Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:
*if Niners won Bosa MVP candidate*

Don't disagree with this at all. I'm surprised (but really, I'm not) that Jones wasn't in the conversation. So I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy G got it if the Niners won, either.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Timmy_Smith said:

Chase = Lavar. 

This seems either exceptionally random or exceptionally lazy. Can you explain?

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

After watching that Chiefs line get abused and the average game Mahomes had, I'm even more convinced that Young has to be the pick and we can't trade down. An average DL will get picked apart by him, even a good one will. A great one though? That's a QBs worst nightmare. 

I think Brady would agree with you. So would most QBs. The only reason Mahomes was still pretty decent last night in the face of that front is because he's such a ridiculous talent and can do things that no other QB in the NFL can really do, especially when it comes to eluding pressure and making off-schedule plays. I think pretty much any other QB would have had a really really bad night and would have lost that game. 

• Like 1

Hope they pick him.  At first I thought maybe trading down was best and I still think that is reasonable considering we have so many holes.  But, still would like them to stay put and pick him.  Hopefully he lives up to his rep.

35 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

He was playing with so much energy.  I thought he had lost something.  I just remember him having a bad day against Antonio Brown (no shame in that) and he was gone.

The ironic thing is Breeland actually had really good coverage on Brown, they were just perfect throws by Big Ben everytime and great catches made by AB.

With a better coaching staff and overall organizational culture, we would have propped Breeland up after that game and stood by him and continue to show confidence in him. But this franchise just sucks.

3 hours ago, Timmy_Smith said:

Chase = Lavar. 

Don't see it. Lavar was an OLB in college. Even then, he was damn good early in his career when we had coaches like Marty and Marvin Lewis that actually knew how to utilize his talents. He wasn't the worst pick in the world.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

He was playing with so much energy.  I thought he had lost something.  I just remember him having a bad day against Antonio Brown (no shame in that) and he was gone.

I honestly think it was the whole culture here. It was so toxic that I could see it just sapping the joy and energy out of actually playing football. It doesn't surprise me at all to see a guy who seemed semi-lifeless here go somewhere with a good culture and a good coach and actually get amped up again. Hopefully that's changing now. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah if I were the Skins I would laugh at that offer. I mean just completely bust out laughing while on the phone with Miami.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait..huh..you mention that Kerrigan was playing well untill towards the end of the season and than attach a highlight from what looks like 2014?..or is that just a random clip to show what Kerrigan used to have?

Lol my bad I thought that video clip was from this year. But I said he was playing well towards the end of this past season, hence proving he has more left in the tank.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/Article/Chase-Young-a-better-version-Nick-Bosa-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Football-Washington-Redskins-Joel-Klatt-143063554/Amp/

“I think that Chase is going to be a great player,” Klatt said. “There’s a few things that he does as well or better than anybody. Mostly it’s his first step so he can beat you with speed. But he has tremendous hands as well.”

“He’s just a total game wrecker,” Klatt said of Young. “Every time that he’s needed to make a play, it seemed like he was close. From my standpoint, this is the type of guy that you can draft, you can plug him in and you can play him right away. I think he is a better version of Nick Bosa. Bosa is explosive but he’s shorter. Chase has better length. He’s a little better versus the run because of that length. He is the type of guy that I think can be an all pro multiple times in his career."

• Like 2

Just think about the possibilities if Montez Sweat and Reuben Foster take strides to live up to their potential after we add Chase Young to the defense? I think we will be at least as explosive as Jacksonville was about 3 years ago when they had all of those 1st round picks on their defense. Really, if we just focus on building the offensive line into a great running attack we will be immediate contenders if Dwayne is just a solid game manager. That in itself is exciting....

Lots of ifs there but JDR has some serious toys to play with once we add Chase.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The Giants get Chase Young in that scenario, and it kind of seems like it could happen with QB's going 1,2, and 3 if we trade back.  Ouch.  That's a nightmare.

Yeah the only thing worse than missing out on a guy like Chase Young would be basically handing him to a division rival so he can terrorize us twice a year for the next decade. We would look like the ultimate tools. Even the Browns would be laughing at us. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah the only thing worse than missing out on a guy like Chase Young would be basically handing him to a division rival so he can terrorize us twice a year for the next decade. We would look like the ultimate tools. Even the Browns would be laughing at us. 

And this clown has us throwing in pick 66????

Not happening.

• Like 3

The trade value chart is fine for low to mid round picks. In the top of the 1st its really based on the individual talent of the prospects. For example trading up from 6 to 2 should never cost three 1sts, but it did for us because of how tantalizing a prospect RG3 was.

• Like 1