Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

8 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Dallas- They’re promoting Kellen Moore without a doubt:

NY Giants- Shurmur isn’t going anywhere

Minnesota- Zimmer isn’t going anywhere. The GM might.

Carolina- yes

Atlanta- yes

Houston- maybe?

Jacksonville-yes

Cleveland- no

Pittsburgh- No unless Tomlin resigns

NY Jets- Haha no. Gase got the power to choose his own GM. He’s gonna be there for another 2 years at least.

My only disagree is Tomlin, I think he's gone if the Stillers miss the playoffs. He's on a very, very short leash. 

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Alex Smith- GM, Head Coach, President, etc...   Hmmmmm.

Look how stupid Dan looks in that oversized emblem sweatshirt.....terrible. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Honestly this list is exactly typical redskins organization mess. Although the list is premature, it had to come from somewhere. Personally, I think this is on the same spectrum with our lack of belief in analytics as an organization. If you just do basic research most of the good teams either pair a young quarterback whom the offensive minded head coach wholeheartedly believes in, or you can pair a defensive minded head coach with a quality veteran quarterback. The data is right in front of our eyes. Goff/Mcvay, Shanahan/Garopollo, Pederson/Wentz,Reid/Mahaomes, O'brien/Watson. Its either a young offensive minded coach with total confidence they can get the best out of Haskins NOW, not in two years not in three years but NOW; or you trade Haskins for a pick and start over with a new young coach/quarterback duo (Tua)?

Does the fact that Callahan been appointed as interim HC mean that there will not a new hire during the season?  I wonder why there has not been more discussion about Kevin O'Connell.  Have I missed something here?

Trying to find a silver lining here, the team has a unique opportunity to promote a guy midseason that is highly regarded and let him and the young quarterback work together with absolutely no pressure to win.  I don't know how O'Connell's system varies from Jay's system, but this would be his chance to experiment with different looks, theories, etc. that he would otherwise be unable to test. All with a view toward the future, a good young core on offense (yes, Scherrf, McLaurin, Wes Martin, Rullier, Guice, Sims = a good start), and adding more young talent with some high picks next year.

If the Redskins *trade* for Tomlin , not only am I not enamored withTomlin but we gave up draft picks to do it...

Thats rough, man.

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

We had Kyle in the building ... we had McVay in the building ... we had Lafleur in the building

... we have Rex Ryan in the building. 

we have Rob Ryan in the building. How you could misdiagnose those lucious locks with Rex’s flat top I’m not sure but I’m disappointed that you don’t respect Rob’s head lettuce.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Alex Smith?  He seems to be Dan's new BFF.  He was in his box watching the game.  According to a reporter stayed with Dan until 2 am to confer after that last loss.  Starting to feel a little weird. 

Hanging out with Dan until 2am is the least he could do after robbing him blind for $85 million 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

the Redskins *trade* for Tomlin , not only am I not enamored withTomlin but we gave up draft picks to do it...

Thats rough, man.

This is the most redskins thing that could happen which makes it what will likely happen. Say goodbye to at least one first round pick 

Though I’m not a big fan of Tomlin, I always thought he was smart enough to be someone that stayed the hell away from this franchise. If he’s traded here I could see him resigning after one year, which would be a disastrous season no doubt, and walking away into the sunset leaving Dan with egg on his face per usual 

11 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Hayden Fox proved himself at Minnesota state, I’d be fine with taking on Dauber & Luther Van Dam if that’s what it took

I literally Califan’d at this. 🤣  The name Dauber alone is just hilarious.  Used to love that show.

On an unrelated note, was listening to Czabes show on the way home...

He has a theory that Dan and Gregg have been in cahoots since this past offseason.  That they will do a hard sell on hardass Gregg coming to town and laying the law down.  Checks the boxes, as he used to be here - nostalgia,  not hireable as a head coach anywhere else, and can’t afford to be picky about the FO.

Mike Tomlin would be a huge mistake. Granted, it seems on-brand for Snyder and a "good move" only in his head.

Tomlin at one point had Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Polamalu, Harrison, Shazier, etc... basically a championship caliber roster and under achieved consistently. Imagine how he'd do with a garbage roster like ours. Won't be pretty.

But again, Snyder, so... yeah. It's a predictable move.

Archived