Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

40 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Nobody on the team needs to help him grow and move forward for ****s sake. He very well may eventually grow up and move forward but not a player or coach on that team is responsible for it at this point. He doesn't deserve another chance whether he gets one or not it certainly is not because he is owed one. 

Yeah, for real. They can’t hold his hand 24 hours a day. Here, let me try to help him grow... “Hey Dwayne, stop doing stupid ****!!”

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes they agreed blatant disregard for protocols can be subject to conduct detrimental to the team. Every player had the option to opt out and not play this year. They proactively agreed to the restrictions by reporting. Violating the rules twice with a coach who is high risk is beyond inexcusable. 

Having dealt extensively with unions for well over a decade, my question goes beyond mere fan snark. It would not surprise me if the NFLPA took a specific stance (if there was actually any negotiations). There have been numerous players who have broken COVID protocols...I'm not sure if any of them have been cut. Is it because teams just don't want to cut players over it or is there something else--obviously you don't know. I think Watson was one of recent players.

4 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Honestly, I think Leaf has matured at this point.  He spends much of his life talking about how horrible his behavior was, and how he destroyed his own career.  He is highly critical of himself for the stupid things he did, and that is why he is weighing on this.  He said Haskins behavior "is like looking in a mirror".

Didn’t Leaf have an issue just this year.

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Honestly, I think Leaf has matured at this point.  He spends much of his life talking about how horrible his behavior was, and how he destroyed his own career.  He is highly critical of himself for the stupid things he did, and that is why he is weighing on this.  He said Haskins behavior "is like looking in a mirror".

So all Dwayne has to do is get blackballed from the league, commit felony burglary and drug possession, and go to prison for breaking into a home to steal prescription drugs while on probation.

Almost there, young buck.

This is why Alex is such a massive part of this team. Clearly the team is going to rally around the guy who went through hell to get back on the field versus the guy who wishes he was Pacman Jones.

Stevemcqueen and I disagree on Haskins (on his ability to be a top flight QB), but he's one of the best posters on this board.  I love his opinions.  If you read earlier in this thread, you'd see that he was equally disappointed in Haskins for actions after the game due to the pandemic.  

36 minutes ago, method man said:

If they think Alex is good enough to go Sunday, I'd cut Dwayne. It sends the message to team about culture and I think they rally even harder behind Rivera to get the win on Sunday. Keep in mind that Heinecke knows the system from his Carolina days

Remember how fast Riverboat Ron cut Dunbar?  Now he has to be consistent and send another message to the team.  Clowns will not be kept on the roster.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Remember how fast Riverboat Ron cut Dunbar?  Now he has to be consistent and send another message to the team.  Clowns will not be kept on the roster.

We traded Dunbar.  

I think the issue is that cutting Haskins hurts the cap.  Its probably better to cut him after the season, unless I'm mistaken.  I'd suspend him.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Having dealt extensively with unions for well over a decade, my question goes beyond mere fan snark. It would not surprise me if the NFLPA took a specific stance (if there was actually any negotiations). There have been numerous players who have broken COVID protocols...I'm not sure if any of them have been cut. Is it because teams just don't want to cut players over it or is there something else--obviously you don't know. I think Watson was one of recent players.

Obviously I do know and spelled it out for you. You can be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team for violating covid protocols.  Suspension for conduct detrimental to the team can also void guarantees in a player contract.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/08/04/nfl-coronavirus-policy-could-mean-fine-suspension-players/5580837002/

4BA03502-582A-46DA-A097-F9C1440CC1A2.jpeg

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Hey you were the one to make the claim.  

No, you definitely made that claim.  You posted this:

On 10/19/2020 at 7:20 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have been hesitant to post my thoughts here as it's an uncomfortable topic. But since you brought it up there is no question race is playing a part in the reaction from certain fans. All you have to do is listen to the callers on that show. Most all are African American and most all come with the same take, it's that Dwayne has been treated unfairly despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary,  many have said if he were white it would be different.  It's fair to say if the roles` were reversed and Kyle was the first round pick who was benched after 11 starts and Dwayne was the undrafted QB who showed flashes next year they would have a completely different take on the 2 players.

I personally believe that is the wrong way to look at the situation. Dwayne has been given every chance to take this job, he has failed every way imaginable and his skin color has nothing to do with any of this.  

Why are you still trying to weasel out of that and say it was me who made that claim?

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Obviously I do know and spelled it out for you. You can be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team for violating covid protocols.  Suspension for conduct detrimental to the team can also void guarantees in a player contract.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/08/04/nfl-coronavirus-policy-could-mean-fine-suspension-players/5580837002/

I don't know if you realize this, but that doesn't answer my question. You told me twice what teams could do, but did not tell me what teams can NOT do, and why. That's what you don't  know. I don't know it, either, which is why I asked.

15 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

We didn't cut Dunbar.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it lol...

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I mentioned in the last Dallas gameday thread on Thanksgiving how much that game cheered me up upon learning the my father had contracted COVID. 

My father passed away last week. 

This **** is serious to me. **** this guy. I'm so sick of people like him. No concern for ANYONE but themselves. No understanding or concern about how their actions could impact someone else. Leaf is right. It's just utter ignorance. A complete slap in the face to anyone who's been suffering from this illness. 

I hope he gets cut today. I'll take Logan Thomas as QB over this bum, whether it costs us the playoffs or not. We're not winning a Super Bowl this year. We've already proven we're a team on the rise. Put someone else in there and cut his ass. Send a strong message. It will pay dividends down the road. 

So sorry for your loss, Dissident2.

24 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

I actually paid for my last lap dance a few years before camera phones were a thing...but back then a guy breaking out a camera in a titty bar was ASKING to get his ass kicked. If not by the bouncers, then by his buddies for creating incriminating evidence.

When did this change?

Hah.  Hadn't thought of that.  Far as I know , filming still isn't allowed, and it's pretty obvious when someone is using their phone to do so.  Anyway, his crew probably felt pretty safe and important and balling and everything, which is a thing I don't like about Dwayne.  Wants that glamorous lifestyle.  I get it, it's probably hard to turn down when you get paid like that.  If the play matches the lifestyle sure.  But at this point, he's basically just celebrating the fact that he has money from getting drafted high.  Zero pro accolades to brag about, but he can afford to dress up a bunch of girls in his jersey and buy out a club. Congratulations.

Might sound harsh and reaching a bit but #1 let's be real, that's what happened and #2 like a poster said above -about his dad- this **** is real and people are really dying.  And I'm sick and tired of the people pretending like it's not.  The people in the beginning who didn't care, and the people that are just tired of distancing and insist on partying.  **** them, it's selfish.  Forget the fact that half the team could be quarantined near the playoffs, a lot of people are literally dying because of behavior exactly like this and anyone who doesn't believe it can **** off too.  Benefit of the doubt has run out, it's been damn near a year, we're lucky we got a football season at all.

Selfish behavior but more importantly dangerous.  Dangerous to the team and LITERALLY PEOPLES LIVES.  These guys travel and smash faces with other guys who also travel to every edge of the country.  We're about to get paid 600 dollars to stay home more often and Dwayne ****ing Haskins hasn't been paid enough to go the **** home after the game?? 

Sorry for the rant, I'm actually mad.  **** this guy and any other millionaire that's living life like nothings going on while the rest of us struggle.  Especially a millionaire that sucks at what he does.  ****ty QB, ****ty person.   Bye bye.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I don't know if you realize this, but that doesn't answer my question. You told me twice what teams could do, but did not tell me what teams can NOT do, and why. That's what you don't  know. I don't know it, either, which is why I asked.

We didn't cut Dunbar.

You don’t realize you have a reading comprehension issue on this one. You can cut a player for any reason or no reason. Most standard player contracts contain a clause which voids guarantees for conduct detrimental to the team. By mutual agreement between the NFLPA and NFL, a player can be fined or suspended for violations of covid protocols that I linked to in the previous post. 

In this case, Washington can suspend Haskins for conduct detrimental to the team for his antics if more than 10 people were at the strip club. They can then seek to void the guarantees in his deal if he had standard voiding language and cut him. 

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

4BA03502-582A-46DA-A097-F9C1440CC1A2.jpeg

Who's been to a stripclub* with more than 10 strippers simultaneously dancing though?  What is this, Vegas?

* - Asking for a friend.  PM me, please.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

He put the team at risk, his head coach in potentially SERIOUS risk, and had he not been caught, he probably would have carried on like nothing happened and potentially exposed the entire team without telling anyone what he did. Judging by his earlier antics, he doesn't strike me as someone who would have approached the team after-the-fact and revealed himself to be the potential cause of the outbreak had that happened. SMH. Another handpicked QB from Daniel Snyder.

Not really taking a side in the DGF/McQueen feud, but race certainly does play a factor in this stuff.

We all know the history and plight of the black QB in the NFL historically, that's real.  I think naturally, some folks of all races, don't like to see a black QB being labeled, stereotyped, etc and may lean more towards the off-the-field stuff being crafted with an agenda vs. reality, because it's happened before.

That said, the majority of my black friends bailed from the Dwayne wagon long ago and I haven't heard a lick of the 'racism' angle.  It's never good to paint with a broad brush.

Here’s my thoughts on this situation: 

Ability-wise:

I think Dwayne has talent. He understands coverages better than most qbs we draft. He has an above average arm with a good spiral,  and a minor ability to move out of the pocket. Willing to put in work on his own to reshape his body, and wants to get better. He has a few intermediate throws he can make in his sleep, others he is more than often way off. Some passes, like dump off passes he has vastly improved upon, which gave me some hope that other negatives could be improved upon. Imo, he is not currently better than Alex, but there is a possibility of the unknown with him as opposed to Alex. Obviously I’m in a minority here. No point in going over more of this. 

Maturity-wise:

Clearly Dwayne is still a kid. Some grow up at a different paces. The negativity and or pressure that comes with being a qb in DC absolutely destroyed his confidence to the point he’s praying on the sidelines, and crying in post game press conferences. Desperate for a win to silence the critics, but oblivious to the reality that there will always be harsh critics around here. This thread alone is a prime example of what comes with being the lead dog. The pressure on qbs to succeed in dc rival kickers in Minnesota. Hell, the pressure in DC ran Jan Vesely out of the NBA, and he’s the reigning euro mvp. I think Dwayne is a decent kid that has made some poor/immature choices that are apropos for 20 year olds. Similar choices made by Rui Hachimura as recently as this past month have gone completely under the radar. Spotlight is bigger with this team. Often simple gaffes like taking a selfie with fans in a win is treated by the boards/local media with the same vitriol as the reprehensible acts of others like Guice/Rice/Vick. Though I am not writing the book out on him, I doubt he’s given another shot here. And that is understandable. But I hope he takes this lesson forward with him to understand the spotlight is always on when you reach these levels. I wish he could have taken more to Alex. Not everyone is wired the same. I’m certainly not the same person now that I was 10 years ago. Regardless, I have empathy for all, and feel badly for the young guy. 

Archived