Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

12 hours ago, Skins3000 said:

The obvious head coach for the Redskins is Greg Williams. Look what he did in Cleveland in a short span but that makes too much sense for this organization 

Dan won't hire someone like Williams, even though he is what we need. He's too abrasive and won't go along to get along, as Sheehan says about Jay. 

Again, Gregg is the only guy out there whom we could bring in that would fire up the fanbase. No one else is giving him a shot because he’s older, he doesn’t take **** and Bountygate

Having been in the league forever, he’d be able to pull together a good staff having worked with several other assistants in the past

Also one candidate who may be very interesting for the President role is Joe Moglia, who is the former head coach of Coastal Carolina and the ex CEO of TD Ameritrade. He’s had a few health issues but maybe a great blend of proven management ability and football knowledge

18 hours ago, Redd said:

I wouldn't want Bowles as the head coach.  He seemed pretty terrible up in New York.  Defensive coach works though.  A huge upgrade over Manusky.

His QBs were also Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, and a rookie Sam Darnold.  He was never gonna succeed.  Gotta give a guy the tools.

16 minutes ago, method man said:

Also one candidate who may be very interesting for the President role is Joe Moglia, who is the former head coach of Coastal Carolina and the ex CEO of TD Ameritrade. He’s had a few health issues but maybe a great blend of proven management ability and football knowledge

I don't know anything about the guy but I like this line of thinking. Consider people who might not be part of the establishment. Consider candidates from other fields who are proven organizational leaders. I feel like you can learn the cap stuff and other football specific "business" but being a good manager is hard to learn.

Can't believe people are still clamoring for Gregg.  The Browns were 100% correct when they moved on from him.  The dude still sticks with the mantra that his schemes make the player, not the other way.  We'd draft another safety in the top 10 so Gregg could play him 40 yards off the LOS.  It would be a complete cluster, plus he'll want to bring Blake in as his DC.  No one other then his dad will hire Blake.   

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Are we still talking about head coach candidates?

Not sure why.

It doesn't matter, folks. Until Allen is gone (and even then we're in a ton of trouble) whoever comes in is lightning in a bottle. Fanbase gets excited (though that will be less this time), they put together a decent start. Get the people talking because it's provocative... And then the Snyallen influence kicks in and they start making decisions. Then the coaches get frustrated. Then the players start to play with less confidence. Three to four years down the road we're right back here.

True. Actually, as long as Dan is owner; this will be the case. Dan can't change his stripes. He hires a gm, Dan will eventually undermine that gm.

For those of you living in the DC area, root for the Ravens. They will probably win another Superbowl or two; during Dan's lifetime.

35 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

True. Actually, as long as Dan is owner; this will be the case. Dan can't change his stripes. He hires a gm, Dan will eventually undermine that gm.

For those of you living in the DC area, root for the Ravens. They will probably win another Superbowl or two; during Dan's lifetime.

If I had to choose between a meddlesome Daniel Snyder and a meddlesome Snyder/Allen combo, I'll settle for the former.

Bruce Allen is grossly incompetent and, by reports, vindictive and petty. A GM or head coach would stand better chance with direct and immediate access to Snyder than having to negotiate through Allen who's an unnecessary complication. He's a disruptive middleman to an incompetent owner but an owner that can still be manipulated to success by the right person if allowed unobstructed access.

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

While I want Jay gone, until Snyder departs sometime between 2044 and 2054; there will be no real change.

I wasn't stating my opinion, only what Stephen A had said.  HE said change was coming.  I, like you and most others don't believe any real change will take place with just a coaching change.  I do however think there is a slight chance that if Dan hires a real GM and that GM is given the ability to hire/fire and run the team as he sees fit a direction change is possible. 

Obviously its not likely based on Snyder's history but there are examples of other bad owners finally going that route and finding success.

2 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I don't know anything about the guy but I like this line of thinking. Consider people who might not be part of the establishment. Consider candidates from other fields who are proven organizational leaders. I feel like you can learn the cap stuff and other football specific "business" but being a good manager is hard to learn.

It’s the best of both worlds. First, it’s a guy who has decades of experience in football (he was a college assistant before he went to the business world). He comes back after years in the business world and builds a winning program at Coastal Carolina. Second, it’s a guy who knows how to set up and run an organization. 

Funny thing is Josh Norman just missed playing under him at CC as his last season there was 2011 and Moglia came in 2012

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

I wasn't stating my opinion, only what Stephen A had said.  HE said change was coming.  I, like you and most others don't believe any real change will take place with just a coaching change.  I do however think there is a slight chance that if Dan hires a real GM and that GM is given the ability to hire/fire and run the team as he sees fit a direction change is possible. 

Obviously its not likely based on Snyder's history but there are examples of other bad owners finally going that route and finding success.

Got you.

I don't trust Dan one bit. He shocks us and does what he want; he will slowly undermine that GM.

I do hope we go 2-14, that might be the only way Bruce goes.

If we got a real organization , the joy would be short lived. Dan would ruin.

The joy for Skins fans is when Dan no longer owns the team and that's not happening for 25 to 30 years.

Maybe the younger ones here, will live to see that.

What happens if we start Colt who throws for 400+, and Wendell Smallwood runs for 160+ yards and we hand the Pats their 1st loss?

Would be just like this organization.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Greg Williams please.

10 hours ago, Alexa said:

Dan won't hire someone like Williams, even though he is what we need. He's too abrasive and won't go along to get along, as Sheehan says about Jay. 

I don't know about that, Williams wants a head coaching job bad and this front office needs some credibility and a new stadium.

9 hours ago, drowland said:

Can't believe people are still clamoring for Gregg.  The Browns were 100% correct when they moved on from him.  The dude still sticks with the mantra that his schemes make the player, not the other way.  We'd draft another safety in the top 10 so Gregg could play him 40 yards off the LOS.  It would be a complete cluster, plus he'll want to bring Blake in as his DC.  No one other then his dad will hire Blake.   

Clamoring for GW no, but I can see Greg getting the best out of these players as he did in New Orleans and the Browns last year. GW knows the structure of this organization and will not be shell shocked by the dysfunction. If GW wins games, I feel he will receive influence over Snyder not to mention GW will be able to put together a credible staff.

“That” Byron Leftwich?  Really?

Honestly had no clue he was doing anything to put him on that list, let alone the favorite.  Has he even been out of the league that long?  

**edit**. From coaching intern to OC in 3 years with a firing in between.  That’s.......a lot of not a lot

@volsmet  I kinda get it now kinda. 

He is a great college coach and is very successful against spread offenses such as Oregon when he was at BSU and with Cal against Washington. But he has strictly been a college coach,  and primarily PAC-12. For every Pete Carroll there is your Chip Kelly and Jim Mora. I would love him as a Coordinator or Secondary coach however. I just don’t think he could handle the NFL as a manager quite yet. 

C991AA53-B2A2-4A66-90F2-E82859192319.gif

Archived