Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

12 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The only thing toxic here is your opinion on Dwayne haskins and I believe I speak for everyone (including his detractors) when I say you should just keep it to yourself from now on.

It's well documented and nobody needs to hear it anymore.

There’s definitely some racial bias going on with him, looking at his overall post history. It’s the same group that calls Lamar a RB and Cam a team cancer.

19 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm actually impressed Haskins is working with Diggs, Chad Johnson, and AB....that's a wealth of information he can hopefully extract from them and use this season.

All notably ELITE route-runners as well. Like McLaurin, who he's also spent a lot of time throwing to. If there's anything that will help a guy practice his anticipation throws, leading to where a guy will be, it's throwing to multiple pro bowl and even All-Pro route-runners. 

11 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

All notably ELITE route-runners as well. Like McLaurin, who he's also spent a lot of time throwing to. If there's anything that will help a guy practice his anticipation throws, leading to where a guy will be, it's throwing to multiple pro bowl and even All-Pro route-runners. 

Not just that but all very outspoken and im sure wouldnt shy away from telling him hes ****ing up. Kid may get something out of this offseason yet. 

17 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'd actually like to see the raw numbers, not percentages.  Because to my memory, Callahan didn't have an offense going down field a lot, so I wonder how big the sample size is.

NOTE: I'm not questioning his accuracy or the WRs weren't winning.  Just whether there is a large enough sample size to actually draw any conclusions in any direction about his down field accuracy.  

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd actually like to see the raw numbers, not percentages.  Because to my memory, Callahan didn't have an offense going down field a lot, so I wonder how big the sample size is.

NOTE: I'm not questioning his accuracy or the WRs weren't winning.  Just whether there is a large enough sample size to actually draw any conclusions in any direction about his down field accuracy.  

He's likely getting his data from Sports Info Solutions and putting the Min attempts at 20.  I just looked it up myself:

2045039599_ScreenShot2020-05-28at10_34_01AM.thumb.png.ee20e54dedfe199be51137aaacf4b23a.png

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He's likely getting his data from Sports Info Solutions and putting the Min attempts at 20.  I just looked it up myself:

And 24 attempts is the second lowest of that group.  Which is about what I expected.

It's a very small sample size.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And 24 attempts is the second lowest of that group.  Which is about what I expected.

It's a very small sample size.  

It is.  But I think he was more focused on the discrepancy between accuracy and completion percentage in that tweet, rather than highlighting how accurate Dwayne was by itself.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Seems like a skewed statistic as our team was not good last season resulting in lots of negative plays. (Penalties, Losses, Sacks, etc)

How many of those throws were on 3rd and 10++ where Haskins was just throwing a prayer out there?

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

His hat falling off when the ball arrives makes it look like the pass is over his head because it falls off at almost the exact instant the ball gets there.  

But it actually is the hat and the pass was on the money.  

Thats funny I was wondering why he posted one of dude dropping the ball lmao 

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

It's good to see that Dwayne appears to be losing his boyish features and is starting to look like a man. Let's hope that it translates to his character also.

I'm still not completely sold on him, but am definitely more optimistic.

that’s not far from where I am, so I tend to agree. Definitely more optimistic over the last few weeks, plus I do like Kyle Allen as the extra fire in the background to keep things interesting.....

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It is.  But I think he was more focused on the discrepancy between accuracy and completion percentage in that tweet, rather than highlighting how accurate Dwayne was by itself.

Yeah, I get that, however that's also a really small sample size.  It's troubling, but based on 24 attempts, its' tough to say it's really a trend.  

The "on target" statistic is also very subjective.  It's possible the ball was on target, but late, which allowed the defender to close. 

My point is that from a sample size that small, it's tough to draw any conclusions.  

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

Seems like a skewed statistic as our team was not good last season resulting in lots of negative plays. (Penalties, Losses, Sacks, etc)

How many of those throws were on 3rd and 10++ where Haskins was just throwing a prayer out there?

Maybe, but if that's the case, due to the statistic, at least Haskins got the ball to where it was supposed to be, which is a good thing, right? And if you hit a reciever in the hands, he really should catch it.  This team HAS been plagued by drops.  I attribute it to just not holding players accountable and preparing well enough in practice going back, oh, about 6 years.  If you don't prepare well, and you don't have accountability, then you have mistakes.  It is what it is.  

I don't know if the statistic is skewed or not.  I just don't think there's enough of a sample to really judge.  

Still amazed by the post on the last page that tries to make it out as a bad thing that multiple star WR talents in the NFL want to go run routes with Haskins in the offseason. Truly speechless that AB being present was the one takeaway that schmuck had. 

Incredible what people will try to spin to fit their favored narrative.

22 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Its a fun little microcosm of American life in 2020. I say that knowing I would fault Tony Romo for opening an orphanage sooooooo

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Still amazed by the post on the last page that tries to make it out as a bad thing that multiple star WR talents in the NFL want to go run routes with Haskins in the offseason. Truly speechless that AB being present was the one takeaway that schmuck had. 

Its the offseason and everyone kinda works out with everyone. Even before Adrian Peterson got here, he'd work out with Trent Williams. I know Larry Fitzgerald had workouts with other WRs across the league for years as well.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

that’s not far from where I am, so I tend to agree. Definitely more optimistic over the last few weeks, plus I do like Kyle Allen as the extra fire in the background to keep things interesting.....

Agreed. I didn't really like the Allen signing to start with. a bit of a head-scratcher for me, but I get it now. He's a kind of non-threatening, threat and maybe that's been a factor in Haskins putting the work in. Whatever it was, I like what the young man is doing.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its the offseason and everyone kinda works out with everyone. Even before Adrian Peterson got here, he'd work out with Trent Williams. I know Larry Fitzgerald had workouts with other WRs across the league for years as well.

Yep. Certainly better to be accepted into that fraternity of NFL talent than not, though. 

I like the Orlovsky posts on Haskins.  And all the positive vibes about Haskins this off season is putting me in a really good mood about him and the season coming up.

Though I wish Orlovsky wasn't also selling Daniel Jones on twitter, too. 🤨  I hate the Giants. 

ovsky

Archived