Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

18 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

I totally agree - what sort of makes sense to me tho is RG3 was largely responsible for one of the most (if not THE most) magical seasons in my adult life (at 41 years of age).  And it was a super fun exciting brand of football.  Haskins came in with low energy, rolled his eyes at being drafted, acted like an entitled little brat and then laid a smelly egg on and off the field - I dont see any reason why anyone would get behind this pathetic loser

It’s pretty obvious. Us vs them mentality. I won’t elaborate more than that. 

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Can Dwayne even play this weekend after breaking COVID protocols?

I would think, between...

- NFL Covid Protocol

- Team disciplinary action, and

- Poor on-field performance

- Playoff hopes on the line

- Alex close to 100%

the chances of him playing are super slim.

The only way I see him playing, is if all of these happen...

- by some loophole, the league doesn't restrict him

- Alex clearly can't play

- The team clearly feels even with a risky Haskins, he gives them a better chance to win, than untested Henicke or Montez

24 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I didnt even think about the lag time of the virus, I guess you would have to wait until Friday to test him and get a negative result from that test before you let him around the rest of the team.  That means he misses the entire week of practice.

Lag time can be up to 2 weeks. He can test neg, Fri, test pos next week.

Having him near the team at any point in the next 2 weeks is a calculated risk.

49 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We need to suspend him. The players are probably pissed off at him, they want to go to the playoffs. The team needs to act like a professional organization and do what's right.

If we have to go in this week with Steven Montez and someone else then this is on Haskins. The players on the team will each understand and say to themselves after seeing Dwayne get a suspension "****, I dont want to be the guy that ruins the season for us." 

100% agree. Last thing the players needed was a distraction. For the fans as well. We finally have a possibility of clinching the division and he ruins the mood. We should all be more pumped up this week, but instead we are pissed off about this. We get very few good weeks as fans of this team. This was supposed to be one. 

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Lag time can be up to 2 weeks. He can test neg, Fri, test pos next week.

Having him near the team at any point in the next 2 weeks is a calculated risk.

I’d argue that having him near the team would be a reckless and unnecessary risk.

Covid list him now and keep him there as long as possible. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

100% agree. Last thing the players needed was a distraction. For the fans as well. We finally have a possibility of clinching the division and he ruins the mood. We should all be more pumped up this week, but instead we are pissed off about this. We get very few good weeks as fans of this team. This was supposed to be one. 

I wish the players would say something. Then even the irrational idiots defending this would have no way to respond. 

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I wish the players would say something. Then even the irrational idiots defending this would have no way to respond. 

I’m glad they aren’t.

That is a sign of the culture that Rivera is created to keep things as in house as possible.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I understand we’re in a playoff push, but Haskins really shouldn’t be around the team.

Maybe it’s not even a suspension. Maybe it’s Covid list. But with a large incubation period his selfish behavior means that the team could be exposed to Covid heading in to week 17/playoff week 1. 

Yes, we need a win. 

But Haskins isn’t the key to that. Keeping Haskins distanced and hoping Smith is healthy or a Steven Montez can use his legs to help us is a better option if we even want to have a playoff run.

Its not likely Haskins contracted the virus, but his reckless decision endangered the team.

Having said that, are we sure the Heineken and the other Sweat are a downgrade? They could be. But who knows. 

Like I mentioned a few posts above, I totally agree but I would even take it a step further than what you said: we really can't say it was "unlikely" that he contracted the virus. Maskless in a confined space among a bunch of other maskless strangers? We have no more reason to believe that he wasn't exposed than that he was exposed.

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm ready for the Manics of Montez to start already.  Get it done, give him the first team reps this week and not look back. 

I'm honestly more curious to see what Montez can do. I wish we had a preseason for him to get some live reps, or that Haskins was benched say before he started looking good against Seattle so that Montez could have gotten some live reps. Now its like his first action will be so meaningful so it increases the pressure on him. I have no hype for the other guy (who I thought was supposed to be a COVID-QB, meaning staying away from the team and is just there in case something like this happens and all our QBs get COVID). 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm honestly more curious to see what Montez can do. I wish we had a preseason for him to get some live reps, or that Haskins was benched say before he started looking good against Seattle so that Montez could have gotten some live reps. Now its like his first action will be so meaningful so it increases the pressure on him. I have no hype for the other guy (who I thought was supposed to be a COVID-QB, meaning staying away from the team and is just there in case something like this happens and all our QBs get COVID). 

Agreed although I have a smidgeon of doubt about maturity with Montez too after his own social media snafu this week (albeit I did think it was pretty funny 😂)

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Like I mentioned a few posts above, I totally agree but I would even take it a step further than what you said: we really can't say it was "unlikely" that he contracted the virus. Maskless in a confined space among a bunch of other maskless strangers? We have no more reason to believe that he wasn't exposed than that he was exposed.

Just playing the percentages when I say “unlikely”. 

The risk is real regardless. I agree with you.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Do we know that they're strangers? My assumption is that these are pretty close friends and (in Haskins mind) he did everything "by the book" even though the optics look bad. It seems like he's hanging with his girlfriend and 7 or 8 of their (her) friends. Assuming she hangs with them regularly (not something many people are doing but its not uncommon. I see guys playing basketball every day and want to be the old man who says to them "don't you realize we're living through a pandemic"). 

That said I just can't get over how naive this decision is. Its not like I think he's a guy of pure evil but it makes me really question his decision making in the grand scheme. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, assuming that he had a different style of studying, that the COVID shutting down facilities and just about everything outside of our own homes made different people adapt differently, that even his playing style was based on him learning from Alex. But this is just so naive and risky that I can't and don't even want to try to excuse it. 

I remember when I was a kid and I made a lot of mistakes, somebody told me "man you are a smart dude, maybe the smartest dude in this class, but you aint got no common sense." And that's what I'm thinking about Haskins right now. Its the common sense element of all these mistakes that seems to be the common denominator. And if he doesn't get some common sense soon its not going to matter if he puts up Tom Brady numbers because he'll be a cancer and a toxic person to be around, and even a toxic person to talk about or defend. 

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Do we know that they're strangers? My assumption is that these are pretty close friends and (in Haskins mind) he did everything "by the book" even though the optics look bad. It seems like he's hanging with his girlfriend and 7 or 8 of their (her) friends. Assuming she hangs with them regularly (not something many people are doing but its not uncommon.

Well I was thinking more the stripper whose ass was in his face lol + also I read somewhere (maybe Reddit?) that those were his gf's girls but that they flew in for the birthday weekend. So effectively strangers from an exposure risk standpoint in that they were coming from out of town.

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Agreed although I have a smidgeon of doubt about maturity with Montez too after his own social media snafu this week (albeit I did think it was pretty funny 😂)

I mean, I've seen much worse on Twitter. He didn't respond or say anything bad. It could have just been a reaction, heck it could have been a mistake where he was just trying to read the replies and mistakenly hit like (does he still like it?). I know that happens to me ALL THE TIME. I'm actually glad Twitter made it harder to retweet because I retweeted articles and images that I was just trying to click on for more info. 

But assuming that Montez did want to like the post, I don't even blame him. It was just such a bizarre thing to be forced to talk about and for him, he'll have to accept Haskins back in the locker room and defend this guy's naive actions like it deserves defense. Yeah I can understand that. 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Do we know that they're strangers? My assumption is that these are pretty close friends and (in Haskins mind) he did everything "by the book" even though the optics look bad. It seems like he's hanging with his girlfriend and 7 or 8 of their (her) friends. Assuming she hangs with them regularly (not something many people are doing but its not uncommon. I see guys playing basketball every day and want to be the old man who says to them "don't you realize we're living through a pandemic"). 

That said I just can't get over how naive this decision is. Its not like I think he's a guy of pure evil but it makes me really question his decision making in the grand scheme. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, assuming that he had a different style of studying, that the COVID shutting down facilities and just about everything outside of our own homes made different people adapt differently, that even his playing style was based on him learning from Alex. But this is just so naive and risky that I can't and don't even want to try to excuse it. 

I remember when I was a kid and I made a lot of mistakes, somebody told me "man you are a smart dude, maybe the smartest dude in this class, but you aint got no common sense." And that's what I'm thinking about Haskins right now. Its the common sense element of all these mistakes that seems to be the common denominator. And if he doesn't get some common sense soon its not going to matter if he puts up Tom Brady numbers because he'll be a cancer and a toxic person to be around, and even a toxic person to talk about or defend. 

I think it's fair to conclude that the people in that picture were behaving this way throughout, it's very well known now that one of the largest reasons for spread is social gatherings with family and friends.  So knowing them changes nothing, the risk is there but if we are being honest it's a very low risk that he was actually exposed.

But of course that's not the point.  As it's not his first COVID violation and it just speaks volumes about the person Dwayne Haskins continues to be.  

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Well I was thinking more the stripper whose ass was in his face lol + also I read somewhere (maybe Reddit?) that those were his gf's girls but that they flew in for the birthday weekend. So effectively strangers from an exposure risk standpoint in that they were coming from out of town.

OK, its interesting because I was reading the reddit threads on this but I thought I'd just stay centered here because they were stuck on 35-40 posts. But I guess that was a few days ago now and this story has probably blown up since its confirmed that its Haskins. 

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m glad they aren’t.

That is a sign of the culture that Rivera is created to keep things as in house as possible.

They don’t need offer it but I’d like to see them be asked and not let him off the hook. He risked wrecking the whole season.  I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of anger on their face when asked. 

55 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

From Bill Walsh's Finding the Winning Edge (which almost every coach, like BB, considers to be their Bible):

"Maintain whatever policies that have been established. For example, a firm stance must be taken with any disciplinary action. Any fine system that is in place must be enforced. Exceptions should not be made. If you begin making allowances for the behavior of certain players, you run the very real risk of having everyone else consider the system to be a fraud." 

Knowing Ron, I'm going to assume any leniency granted to be the result of direct meddling from DS.

The counter to this philosophy is Jimmy Johnson’s “treat everybody differently.”

The story is Jimmy cut a QB when he fell asleep in a meeting room.  Somebody asked him what he would do if Troy fell asleep and Jimmy said, “Wake him up.”

There are AWAYS allowances for circumstance and situation.  

Here’s the situation: if Alex is not ready to go, Haskins probably is still your best bet at winning the division.  And it would be somewhat unfair to Young, Sweat, Allen, Payne, Moses, Scherff etc. to cut or suspend Haskins in that situation and give the team a lesser chance to win the division. 

You can still cut him after the season.  

Of course, with covid protocols, he might not be able to be around the team anyway, so it could all be a moot point.  He might have taken the decision out of their hands.  

But I am not one to cut off my nose to spite my face.  If he can help, given this situation, then I would let him help, then I’d release him or trade him as soon as the season was over. 

And while there are some what want to say Haskins is as incompetent on the field as a 6th grader, so clearly Montez or the other guy would be better, that’s just not true. I guarantee you if Ron could be done with Haskins he would be and he would have turned to one of those guys already if he thought they could help the team win.  This is not the Bruce/Jay Skins.  If Ron thought he could get Montez to play well enough to win, he might have played last week.  

It's hard for me to imagine Smith not playing Sunday.

2 weeks ago, they said they held him out of the 2nd half, simply out of precautionary measures.

And that he could have returned in that game , if something happened to Dwayne.

Well...something has happened to Dwayne...

and it's 2 games later...

so Smith must be in much better condition, than the "precautionary condition" he was 2 games ago.

What's the higher risk to missing the playoffs ?

Playing Dwayne ?

Or a less than 100% Smith.

I'd go with Smith even if he's less than 100%

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I mean, I've seen much worse on Twitter. He didn't respond or say anything bad. It could have just been a reaction, heck it could have been a mistake where he was just trying to read the replies and mistakenly hit like (does he still like it?). I know that happens to me ALL THE TIME. I'm actually glad Twitter made it harder to retweet because I retweeted articles and images that I was just trying to click on for more info. 

But assuming that Montez did want to like the post, I don't even blame him. It was just such a bizarre thing to be forced to talk about and for him, he'll have to accept Haskins back in the locker room and defend this guy's naive actions like it deserves defense. Yeah I can understand that. 

Yeah it's not a cardinal sin by any means, but if he did mean to do it then that does raise a red flag for me. Bc it's like why make that decision? lol There is zero upside and only downside, and on some level you gotta know it's wrong. With a QB especially you gotta look at decision-making between the ears, which was my biggest criticism of Dwayne. So if he's a young, unproven QB making bad decisions and being a knucklehead, I start to wonder.

But yes, it's certainly not so bad that I don't give him a chance to show what he's got.  

Archived