Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

Just now, carex said:

sure it does.  The interim coach doesn't have to coach for 2/3rds of a season with his first game a humilating loss

Still not seeing the negative of a place holder losing and a lame duck coach losing.

At least the place holder trying to fight for the job. It's obvious from last night Gruden doesnt have any fight left.

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

What he does is convince people to take a new challenge.

Dan seems to love to sell. I bet he can't wait to get the medicine show underway. He seems to love the courting process, and tires of the marriage just as quickly as Elizabeth Taylor. 

There must be an element of legacy and ego that Meyer has to possess in order for Dan's overtures to hit home. I'm assuming it's a commonly held belief by everyone that Meyer was forced to retire from OSU before he had intended. So there must be that element desire by Meyer at the nucleus. 

Urban has already coached Florida and Ohio State. At this point, the only college jobs that make any sense are Alabama and USC.....

Don't forget Yale, my guy. "Make Army and Navy #1 and #2 again."

But as for the only jobs making any sense for Meyer, based on his past resume and regional affiliation, I think Notre Dame could probably bend his ear with the right offer. 

But where will Meyer's statue reside? In Utah? I assume not at Florida, certainly not at OSU. So that's where Dan comes in to sell him the fantasy. 

all kinds of red flags

Nothing says Washington Football Team like the casual association to a domestic abuse coverup.

Eh. 

Maybe more like Seinfeld's smelly car. It's a BMW, but it's got B.O. 

Jason Garrett is a free agent at the end of this year and Jones apparently doesn't want to extend his contract. An interesting thought would be if Garrett ended up coaching the Skins and Gruden ends up coaching the Boys! At least they both have experience working for impossible owners.

It will never happen though since I don't think that Garrett would take the Skins job but who knows. It's certainly within the realm of possibility for Snyder to offer it to him however. I also don't think Jones would hire Gruden. He's looking for a coach with more horsepower than Gruden has at the moment, a "Sean Payton" type coach even though Payton himself is not available (just signed for 5 more years at NO).

I've changed my stance a little bit. 

A few days ago I was saying that I don't mind people posting about which coach they want because its a team forum and there are opinions and yada yada yada..

But I find myself reading the thread, reading through these coaching suggestions and getting pretty deflated.

Granted, I'm a nobody just like the rest of us, but I really wish people were taking this "Snyder/Allen are the problem, and until that is reconciled looking at HC candidates is ****ing useless" stuff more seriously.

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I've changed my stance a little bit. 

A few days ago I was saying that I don't mind people posting about which coach they want because its a team forum and there are opinions and yada yada yada..

But I find myself reading the thread, reading through these coaching suggestions and getting pretty deflated.

Granted, I'm a nobody just like the rest of us, but I really wish people were taking this "Snyder/Allen are the problem, and until that is reconciled looking at HC candidates is ****ing useless" stuff more seriously.

I'm no mind reader but I think the majority of people are looking past the Allen-removal task and looking at options of a new coach.

Now, Snyder on the other hand, that's a horse of a different color; I seriously doubt he's going anywhere, but a GM/President whatever with a set would pretty much tell Snyder 'look, you just write the checks, i'll get the people in place'.

At least that's what I'm hoping ...

Just now, skins island connection said:

I'm no mind reader but I think the majority of people are looking past the Allen-removal task and looking at options of a new coach.

Now, Snyder on the other hand, that's a horse of a different color; I seriously doubt he's going anywhere, but a GM/President whatever with a set would pretty much tell Snyder 'look, you just write the checks, i'll get the people in place'.

At least that's what I'm hoping ...

You can't look beyond Allen removal. We can't just think it's going to happen. I know, we're fans, we don't have control... But we do help control the narrative. If we look too forward to coaches, the FO sees it, sees that is their fix and they go ahead and do that and appease a great many people.

We need to expect more.

3 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Richard?? Defensive coach that also knows offense. Knows the division...young...do it...do it................do it.

Also, where is all this Dan making the pick at 15 coming from??

Diana Rossini reported that Dan basically decided on Haskins over the objections of the “football people.”  

We have no idea who those football people are.  Kyle Smith? Jay Gruden? Not sure.

There also was reporting they were going to trade up for Haskins, which didn’t happen.  

Jay wanted Jones.  But the Giants took Jones at 6, so that wasn’t an option. 

Apparently some “football people” didn’t like Haskins at 15, but liked him later.

In the end, they got Haskins and Sweat, who the “football people” actually liked at 15.  So everybody really should be somewhat happy.  

It has not been reported that anybody thought badly of Haskins. Just maybe not at 15.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This morning Kevin Sheehan on 980 radio is saying Joe Gibbs will recommend the owner hire Todd Bowles as our next Head Coach.  Also he thinks Gibbs

will recommend Louis Riddick of ESPN to be the next General Manager.

I love Gibbs but I want a real consulting firm with a reputation in the current time for identifying coaches and FO people.  

When Philly brought back a bunch of the executives that were let go when they hired Chip Kelley, one of the people they didn't bring back was Riddick. He might confidently tell you that he wouldn't have taken the job, but he was never asked if he wanted one. There's a reason. It's good to have someone on air who can discuss how things work on the FO side of pro football, and to get an understanding of how those thought processes play out when it comes to the draft, free agency, coaching hires, etc. I don't want him back with the Skins.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, jamellm78 said:

Keep your eyes on Eric Bieniemy , the OC for Kansas City. In sure he'll be getting offers in the off-season. 

Just don't see him coming here. I see him going to Atlanta where they have an established QB. 

3 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I love Gibbs but I want a real consulting firm with a reputation in the current time for identifying coaches and FO people.  

This is the answer!  Have the consulting firm report to Gibbs...

4 minutes ago, illone said:

This is the answer!  Have the consulting firm report to Gibbs...

I’m really not a huge fan of a consulting firm.  They typically look at “safe” candidates and it’s all an old boys club.  

10 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Just don't see him coming here. I see him going to Atlanta where they have an established QB. 

Unless he’s paired with a Reid tree FO person. 

I just don't care.  I really don't.

Proven coaches (Marty, Shanny, Gibbs) have coached here with mixed (AT BEST) results.  Coordinators who are in their first coaching jobs (Zorn, Gruden) haven't been able to step up.  We hired one goofball college coach, that didn't work out...but honestly, I'm not interested in anyone from the college ranks.

So...whatever.  That's the ****ing thing with this franchise, the faces change, the results stay the same.

There are two faces here that need to change before true change can be had and that's Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  Hand wringing about who the next coach is going to be is re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

I don't want Gibbs picking anyone. He's not involved in the NFL anymore and hasn't been in years. I also don't want anyone w/ ties to our past. I want new blood in here that has no ties to anyone from the Redskins. That means no to Bowles and no to Riddick. 

I just wish Dan would have some balls and make a bold hire as the GM and then step aside. Snyder has been a total failure at football. Just realize you're not good at it and move aside and just be a fan. 

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just don't care.  I really don't.

Proven coaches (Marty, Shanny, Gibbs) have coached here with mixed (AT BEST) results.  Coordinators who are in their first coaching jobs (Zorn, Gruden) haven't been able to step up.  We hired one goofball college coach, that didn't work out...but honestly, I'm not interested in anyone from the college ranks.

So...whatever.  That's the ****ing thing with this franchise, the faces change, the results stay the same.

There are two faces here that need to change before true change can be had and that's Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  Hand wringing about who the next coach is going to be is re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

Yes... yess...

more of these posts.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m really not a huge fan of a consulting firm.  They typically look at “safe” candidates and it’s all an old boys club.  

Unless he’s paired with a Reid tree FO person. 

That's a possibility. EB has certainly paid his dues. I would love for him to be our next HC. The thing is whomever comes here is going to have to agree to coach Haskins. It's the same crap when Gruden was hired. I just don't agree with that. 

Yeah, I think Sheehan is sadly right.

Will be Bowles as DC/head coach and KOC as OC.

Riddick will be the GM. Classic Snyder hire -- he only wants you if no one else does. That way you'll be grateful/compliant.

And Bruce will definitely still be around.

I wonder if Jay has bought a house in Vegas yet. I'm sure he's watching tape of Derek Carr, figuring out to maximize him in his brother's system. 

Archived