Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Yet another mis-step from Chase "Dung" - I tried to warn you all , lazy , ****y, no heart, obv not the brightest bulb - had his sack output doubled by a true football player TJ Watt in ONE GAME.  I've tried to keep the door open to the possibility of his raw potential one day maturing but that bulb is dimming as quick as his press conference and interview prowess.  All you "OSU" fans never learn 

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

We are not turning our back because of what he said but his lack of performance on the field! If he had 10+ sacks right now, no one would care what he says. 

Is this a guy we are gonna give a 100 million dollar contract? Trade his a$$! Give me a guy who loves football!

No offense, y’all loved him when he was dominating and now that he’s struggling (and not even remotely to the level some here seem to declare), regardless of what he just said about money, some here have said some pretty horrendous, personal things about him. I thought I saw the worst of this fanbase during the RG3/Cousins debacle but this has really opened my eyes!

edit: case in point - the post directly above mine.

Edited by PartyPosse
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You gotta get yours while you can. I have no issue with him maximizing his earnings. Spending a couple hours a day a couple times a week shooting commercials isn't gonna be the difference between him being an All Pro and a scrub. Some of y'all boomers need to relax lolol you'd 100% do the exact same thing in his situation and if you say you wouldn't you're FoS.

This is whack, the response was given to a question concerning OTAs and his play on the field, which is garbage btw. 

Whether he meant it or not, it comes across like he said he'd rather be making money then coming OTAs to improve as a player. 

No, I would not of said that, and NFL superstars aren't most people, its uncomparable. 

• Like 3

You gotta get yours while you can. I have no issue with him maximizing his earnings. Spending a couple hours a day a couple times a week shooting commercials isn't gonna be the difference between him being an All Pro and a scrub. Some of y'all boomers need to relax lolol you'd 100% do the exact same thing in his situation and if you say you wouldn't you're FoS.

Attending OTA's can be the difference between an All Pro and just being a really good player.

Edited by daveakl
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No offense, y’all loved him when he was dominating and now that he’s struggling (and not even remotely to the level some here seem to declare), regardless of what he just said about money, some here have said some pretty horrendous, personal things about him. I thought I saw the worst of this fanbase during the RG3/Cousins debacle but this has really opened my eyes!

edit: case in point - the post directly above mine.

I actually was against drafting Chase. I saw his game against Clemson and thought he wasn’t of the caliber of the Bosa brothers. Those guys hustle on every play. Against Clemson I saw Chase make zero impact plays in the biggest game of his college career. 

If you think the fan base is awful for criticizing Chase after 1.5 years of football and really half a season of production then you can ignore us. 

Give me a guy who actually will put in the work to improve his game. The NFL is not for long especially if you aren’t getting better instead going to shoot commercials. 💩

• Like 3

My gut (and his former coaches at DeMatha who I've know my whole life) tell me that he loves football.  Like, really loves football.  Anybody who follows this team and thinks otherwise is a total clown in my opinion.

I'm as frustrated as every one of you by his on-field performance, but let's not forget how much worse it felt when ST21 was getting booted from rookie symposiums/arrested/skipping offseason-workouts/etc.  Even when all of that **** was going down, it was plain as day (to me at least) that he loved the game.

This kid deserves some time to mature as a professional athlete regardless of where he was drafted overall.  Imagine trying to realize your full-potential in an organization that doesn't even have a team name and has league/federal investigations pending 😅  Who even WANTS to be the face of all that?

Chase, Go GET that MONEY and bounce before your soul/talents get crushed into a fine powder and added to the 12-Gallon 18K Gold URN in Snyder's office that holds the ashes of all his player's careers.  And, Please take our friend Terry with you before it's too late. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

4 minutes ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

My gut (and his former coaches at DeMatha who I've know my whole life) tell me that he loves football.  Like, really loves football.  Anybody who follows this team and thinks otherwise is a total clown in my opinion.

I'm as frustrated as every one of you by his on-field performance, but let's not forget how much worse it felt when ST21 was getting booted from rookie symposiums/arrested/skipping offseason-workouts/etc.  Even when all of that **** was going down, it was plain as day (to me at least) that he loved the game.

This kid deserves some time to mature as a professional athlete regardless of where he was drafted overall.  Imagine trying to realize your full-potential in an organization that doesn't even have a team name and has league/federal investigations pending 😅  Who even WANTS to be the face of all that?

Chase, Go GET that MONEY and bounce before your soul/talents get crushed into a fine powder and added to the 12-Gallon 18K Gold URN in Snyder's office that holds the ashes of all his player's careers.  And, Please take our friend Terry with you before it's too late. 

Big difference between Taylor and Young..you knew when Taylor stepped on the field you were getting everything that he had..Chase not so much..The two aren't even in the same league as far as hustle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I feel bad for Chase..the money men got to him and said make it now son. Instead of maximizing his portfolio he seems to have sold himself short, or he figured out he didn't have the skill to compete. But that is today's way.....instant gratification. Hope he balls out the rest of the year and has the opportunity to get past the "stardom" phase.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its fine to criticize him for his on field performance. Lord knows I have. But he's allowed to maximize his earnings as a professional.

Not at the expense of his on field performance, obviously.  Come on man, this isnt rocket surgery.  As long as you handle your business on the field, no one cares.  But if your play falls off a cliff AND you're skipping OTAs and giving JV level quotes like this, it's totally fair to criticize him for it.  Double-edged sword.

• Like 4

Its fine to criticize him for his on field performance. Lord knows I have. But he's allowed to maximize his earnings as a professional.

Where is the real Warhead36? What have you done with him? (actually I just recognize the name, I'm not sure you were ever a good poster for sure, but prolific enough.)

4 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Yet another mis-step from Chase "Dung" - I tried to warn you all , lazy , ****y, no heart, obv not the brightest bulb - had his sack output doubled by a true football player TJ Watt in ONE GAME.  I've tried to keep the door open to the possibility of his raw potential one day maturing but that bulb is dimming as quick as his press conference and interview prowess.  All you "OSU" fans never learn 

Chase Dung.  New nickname, get it embossed on mocking signs held up at games. It's even funnier because his name is Chase so it's like he's..chasing...dung.  Got him!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just what you want to hear from your “team captain” during a 2-6 start.....**** you chase. 

Hey young fella (pardon the pun), it's time to stop talking and to start producing.  But if you must talk, some common sense with a dash of humility would go a long way.  You have been an utter embarrassment on the field this year and you have the overall look of a complete bust.  Stop embarrassing yourself more by talking like you are an elite football player, because right now you are not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how many endorsement opportunities he’ll have coming into this off-season with 1.5 sacks.

No one is saying you shouldn’t make money…. it’s just that you’ll make a lot more for longer if you’re producing results on the field. 

Where’s this lightning first-step quickness? How does someone just lose that?

28 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Hey young fella (pardon the pun), it's time to stop talking and to start producing.  But if you must talk, some common sense with a dash of humility would go a long way.  You have been an utter embarrassment on the field this year and you have the overall look of a complete bust.  Stop embarrassing yourself more by talking like you are an elite football player, because right now you are not.

He’s already said he was so close to busting through before the Atlanta game… just like Collins was saying they have almost figured it all out on Defense around the same time.

Can’t take them seriously any more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If he does not improve his on field performance then he won't be getting  endorsement opportunities for long.  He will earn far more by being a good defensive end in the long term than just cashing in on one good half season.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm alone in this but the quote that got me the most was the "haters" thing...it is said allot around the league by people who don't perform (Cousins did it). If you dare criticize the player...you are a "hater" and someone to be ignored. RR having to complain publicly just reinforces that he's a Arrington clone. These guys seem to have perfected the art of deflection (not a football either). The REAL Superstars talk with their play and CY is a mumbler to date

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger
  • Like 1

As much as I’m down on Chase and his prima donna persona, I’m still gonna root for the guy and the team. However I do think the rest of the season will be vital to change the fan bases perception of him. We will see how he reacts to it or if he will crawl into a bubble and ignore the criticism. He has got to know the fans are not w him right now. 

I wonder what the coaches were doing during the offseason as he clearly did not work on his game? By the way with some of you defending Chase saying he does love football, that’s not the case if a player isn’t constantly working at refining and improving his game. Sean Taylor did. He became so much a smarter, mature football player not just simply relying on his athletic talent. No doubt Chase is super talented but it’s obvious what he did last year he isn’t going to work. He simply can’t bull rush or speed rush grown man like he did in college.

It sounds like Ron addressed this slightly w Chase this week. We will see how he responds. Chase time to step up!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I doubt anyone disagrees with you that he should max out his pay while he's in the league.

Chase is having a disastrous sophomore season given the expectations the fans, coaches and media placed on him coming in as the DROY. Don't forget he and sweat were talking about breaking sack records so it's not like he shied away from those expectations.

And he's sucked. So the question is why? Everyone wants to figure out why he's had a barely average season when he was expected to be an All Pro. How can someone with all that talent do so little on the field? Immaturity is probably it. 

No chance Rivera hasn't told Chase to get his **** together privately and repeatedly before criticizing his play publicly. 

Read the tea leaves - Chase isn't performing, gets called out, gets asked why he's not performing and he basically says there is nothing wrong, everything is perfectly fine. Reeks of zero accountability or humility. All this from a captain of the team and a dude that the org sank a #2 pick on.

If Chase keeps thinking his **** doesn't stink, nothing will change. That's a massive issue.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It never ends. Can we get ANYTHING right?? God what a **** show.

The sad part is we all know what will happen. Either they overpay big time for an up and down player which will destroy their ability to build the roster or they let him go via trade or free agency and he absolutely blows up for another team.