Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

44 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You don’t realize you have a reading comprehension issue on this one. You can cut a player for any reason or no reason.

You know this as fact when it comes to COVID or you are assuming it's treated no differently than anything else? Do you know if it was addressed in any talks with the NFLPA? Are there issues if one player breaks protocols and is cut and another player also breaks protocols and is kept on the team? Any of this covered in the grievance process discussion? Is the reason no players have been cut after breaking COVID protocols is because teams don't see it as being worthy of releasing players over? Or are they trying to avoid the issue I just mentioned of cutting one player for breaking the protocols but not others? Or were teams notified about taking all measures in these situations except for cutting players? Is there a 3-strikes process in place, or a zero-tolerance policy? I mean, that last point is obviously not or else a bunch of players would have already been dropped from their teams. How much leeway do individual franchises have in actions taken against players who break protocol? Did the NFLPA try and gain some guarantees for those players who chose to take certain risks to keep the money train running for the owners? Or is opting out the only choice given to them?

Let me know if you need help comprehending what I just wrote.

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

They should revoke his captain status and make him change his jersey number as well as a fine and a suspension.  And that's going easy on him.

I believe in redemption.

All men are susceptible to human frailty but an act of penance done with contrition can be a spiritually cleansing experience.

With that in mind Haskins should be confined to a public square for a period lasting no less than eight hours during which he can be freely pelted with rotten tomatoes and fruit by season ticket holders, peasants, travelers, street urchins, passersby, and wayward miscreants.

After which all will be forgiven and he may proceed with the remainder of his life as if this unfortunate incident had never occurred.

The Washington Football Team disciplined quarterback Dwayne Haskins after it became aware of photos and videos that surfaced on social media showing him partying indoors while not wearing a mask following Sunday’s loss to the Seattle Seahawks, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The images showed Haskins dining with a large group at an Oceanaire Seafood Room restaurant and then dancing in what appeared to be a club.

Coach Ron Rivera spoke to Haskins on Monday after learning of the incident, and the team worked in conjunction with the NFL to handle the matter internally. It is not clear what Haskins’s punishment will be. The league declined to comment on the situation.

...Washington, according to the person with knowledge of the matter, has no plans to release Haskins. He was fined by the team in October, also for violating the coronavirus protocols, when he made a reservation for a family friend at the team’s hotel ahead of its game against the New York Giants.

It is unclear whether Washington’s disciplining of Haskins will affect his availability for Sunday’s game against Carolina. Behind him on the depth chart are journeyman Taylor Heinicke and undrafted rookie Steven Montez.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/22/dwayne-haskins-disciplined-washington-maskless/

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Didn’t Leaf have an issue just this year.

Arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery in Palm Springs in February.  Probably translates to he slapped his girlfriend around a bunch and it got loud enough for someone to call the cops.  No matter how many times he turns over, still not a new Leaf.

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You know this as fact when it comes to COVID or you are assuming it's treated no differently than anything else? Do you know if it was addressed in any talks with the NFLPA? Are there issues if one player breaks protocols and is cut and another player also breaks protocols and is kept on the team? Any of this covered in the grievance process discussion? Is the reason no players have been cut after breaking COVID protocols is because teams don't see it as being worthy of releasing players over? Or are they trying to avoid the issue I just mentioned of cutting one player for breaking the protocols but not others? Or were teams notified about taking all measures in these situations except for cutting players? Is there a 3-strikes process in place, or a zero-tolerance policy? I mean, that last point is obviously not or else a bunch of players would have already been dropped from their teams. How much leeway do individual franchises have in actions taken against players who break protocol? Did the NFLPA try and gain some guarantees for those players who chose to take certain risks to keep the money train running for the owners? Or is opting out the only choice given to them?

Let me know if you need help comprehending what I just wrote.

Are you suffering  from traumatic brain injury? I have spelled it out for you 3 times. I provided you a link to the article and posted a screen shot of the activities that fall into the conduct detrimental category under covid. It was by mutual agreement between the NFLPA and NFL.  

There is no obligation to ever a cut a player. Any team can cut any player whenever they choose regardless of the covid violations or anything else. It’s simply a matter of the contract obligations that remain. 

If you’re still confused use google. I’m done explaining to you. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, hawgboy said:

I actually paid for my last lap dance a few years before camera phones were a thing...but back then a guy breaking out a camera in a titty bar was ASKING to get his ass kicked. If not by the bouncers, then by his buddies for creating incriminating evidence.

When did this change?

I'm not saying I’m old but when I last went to a strip club they had a phone you had to crank and the operator would place the call. 

If you wanted to take an indoor picture of one of the “ladies” that was arranged with the financial consent of “management” and done in a back room (gratuity mandatory) but you needed to bring a contraption like this with you...

image.png.d72eb408cc28f8490d4b3fb4774d7733.png

“Would you mind grabbing your ankles for me Miss?”

28 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I believe in redemption.

All men are susceptible to human frailty but an act of penance done with contrition can be a spiritually cleansing experience.

With that in mind Haskins should be confined to a public square for a period lasting no less than eight hours during which he can be freely pelted with rotten tomatoes and fruit by season ticket holders, peasants, travelers, street urchins, passersby, and wayward miscreants.

After which all will be forgiven and he may proceed with the remainder of his life as if this unfortunate incident had never occurred.

You know, tomorrow is Festivus. It would be appropriate for the airing of grievances. 

28 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

As long as said pelters are wearing masks and standing a good social distance away from their intended target. 

How in the hell did this pass the pre-draft screening by the team? There seems to be something shady in Haskins' past before he came to Bullis.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/04/heres-the-strange-conversation-i-had-with-dawyne-haskins-father-before-he-hung-up-on-me.html

Me: Perfect. I like that. I think we can figure out some middle ground if you give me some names.

Haskins Sr: OK, but at the end of the day, I want you to know: It’s about his family integrity and my core values. Everyone has to match up with that for me.

Me: I understand that. I didn’t call anybody I don’t trust.

Haskins Sr.: That’s the issue right there. It’s who I trust. Those names you took the liberty to call are not part of my inner circle. They do not know my values. You are basing it off your position, but you have to consider mine.

Me: That’s why I circled back.

After confirming the lede anecdote in the main story linked above, Haskins Sr. determined there was no middle ground and hung up the phone. I called back, left a message and sent another text. No replies.

In the days that followed, a Bullis School communications official did not reply to three phone messages and an email looking to confirm information reported elsewhere and Cilento did not return multiple messages.

Somerville United president Phil Doman — who coached Haskins in eighth grade — said he would talk with the Haskins’ family’s permission. He never called back and did not answer a second call.

21 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If it's internal discipline, almost has to be a fine and no suspension, IMO.  And if that's the case, probably doesn't bode well for Alex Smith playing. They basically can't afford to have Haskins not available.  

Washington is making Smith available to media tomorrow, so that’s probably a good sign for him starting this weekend. Rivera won’t start haskins after what he did, and i bet all smith needed was a week to heal and now he’ll be good to go 

Sally Jenkins 

"Quarterbacks must be the NFL’s adults, and Dwayne Haskins is acting like a child"

Dec. 22, 2020 at 5:46 p.m. EST

As of now Dwayne Haskins is not grown up enough to be an NFL quarterback. While his more adult colleagues on the Washington football club chase a spot in the playoffs, he has acted like a stomach-achy juvenile who is more interested in dessert than dinner. It will likely spell the end of his time with the franchise. NFL teams don’t do child care.

All that Washington asked from Haskins this week was a little bit of dependability — just don’t hurt the team. He couldn’t deliver, on or off the field.

Playing in place of the redoubtable but injured Alex Smith, he made the same familiar mistakes, which suggested he spent his weeks of inactivity in a princely pout over being benched rather than deepening his knowledge of the offense. Then, after his largely poor performance in a 20-15 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, throwing two stare-down interceptions, he treated himself to a maskless social outing, thereby risking the health of his teammates and coaches and jeopardizing everything they’ve worked for, and got caught on Instagram.

One conclusion to be drawn from all of this is that the Washington coaching staff was entirely right to demote him to third string in the first place. Ron Rivera needed just four games to decide his team was better off with this lax, silly kid in street clothes, even though its only available quarterbacks were the undrafted Kyle Allen and Smith, who hadn’t played since 2018.

Haskins is now very close to being a total bust. And there is no sugarcoating that. It does him no favors to soften the truth because he’s only 23 and was a first-round pick. The Eagles’ Jalen Hurts is just 22. This is a league that discards one flashy kid for another fast.

Haskins issued a statement in which he claimed “full accountability for putting the team at risk. It was irresponsible and immature of me. … I will learn and grow from this and do what’s best for the team moving forward.” But when has Haskins showed any sign of learning anything in these past two years? In fact, he appears utterly learning-averse. This was his second coronavirus protocol violation of the season. On or off the field, he’s not appreciably more responsible than he was as a rookie, when he failed to show up for the final snap of a win against the Detroit Lions because he was too busy taking giddy selfies with fans.

The first thing an NFL quarterback has to be is dependable. When he’s not, when he’s uneven and untrustworthy, every single effort around him is compromised. To be frank, the guess here is that if Washington didn’t need another healthy quarterback on the roster, with a chance to clinch the NFC East against Carolina on Sunday, Haskins would be cut right now.

Haskins simply doesn’t seem to understand what’s required to play his position. He was drafted too early, after starting just 14 games at Ohio State, and he shows about the same judgment as a college sophomore. That brings to mind something Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski said a few years back about teaching responsibility to kids.

“We have one rule: Don’t do anything that is detrimental to yourself because, if you do something that is detrimental to yourself, you will be doing something that is detrimental to the team,” he said. “You are telling the kid that everything you do has a bearing on this group. That’s what I tell them: ‘Greg, if you’re an idiot in a restaurant, all of us are being idiots.’ … You are a part something that is bigger than you. If you want to be a part of this and you are weak in a crucial moment, then we are all going to be weak.”

A good NFL quarterback doesn’t act like an idiot in restaurants and he isn’t weak in crucial moments, especially with a division title on the line. Rather, he sets the habits and tempo of the entire outfit by stacking bricks of hard work on top of good choices. He is the ultimate grown-up of the team, not its biggest problem child. If Haskins understood any of this, he wouldn’t have gone maskless nightclubbing this week of all weeks, jacked with men’s livelihoods and careers, their playoff chances and bonus clauses.

Waste other people’s efforts enough with juvenility, and they will turn on you. Haskins is on the verge of making himself unemployable. Washington is in a promising rebuild, and before it lets Haskins undermine the values and commitment of the entire organization again, the team will think hard about getting rid of him. And he may well find it hard to get back on a football field with another team.

The NFL is a judgmental and unforgiving league when it comes to failed quarterbacks and wasted draft picks. As Tom Brady told Peyton Manning this season in an interview on “Peyton’s Places” for ESPN, “Listen here: I don’t give a s--- if you’re a first-round pick. I was 199. If you get a chance to be on the field, don’t mess it up, because you may never get a second one.” Haskins is out of chances to mess up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/22/dwayne-haskins-club-photo/

well, if he's not done now McLauren and Young need to grab his ass and start getting his head in the right place.  Young actually credited him with giving him some useful advice early in the season, so hopefully he's open to getting it too

43 minutes ago, carex said:

well, if he's not done now McLauren and Young need to grab his ass and start getting his head in the right place. 

Nope, not if Haskins contracted Covid.  If the protocols aren't made up, then he'd be on a Covid list until he tests negative a few days after the exposure.  Sunday night exposure puts that testing time frame between Friday and Tuesday.  He could still play on Sunday, with a negative test on Friday, but he would have missed the full weeks of practices, film sessions, etc except for whatever he could do virtually.

I don't know how the NFL actually follows Covid stuff, it seems a little wishy-washy from team to team and each instance.  For all I know they could test him before the incubation period even occurs and declare him "all good" only to find out he had a positive test a few days later.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Washington has indicated they have no plans to release him.

However he may be suspended up to 4 games, or levied a fine of up to 1 week's salary

Great!  We're so fortunate to get Make it Rain Dwayne back in time for the NFC Divisional Round!

NFL-Divisional.png

Chase Young recently asked himself, “What would Kobe do?”

Then he decided he needed to practice harder, study harder, and play harder.

I suggest that as you struggle through the trials and tribulations of life and inevitably find yourself with a difficult decision to make that you ask yourself one simple question: What would Haskins do?

Then do the exact opposite and you almost certainly will have made the right choice.

22 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Nope, not if Haskins contracted Covid.  If the protocols aren't made up, then he'd be on a Covid list until he tests negative a few days after the exposure.  Sunday night exposure puts that testing time frame between Friday and Tuesday.  He could still play on Sunday, with a negative test on Friday, but he would have missed the full weeks of practices, film sessions, etc except for whatever he could do virtually.

I don't know how the NFL actually follows Covid stuff, it seems a little wishy-washy from team to team and each instance.  For all I know they could test him before the incubation period even occurs and declare him "all good" only to find out he had a positive test a few days later.

I'm talking about post season

Archived