Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jones panics and doesn't see the coverage well.  That's why he puts the ball up for grabs so much, plus he just doesn't have the arm to drill throws into coverage at the second level and win.  He's gotten his ass beaten up too much.  It's hurt his decision making capacity.

He's alright.  Like an Eli with wheels.  He was over drafted but he'll probably work out.  There has never been a moment where I've doubted that Haskins is better than him.  Haskins is a much bigger talent than him and has the potential to be a high end starter if we don't ruin him first.

What do you think of our O line situation?  That's my main fear this season as for Haskins.  We got some wildcards on the left side of the line.    I'd actually now post this off season rather have the Giants O line than ours. 

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What do you think of our O line situation?  That's my main fear this season as for Haskins.  We got some wildcards on the left side of the line.    I'd actually now post this off season rather have the Giants O line than ours. 

No question about that any more, I would rather have them too.  Zeitler is good, Solder is serviceable, Hernandez has talent, and then you add Andrew Thomas, Shane Lemieux, and Matt Peart to that group in one big draft.  Meanwhile we lose Trent and replace him with a wildcard.  Their line has far more talent on it now than ours does.  Flip their team situations and I think Haskins is well on his way to being a star for them, and Jones's career here would be in doubt.

TBF, I think our line has a mediocre ceiling and a very low floor.  It's similar to how I feel about our WRs and TEs group except they have more veterancy and less upside.  We don't have a similar level of promise there that we have in the McLaurin/Harmon/Sims trio, and it is worrisome that Scherff is playing on the tag.  I'm pretty sure for us to have a good season on offense, Haskins and Guice are going to have to step up big time and carry the line.

But I do think we can mitigate our weakness on the line via the scheme change and at least Saahdiq Charles is very talented.  Rouillier is solid, Ismael looks pretty good, and I always liked Pierschbacher as a workman-like option at one of the guard spots or center.  Martin might see a jump in play from having a year to catch his breath.  He might get lost in the scheme change though, since he is a power player with lesser mobility.  Moses is what counts for an old warhorse on our line and, unfortunately, we need him.  He's given us an average level of play the last three years and he's played hurt.  Lucas is about the same as him.  He's a jag but he's huge and should hopefully be enough of a roadblock to hold down the LT position until Charles is good enough to play it.  I feel alright about having him as the third tackle though, and that kind of insurance policy was nice to have back when we still had Nsekhe.  I also feel alright about having Schweitzer as a back up, especially if Martin struggles.  Scherff will hold down a guard spot, especially if we're playing meaningful games late in the season.  Then between Schweitzer, Rouillier, Ismael, and Pierschbacher, we should be able to field two reliable starters at the other IOL spots and not have to play more than one rookie on the line.

Last season was a ****show for the line, nobody played up to their ability level except Flowers, whose expectations were so low that mediocrity got him paid.  The group needs an infusion of young talent and Scherff needs to be signed long term, but none of that is going to happen before next offseason.  We should be better than last year though.  The depth is better and losing Trent won't be a shock since he never played.  And the scheme change should help and the coaching is probably going to be better.

According to Keim, Christian is going to get the first opportunity to start at LT. I’m actually intrigued by this as I think he’s a solid pass blocker but a terrible run blocker. However, now that it looks like our run game will be a more zone-based scheme and will involve a heavy amount of misdirection, I think he has a chance to overcome his light frame and lack of power to turn into a starting LT for us. 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That’s def McLaurin on the right

Yeah you're right, I've never seen him look so dour lol. 

He looks solid there damn.

Okay so it's the rookie WR trio from last year with Haskins, very cool. 

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That’s def McLaurin on the right

He looks shredded. He's about to destroy every DB in the league. I don't know how you honestly cover Terry? 4.3 speed, excellent route runner, led the league in contested catch % . What do you do?

I've read a lot of comparisons between Jones and Haskins. I don't find it relevant seeing that they don't play directly against each other. Jones' level of play compared to our defense' level of play is what I'm looking at. Last year's defense made him look all-world. If this defense is not improved it'll happen again. So in this regard, the defense better improve - not Haskins. They play against each other in two games. The rest of the games Jones plays in, I could give a **** how he plays as long they ****ing lose. If Haskins plays, leads like Alex and we're once again a winning organization, I'm good. But all in all, I think Haskins has some mamba in him. **** Jones bum ass.

9 hours ago, Die Hard said:

So Terry showed up in sandles? 😂

He's so freaking good that's the only way they can give the DBs a chance. Last practice, they tied his legs together and he still caught eight passes including a seventy yarder that he caught in his teeth while doing a backflip.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:41 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Jones was throwing against the Redskins’ 3rd string CBs in that Chase Young Bowl last year. 

There is no one I want to pound into the turf more than Daniel Jones and the ****ing Giants.

Opposing fans could have a field day with this pic 🤣 Anyway..... Im really rooting for Haskins to put it all together this season. Kid has a great arm and big frame reminds me of Rothlesburger not just cause of the number either. If he regresses though, its time to move on, can't make the mistake of sitting on a QB for years waiting for him to "develop" like we have done in the past. He has alot to prove this year including showing maturity

On 5/30/2020 at 11:15 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

No question about that any more, I would rather have them too.  Zeitler is good, Solder is serviceable, Hernandez has talent, and then you add Andrew Thomas, Shane Lemieux, and Matt Peart to that group in one big draft.  Meanwhile we lose Trent and replace him with a wildcard.  Their line has far more talent on it now than ours does.  Flip their team situations and I think Haskins is well on his way to being a star for them, and Jones's career here would be in doubt.

TBF, I think our line has a mediocre ceiling and a very low floor.  It's similar to how I feel about our WRs and TEs group except they have more veterancy and less upside.  We don't have a similar level of promise there that we have in the McLaurin/Harmon/Sims trio, and it is worrisome that Scherff is playing on the tag.  I'm pretty sure for us to have a good season on offense, Haskins and Guice are going to have to step up big time and carry the line.

But I do think we can mitigate our weakness on the line via the scheme change and at least Saahdiq Charles is very talented.  Rouillier is solid, Ismael looks pretty good, and I always liked Pierschbacher as a workman-like option at one of the guard spots or center.  Martin might see a jump in play from having a year to catch his breath.  He might get lost in the scheme change though, since he is a power player with lesser mobility.  Moses is what counts for an old warhorse on our line and, unfortunately, we need him.  He's given us an average level of play the last three years and he's played hurt.  Lucas is about the same as him.  He's a jag but he's huge and should hopefully be enough of a roadblock to hold down the LT position until Charles is good enough to play it.  I feel alright about having him as the third tackle though, and that kind of insurance policy was nice to have back when we still had Nsekhe.  I also feel alright about having Schweitzer as a back up, especially if Martin struggles.  Scherff will hold down a guard spot, especially if we're playing meaningful games late in the season.  Then between Schweitzer, Rouillier, Ismael, and Pierschbacher, we should be able to field two reliable starters at the other IOL spots and not have to play more than one rookie on the line.

Last season was a ****show for the line, nobody played up to their ability level except Flowers, whose expectations were so low that mediocrity got him paid.  The group needs an infusion of young talent and Scherff needs to be signed long term, but none of that is going to happen before next offseason.  We should be better than last year though.  The depth is better and losing Trent won't be a shock since he never played.  And the scheme change should help and the coaching is probably going to be better.

Nobody will mistake these guys for top tier talent, that's for sure. But they are hard workers. There is still an outside shot at signing a vet LT going into the season or during TC.

However I'm not as worried about teh OL as most. The OL coach Matsko has a history of making chicken salad out of chicken **** in Carolina, I'm sure he can whip these guys into serviceable shape. Plus I think with the rumblings from Turner on the type of offense they want to run, I think the overall goal is to minimize time these guys have to pass block by going with quick small passing sets, and all the misdirection/jet sweep stuff.

Remains to be seen if it will work, but I'm cautiously optimistic that things won't be a complete dumpster fire.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It was a good write up.  Bullock is generally high on Haskins.  It was interesting to read about Zampese and how he's good with fixing QB's footwork.  Especially after reading that detailed article, I think Haskins potential is sky high if Zampese can do his magic with him.

IMO one of Haskins' strengths is throwing in between the numbers.  IMO he's not as good at throwing out routes and I mentioned watching him in camp he really struggled with some out routes as to hitting receivers in stride in the flat.  Ditto during the season.

Bullock dived into that some. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.28.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.28.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.29.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.30.07 PM.png

On 5/30/2020 at 9:07 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Harmon the only one in that pic who did not get a hug from Haskins.

I sense some dissension in the QB-WR room

I dunno. None of those other guys look happy to get hugs so maybe hes actually happy about it

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It was a good write up.  Bullock is generally high on Haskins.  It was interesting to read about Zampese and how he's good with fixing QB's footwork.  Especially after reading that detailed article, I think Haskins potential is sky high if Zampese can do his magic with him.

For those without an Athletic subscription, it's worth it. Most of the writers are intelligent, rational, and informed...just ignore Jim Bowden and Grant Paulsen.

That being said I love Zampese's analysis--his work with Mayfield in 2018 and his performance in 2019 were night and day different. It give me great hope for Haskins.

Archived