Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Im telling you, the biggest advantage he has is that he understands what this organization is about, watched it chew up a few guys and IS NOT a fan. He wants to win, and now he has to drag us along with him lol. 

Good. Good. 

I am one of the people who thought we should tank and get one of the stud QBs next year. That being said, the biggest knock on Haskins is he only started 1 full year. Hypothetically speaking, if he stayed another year and put up similar stats to this year he would be considered just as good as the top QBs coming out next year - if not better. So, I’m warming up to this pick (especially since we still snagged Sweat!). Maybe, just maybe, we ended up with a true franchise QB. 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:25 AM, SkinsNoles21 said:

Welp thats it for me. I try to come back to Extremeskins but these takes are so bad it isnt worth arguing. I just leave. 

Did you just hate on us drafting Derrius Guice and Montaz Sweat lol? So bad.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I'm not hating on anything, But the reality is Darrius Guice has yet to play a single down of regular season football for us.

And it looks like the Redskins agree with me in drafting a running back in the 4th.....You were saying ?

44 minutes ago, SmallDaddy said:

I am one of the people who thought we should tank and get one of the stud QBs next year. That being said, the biggest knock on Haskins is he only started 1 full year. Hypothetically speaking, if he stayed another year and put up similar stats to this year he would be considered just as good as the top QBs coming out next year - if not better. So, I’m warming up to this pick (especially since we still snagged Sweat!). Maybe, just maybe, we ended up with a true franchise QB. 

This is very much right.

Both Murray and Haskins were graded relatively low because they are relatively light on experience.   Both would have been higher if they played another year in college and put up similar numbers.   In that case they would have improved in the areas inexperience has hurt them in the grading process.   Sam Darnold was a 7.0 draft grade on NFL.com having a slightly worse year in 2017 compared to 2016.   If Haskins had repeated that at OSU, having a slightly worse year, he enters next year's draft with above a 7.0 grade and is the No. 1 or No. 2 pick in the draft.   Obviously we take the burden of getting him experience now while not setting him back which is likely the thing that will help determine how well he ultimately does.   But he is a guy with upside if he can get that experience without the setbacks of taking a huge beating and changing him as a player.   I still don't love him, but here are his negatives as a prospect related to inexperience:

• Small list of successful QBs with so few career starts
  • Lacks in-game adversity challenges for an early round pick
  • Still learning to attack zone coverage
  • Baited into bad decisions on high-low reads
  • Needs to expedite his process in the face of pressure

All those largely go away with another season of seasoning under his belt.   Tua will come in with more game experience AND the athleticism to make him a very highly rated prospect obviously.   But Haskins would remove many of his flaws with more time and have been a much more highly rated player for it.   I can only hope he does develop on the positive path as that would make the  next 10 years a lot less frustrating :).

First this guy a pocket passer, not a runner. He actually reminds me a bit of Big Ben in how he steps around pressure in the pocket.

Realistically people have to realize if he put up any sort of similar stats in college again if he went back next here, with his measurables he would be a top 5 pick next season. But he came out this year.

Really his only knocks are he only played and put up godly numbers just one season, and he is very mobile

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Next year will be very interesting if Alex is 100% healthy and wants to play, depending on how this year plays out.

No it won't be, Haskins is already better then that version of Alex we had last year.  Alex never plays another regular season game for us, mark it.

5 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

First this guy a pocket passer, not a runner. He actually reminds me a bit of Big Ben in how he steps around pressure in the pocket.

Realistically people have to realize if he put up any sort of similar stats in college again if he went back next here, with his measurables he would be a top 5 pick next season. But he came out this year.

Really his only knocks are he only played and put up godly numbers just one season, and he is very mobile

People had the same fear about Mitch Trubisky. What are the odds that he honestly puts up total crud numbers after a 50TD / 8INT season? I'd say very slim

27 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

A little bit of RGMe part 2, this guy is already marketing himself. I see 4 years of potential drama and mediocrity in the crystal ball. 

There's nothing wrong with trying to make more money for yourself. He would be a FOOL not to and I'd be questioning his intelligence. NFL life is very short for players, and they should cash in while they can. 

47 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There's nothing wrong with trying to make more money for yourself. He would be a FOOL not to and I'd be questioning his intelligence. NFL life is very short for players, and they should cash in while they can. 

Look at what happened to Love when he returned. Went from a sure day one pick to a 4th rounder who people are calling a reach. 

1 hour ago, respectgibbs said:

A little bit of RGMe part 2, this guy is already marketing himself. I see 4 years of potential drama and mediocrity in the crystal ball. 

Eh i don't really see it that much. That being said, he does come off as coached on what to say. I don't want to say that he doesn't come off as genuine but it just seems really scripted and bland. 

He’s supposed to be coached on what to say. The media is part of the game and you all know that after Griffin and Kurt. Seriously some of y’all want to dislike him. Already. And all he did was get drafted below what he earned lol

The video TK posted above is pretty incredible. What better way to show your new players what this city is about than to take them downtown to see it first hand. And another thing that stood out to me is just how big those guys are. At the end they walk up the steps and both just look huge. Exciting times coming my Skins fan brothers and sisters. Exciting times indeed!

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Next year will be very interesting if Alex is 100% healthy and wants to play, depending on how this year plays out.

Alex is done in DC. He will be cut after the season when we can get out of his contract.

I'd really like to think the Redskins were setting this move up since January. Send Doug Williams to Duke bowl game, Russini used as a pawn, last minute news Snyder is running show.

Nothing for nothing, seems like a great draft and the team has a serious identity (Defense) and a new franchise QB. 

Just now, Bonez3 said:

I'd really like to think the Redskins were setting this move up since January. Send Doug Williams to senior bowl, Russini used as a pawn, last minute news Snyder is running show.

Nothing for nothing, seems like a great draft and the team has a serious identity (Defense) and a new franchise QB. 

Might be closer to truth than you know.   The Redskins were quite leaky back in the day, but have significantly tightened in recent years.   There are a lot of planned leaks.   And most of the leaks you see, like stuff from Russini, are fiction.   You know they are fiction at birth.   Hell, the team even had personnel separated during the draft so leaks couldn't occur, with leadership, middle management and coaches in different rooms.   They did that for a very simple reason.   No information coming out of the room making the choices was leaking and anything else was fiction.   And they are fine with people not realizing that.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:55 PM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Is this satire or is our front office really that clever 

It is often hard to calculate the difference between sheer dumb luck and skill. But given the current GM of the Giants

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You have to understand what Alex Smith is dealing with.  Not only is he highly unlikely to ever play football again, he's still got more surgeries with the hope of fully having function in it.  That infection was no joke.  They had to pull the rods out that were inside the middle of his bones, leaving cavities and instability that required a cage to be built around it for stability.  After this, they have to go back and re-implant those rods.  It would be a miracle if he ever plays again. 

5 hours ago, respectgibbs said:

A little bit of RGMe part 2, this guy is already marketing himself.

There's two ways to view this.  There's definitely your quote as a perspective.  Then the other side is that you get a guy more like Baker Mayfield and a vocal team leader that is nothing but 'Let's Go!' and has some energy.  I didn't like the Cousins type B psyche.  I'd rather have a QB who comes in and says that he's going to go make something happen and takes advantage of the situation that he's worked hard for.  You have to have some swag or you end up being another millennial.  I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Rosen un-followed the Cardinals after they drafted Murray.   

On 4/26/2019 at 12:55 AM, Alexa said:

50td only 8 picks in over 500 attempts, against top 25 defenses 6-0 20 td and 2nts.  are you looking at his tape? or do you have a personal grudge against him?

I know you didn’t look at his tape.

12 hours ago, SmallDaddy said:

We didn’t need to tank to get a better QB next year, but drafting Haskins is a good start on putting ourselves in position to pick 1st.

10 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

He’s nothing like Big Ben was. He wouldn’t be a top 5 QB next year, much less a top 5 pick.

4 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Let’s just remember this moment in NY Midgets fan history.

8A7DC690-2BB3-441D-AC01-9D6EA1D2EC0C.gif

Called it in January.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Unless you take Webster’s definition of interesting seriously. 

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

No it won't be, Haskins is already better then that version of Alex we had last year.  

That’s silly. 

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

People had the same fear about Mitch Trubisky.

Mitch stinks.

3 hours ago, Art said:

Might be closer to truth than you know.   The Redskins were quite leaky back in the day, but have significantly tightened in recent years.   There are a lot of planned leaks.   And most of the leaks you see, like stuff from Russini, are fiction.   You know they are fiction at birth.   Hell, the team even had personnel separated during the draft so leaks couldn't occur, with leadership, middle management and coaches in different rooms.   They did that for a very simple reason.   No information coming out of the room making the choices was leaking and anything else was fiction.   And they are fine with people not realizing that.

Imagine the leaks if Jones had gone to Bullis.

Archived