Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

16 minutes ago, Alexa said:

That's a possibility. EB has certainly paid his dues. I would love for him to be our next HC. The thing is whomever comes here is going to have to agree to coach Haskins. It's the same crap when Gruden was hired. I just don't agree with that. 

I see what you mean about coaching a QB already in place. 

However McVay went to the Rams with Goff who was labeled a #1 bust and figured out how to make it work.

You never know how well a QB can work with a coach until it happens.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

Also, it’s not like Haskins is a complete disaster of a pick.  He’s got a lot to learn, but he’s got skills and intelligence.  

And finally, the Cards have paved the way for trading a first rounder from the previous year and picking another one. Now, Haskins is Dan’s guy, but if Tua is available, Dan might be willing to divorce Dwayne and marry Tua.... (as an example.)

What about Hue Jackson?

Gotta history here.

I’m sure he would be willing to work with Danny and Brucey. 

And he would be awesomely arrogant with the media after winning his first game (probably year 3).

Come on, let’s add some fuel to this dumpster fire, baby!

Everything Snyder touches dies.

I really think there is no hope as long as he’s the owner.

We’ll have the random decent year because it’s impossible not to in the NFL, but then we will quickly circle the drain once again.

I hope I’m proven wrong, but we got 27 years of evidence at this point. 

1 hour ago, Redd said:

I wouldn't want Bowles as the head coach.  He seemed pretty terrible up in New York.  Defensive coach works though.  A huge upgrade over Manusky.

The draw with Bowles is he played here.  I think that's about it, though.

I guess I am just not enthusiastic about any coach at this point because the front office will not set the new guy up to succeed.

31 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well, in reference to Bowles being terrible in New York ya'll have to remember that Belichick was terrible in Cleveland. 

I think we ALL know deep inside that Belichick would have failed here....

haha so depressing!

6 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I love Gibbs but I want a real consulting firm with a reputation in the current time for identifying coaches and FO people.  

That makes too much sense for this joke organization and this owner.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just don't care.  I really don't.

Proven coaches (Marty, Shanny, Gibbs) have coached here with mixed (AT BEST) results.  Coordinators who are in their first coaching jobs (Zorn, Gruden) haven't been able to step up.  We hired one goofball college coach, that didn't work out...but honestly, I'm not interested in anyone from the college ranks.

So...whatever.  That's the ****ing thing with this franchise, the faces change, the results stay the same.

There are two faces here that need to change before true change can be had and that's Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  Hand wringing about who the next coach is going to be is re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

Lol give Jay a little bit of credit and don't lump him in with Zorn. Not only was Zorn a complete embarrassment, he was never even coordinator before getting the head coaching job.

Although, now that I think about it, might be hard to even get a mediocre QB coach to take this job now.

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Although, now that I think about it, might be hard to even get a mediocre QB coach to take this job now.

I know. We just can't assume KOC will want to stay here. If he's as smart as so many say, he'll play the long game and go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Everything Snyder touches dies.

I really think there is no hope as long as he’s the owner.

We’ll have the random decent year because it’s impossible not to in the NFL, but then we will quickly circle the drain once again.

I hope I’m proven wrong, but we got 27 years of evidence at this point. 

You come from the future!

So how does it turn out?

Do we end up going with Eric (Sleeping With) Bienemy as Dan's 9th head coach?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2836257-an-early-look-at-nfls-next-wave-of-head-coaching-candidates.amp.html

An interesting read.  Some impressive names and resumes.  Was particularly impressed with the write up for bienemy.

Coach Bieniemy brings a fierce, aggressive mentality to the offense," tight end Travis Kelce said. "Kind of a gritty, punch-you-in-the-mouth-type of mindset, and I think that has rubbed off on everybody, from Pat [Mahomes] throwing the ball aggressively downfield. The play calling is a little bit more aggressive and, sure enough, everybody getting the ball has been a north runner."

I love him—he's the best coach that I've ever been around," fullback Anthony Sherman said, per Yahoo Sports' Terez Paylor. "He believes in you, and it helps you believe in yourself, and he’s not a bulls----er—he's straight-forward. He’s going to tell you how it is, like it or not."

Man, we could use a leader like that.  Unfortunately, we aren't going to have mahomes, kelce, Watkins and hill coming with him.

I also am intrigued by Richard and eberflus.

That being said, I echo the thoughts of the many that no coach will succeed here without major changes at the top.

Side note - As I read this stuff, I find it interesting, but I also don't feel any urgency or inclination one way or another like I used to.  During all the other coaching searches, I had a somewhat strong rooting interest that they would choose a specific candidate or two.  I'd be really bummed if they went in another direction.  I was emotionally involved.  Now, nothing like that, I'm emotionally detached.  Feels strange.

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

My bad -- 20. 

I'm sure ownership years 21-27 are when things are going to finally click for Danny boy.

He'll nah, you might as well of broke a 10ft. mirror on the 50 yard line of fed ex.  

5 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

Head coach: Daffy Duck

Offensive Coordinator: Wile E Coyote

Defensive Coordinator: Yosemite Sam

GM: Bugs Bunny

Owner: Marvin the Martian

Thought you were naming the current staff till I got to Bugs.....He's a winner. Bruce would be like that Pepe la Pew.

4 hours ago, Skins3000 said:

The obvious head coach for the Redskins is Greg Williams. Look what he did in Cleveland in a short span but that makes too much sense for this organization 

I still think he should've gotten that gig in Cleveland. It certainly wasn't Kitchens who pulled that team together after Hue was let go. The team president is scared to death of Gregg. For one, he knows that Gregg would have the implicit blessing of Gibbs. And that's a major piece of our Redskins legacy that the team president can't trump. Still remember when we played the Rams at FedEx, and Snyder was on the field talking to Gregg. The team president saw it, and I'm not even joking, he moved like Darrell Green to get over there. He wanted to know what was being said............of course so he could "filter" it for the owner. I do hope Gregg gets another shot at being a HC. Things didn't work out in Buffalo for a variety of reasons, but he was learning how to be a total HC when he was with us under Gibbs.

And I'm really over this O'Connell obsession. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why he even deserves to be OC? He was the QB coach for Manziel, and that qualifies him somehow for access to the keys to this kingdom? A lot of guys are smart in terms of being able to use the lingo. But if you aren't getting calls for coordinator positions, there's a reason. One year as QB coach in Cleveland because nobody wanted to join a Pettine staff because they knew he would be canned either in-season or at the end of the season. Then crickets. Not a single HC or coordinator in the league contacted him for a job. The Bucs, Dolphins, Giants, Browns, Eagles, and Titans all changed head coaches going into the 2016 season. Did any of the HC candidates have O'Connell on their list of potential assistants? No. He networked his way into a "special projects" position on the 49ers staff that season. Ask the players who were on that team about his responsibilities and what he did there. Then he winds up in Washington as QB coach because Morocco Brown called Ashburn and made the recommendation; not to the HC, but to Laurel and Hardy. Gruden says all the right things, all the polite, professional things, but I can't imagine that many of the other offensive coaches on that staff trust O'Connell.

As for the next HC, KDawg is right ----- won't matter as long as the same decision-making structures are in place. And I don't want to ever hear that the team president has moved on over to the business side of things. If he's still in the building, it's a problem.

Are we still talking about head coach candidates?

Not sure why.

It doesn't matter, folks. Until Allen is gone (and even then we're in a ton of trouble) whoever comes in is lightning in a bottle. Fanbase gets excited (though that will be less this time), they put together a decent start. Get the people talking because it's provocative... And then the Snyallen influence kicks in and they start making decisions. Then the coaches get frustrated. Then the players start to play with less confidence. Three to four years down the road we're right back here.

Archived