Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Yeah we better draft Young, look at Bosa's impact in the super bowl and Young is even more dominant than him.

I don't know if Young can be more dominant than Bosa....I guess we'll see soon enough. Bosa has a motor that's tough to match.

18 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

I'm glad the Chiefs won as they hadn't won it all in 50 years, plus I can't pull for the city of San Francisco to win. But Bosa was probably the best player on the field tonight and Young should make a similar impact with the Redskins. I'm ready for draft night.

I don’t think Bosa was the best player on the field, stats say otherwise defensively.  Maholmes got MVP but it probably should have gone to the running back Williams. Usually great defense beats great offense, but when you have great offensive players on your great offense, that’s what prevails.

9 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I don’t think Bosa was the best player on the field, stats say otherwise defensively.  Maholmes got MVP but it probably should have gone to the running back Williams. Usually great defense beats great offense, but when you have great offensive players on your great offense, that’s what prevails.

Bosa had the biggest impact and was getting pressure all game long, Buckner was really good too though.

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't know if Young can be more dominant than Bosa....I guess we'll see soon enough. Bosa has a motor that's tough to match.

If Young is better than Bosa he might be in J.J. Watt Aaron Donald territory. I think that's a possibility. 

• Like 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I thought Chris Jones was the best defensive lineman on the field tonight.  Dude is gonna get PAID.

I agree, though I’d put Bosa in range. They were both incredible in this game. Jones was extremely clutch though. Hand straight up in passing window, fingers spread, balls deflected. Was like watching poetry.

Just now, 98ORAKPO98 said:

If Young is better than Bosa he might be in J.J. Watt Aaron Donald territory. I think that's a possibility. 

Slow.

Down.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Kinda hard to say who was the '"best" player on the field, especially when comparing completely different positions. But you could clearly see Bosa's impact on almost every play, especially when pass rushing; he was pressuring Mahomes and forcing him to improvise all night...it's a testament to how damn good Mahomes is that he was still able to get things done. That's the sort of thing an elite Edge guy brings to your defense and why those guys get paid second only to QBs. 

So there's zero chance I pass on a guy like Chase Young who's at least as good a prospect as Bosa, if not better, at #2 unless the Chiefs literally offer me Mahomes for the pick. Those are the two guys who stood out to me the most. Bosa because he was blowing **** up the whole game, and Mahomes, because he was good enough to overcome it.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I agree, though I’d put Bosa in range. They were both incredible in this game. Jones was extremely clutch though. Hand straight up in passing window, fingers spread, balls deflected. Was like watching poetry.

Slow.

Down.

I can't :)

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Kinda hard to say who was the '"best" player on the field, especially when comparing completely different positions. But you could clearly see Bosa's impact on almost every play, especially when pass rushing; he was pressuring Mahomes and forcing him to improvise all night...it's a testament to how damn good Mahomes is that he was still able to get things done. That's the sort of thing an elite Edge guy brings to your defense and why those guys get paid second only to QBs. 

So there's zero chance I pass on a guy like Chase Young who's at least as good a prospect as Bosa, if not better, at #2 unless the Chiefs literally offer me Mahomes for the pick. Those are the two guys who stood out to me the most. Bosa because he was blowing **** up the whole game, and Mahomes, because he was good enough to overcome it.

Well said.

Draft Chase Young number 2 overall. Resign Trent William's to a 4 year extension, Kerrigan to a 3 year extension, resign Flowers and Brantley. Sign free agents Cory Littleton, Anthony Harris, James Bradberry, Greg Olsen. 

Release Josh Norman and Paul Richardson.

Draft BPA with each of the rest of our draft picks with the hope that a good WR, and offensive guard is there for the taking.

Jonathan Allen, I believe will have his breakout season and become dominant playing for JDR, and will have an impact similar to Fletcher Cox has for the Eagles.

Hope that Reuben Foster, Derrius Guice, Bryce Love and Jordan Reed ( four potential stars ) will be healthy.

Super Bowl appearance possible like the 49ers this season. HTTR!

Edited by 98ORAKPO98
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Draft Chase Young number 2 overall. Resign Trent William's to a 4 year extension, Kerrigan to a 3 year extension, resign Flowers and Brantley. Sign free agents Cory Littleton, Anthony Harris, James Bradberry, Greg Olsen. 

Release Josh Norman and Paul Richardson.

Draft BPA with each of the rest of our draft picks with the hope that a good WR, and offensive guard is there for the taking.

Jonathan Allen, I believe will have his breakout season and become dominant playing for JDR, and will have an impact similar to Fletcher Cox has for the Eagles.

Hope that Reuben Foster, Derrius Guice, Bryce Love and Jordan Reed ( four potential stars ) will be healthy.

Super Bowl appearance possible like the 49ers this season. HTTR!

Kerrigan 3 year extension...?!?!? Bro did you watch any games...lol kerrigan got maybe 1 amd half more years but is nowhere near the same player and his declination is steeper than that of a t suggs....or james harrison

6 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Kerrigan 3 year extension...?!?!? Bro did you watch any games...lol kerrigan got maybe 1 amd half more years but is nowhere near the same player and his declination is steeper than that of a t suggs....or james harrison

I'd be open to signing Kerrigan to an extension...the money and how it's structured would matter more to me than the length. I agree that he's not the same guy he used to be, but he'd still be a good rotational guy to back up Young and Sweat at DE at the right price. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Kerrigan was injured some this season but he'll be ready to role next year, he was actually playing very well at the end of this past season until he got hurt.

https://www.redskins.com/video/highlight-stafford-sacked-by-ryan-kerrigan-17941686

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Actually, Young has the same motor and is more skilled but the question is will it translate at the next level?  Bosa did.  Why not Young?

6 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Kerrigan was injured some this season but he'll be ready to role next year, he was actually playing very well at the end of this past season until he got hurt.

https://www.redskins.com/video/highlight-stafford-sacked-by-ryan-kerrigan-17941686

Wait..huh..you mention that Kerrigan was playing well untill towards the end of the season and than attach a highlight from what looks like 2014?..or is that just a random clip to show what Kerrigan used to have?

Edited by bakedtater1

1 hour ago, arftech said:

Actually, Young has the same motor and is more skilled but the question is will it translate at the next level?  Bosa did.  Why not Young?

I wouldn't necessarily say Young is "more skilled", as both Bosas coming out were very good technicians. That's not to say Chase isn't...he relied more on pure athleticism his Sophomore year but showed IMO a big jump in his pass rush refinement and technique this past season to where I'd say he's comparable to the Bosas, especially with his hand use, though his overall pass rush technique and countermove arsenal may not be quite at their level. I think where Young comes in above both of the Bosas is in his bend and explosion. IMO he's more explosive than either Bosa and has a freakish ability to flip his hips and bend the edge at the top of his pass rush when going full speed for such a big guy. He reminds me of Garrett in that sense. 

I think it's possible that Young won't be AS dominant as Nick Bosa in his first year because he might not be quite as refined in his technique and countermoves, but I think his ceiling is even higher and his athletic freakishness will be an added boon to him. But I could be wrong. One thing Young has done consistently is get better and more refined over short periods of time. If he immediately takes well to NFL level coaching and is as focused and driven as he seems to be then he may very well be at least as dominant as Bosa has been this year. 

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wouldn't necessarily say Young is "more skilled", as both Bosas coming out were very good technicians. That's not to say Chase isn't...he relied more on pure athleticism his Sophomore year but showed IMO a big jump in his pass rush refinement and technique this past season to where I'd say he's comparable to the Bosas, especially with his hand use, though his overall pass rush technique and countermove arsenal may not be quite at their level. I think where Young comes in above both of the Bosas is in his bend and explosion. IMO he's more explosive than either Bosa and has a freakish ability to flip his hips and bend the edge at the top of his pass rush when going full speed for such a big guy. He reminds me of Garrett in that sense. 

I think it's possible that Young won't be AS dominant as Nick Bosa in his first year because he might not be quite as refined in his technique and countermoves, but I think his ceiling is even higher and his athletic freakishness will be an added boon to him. But I could be wrong. One thing Young has done consistently is get better and more refined over short periods of time. If he immediately takes well to NFL level coaching and is as focused and driven as he seems to be then he may very well be at least as dominant as Bosa has been this year. 

I agree....gonna be tough for any rookie to come out of college and match the impact Bosa has had in the league. I say this because I think the learning curve in the NFL is different for all rookies and Bosa seemed to get comfortable very quickly. I think that alone is gonna be tough for Chase Young to match let alone do better. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree....gonna be tough for any rookie to come out of college and match the impact Bosa has had in the league. I say this because I think the learning curve in the NFL is different for all rookies and Bosa seemed to get comfortable very quickly. I think that alone is gonna be tough for Chase Young to match let alone do better. 

Luckily we have one of the best DCs now. Look at what he did with Mack in his second year. Not saying Young is gonna have Bosa type impact but having JDR helps a lot with his development.

11 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

You can get younger, more production out of a rotational player than kerrigan...as a veteran leader ok yeah I can understand that...but i wouldnt sign him for 3 more years. Maybe after seeing him aligned in a 43 he suited better for anyways would he good for him but...2 year max. With a team option for 2nd year