a QB that’s a lesser prospect may play a more important position but just being a QB doesn’t mean he’s a better player, demanding game plans designed to stop him are a part of why he’s a special prospect, you can’t game plan a truly dominant pass rusher out of a game or everyone would do it, if he forces short throws over the course of a game hes making the team better, he can play in any system. 

Edited by Berggy9598

You can't have enough D talent on the line.  One of things the Niners have done did through the draft and FA is add depth and talent.  They are able to rotate players in and out which keeps them fresh.  They don't get worn down  but what they do is wear down opposing O lines as the game wears on.    

I want Chase Young.  If they are so missed in the trenches what might our D line look like used properly?   When I hear "misused" I expect a Norman resigning immediately.  Of course beefing up in the trenches can help any secondary. 

Lets just start adding a few stars to the roster and build the team in a solid manner. 

11 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Sure, but you can say that at any position. 

Teams are always going to have a game plan. You gotta find the horses where your situation allows you to and make smart financial decisions as it pertains to team building.

The "Team First" built defense makes the most sense to me, but then again, so does pretty much every position on the field. These great players make the team stronger, so long as they aren't totally egocentric and believe in the fundamental concept of football as team.

I personally would love for teams to game plan to keep Young out of it. That allows Allen, Sweat, Payne and Ioan to tee off. I don't think teams will do that, though. Maybe in pass rushing situations. But in the run game I think they are going to challenge Chase. We'll see if he's up to it if he winds up in the B&G.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up.  Not rooting for Kyle anyway, especially since he took another shot at the Skins in his Super Bowl media day

I missed it but I'm sure it's a comment I would approve of.  He has ever right to be bitter at the Redskins for what they did to him and his dad.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I missed it but I'm sure it's a comment I would approve of.  He has ever right to be bitter at the Redskins for what they did to him and his dad.  

no he doesn't.  His father's teams didn't produce except one year with an incredible rookie.  Of two traded for QBs he had more faith in John Beck than Donovan mcnabb.  Even if McNabb under performed he was sure as hell better than Beck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This position is the 'QB' equivalent on defense. There is no way we can pass on this player, a definitive 'blue chip', but further, he becomes the cornerstone of an already well built unit. We have surrounding blue chips on D line/MLB/S and this makes this pick even more valuable.

The value Chase Young will bring to this team is multiplied because of what the Redskins have in place. I'm so excited for the coming years.

• Like 2