Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

On 10/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, illone said:

Hell to the **** no!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm curious as to why our HC absolutely HAS to be offensive minded. I'd rather it be more of manager-type coach with a special teams background that will delegate to a decent staff and speak at all levels of this team, and not be knee deep in just one area.

We need a guy that's going to get this team playing organized, disciplined ball and whip it into shape. Not saying I'm steadfast against it, but the endless parade of offense HC's has not worked here. Period.

Agreed.  Or have a defensive minded coach that is a hard ass.  The culture must change first and this soft ass **** ain't cutting it anymore.

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

that's what was said last year.  he's been here 10 years.  until he's gone, I won't believe that the midget will get rid of his 1 professional friend.

He will when no fans are left..

Yeah, watch him replace Allen with Vinny part deux, aka Louis Riddick. Fans will ignore his dreadful tenure here as Vinny Bugeyes minion, and his disastrous Philly "dream team", as well as the fact that like Cerrato and Allen, nobody else would hire him, and everyone will be clamoring about how Dan has finally hired a football guy...when all he would have done would be to dig up another enabler.

14 hours ago, Snagletooth said:

I'm curious how many coaching vacancies their will actually be for 2020?  Could be fewer than normal.  Unless there are some one and dones.  Maybe Carolina or Atlanta if they don't rebound.  Could bode well for us.

It depends how the season goes.

Potential coaching competition:

Dallas-  If they don't get to NFC Championship at least; Jerry isn't giving Jason another contract.

NY Giants- Daniel Jones needs to play well all season for Shurmur to come back in 2020.

Minnesota-  Singing Cousins has backfired on them.  Their GM and Zimmer could be out, if they fail to make the playoffs.

Carolina- No playoffs & 2nd year owner will want his own guy in.

Atlanta- Their window has closed, Dan Quinn is probably done. 

Houston- No playoffs and it could be it for Bill O'Brien.

Jacksonville-  They probably need to finish with at least 7 wins, or Doug Marone is gone.

Cleveland- if the Browns fail to meet playoff expectations, Kitchens is done.

Pittsburgh- How they play in their Benless season could determine if Mike stays.

NY Jets- Adam Gase could be one and done.

That doesn't mean all of those teams will have openings.  I'm pretty sure Atlanta will have an opening.  The Redskins will be at the bottom of the list; especially if they are alot of openings.

You want a guy who would command respect and accountability from his players?  Hire Brian Mitchell as Head Coach!  It will never happen because Brian wouldn't put up with Snyder or Allen's antics but I'll bet you that this team would always be prepared to play Football!! 

6 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

You want a guy who would command respect and accountability from his players?  Hire Brian Mitchell as Head Coach!  It will never happen because Brian wouldn't put up with Snyder or Allen's antics but I'll bet you that this team would always be prepared to play Football!! 

Well since it's probably over 90% that Allen returns, Jay successor will be an Allen puppet.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well since it's probably over 90% that Allen returns, Jay successor will be an Allen puppet.

Allen might come back but I think the days of hiring head coaches on the condition they're approved by Allen are over. Snyder will probably go at it alone this time.

4 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Allen might come back but I think the days of hiring head coaches on the condition they're approved by Allen are over. Snyder will probably go at it alone this time.

No quality coach will come here with Bruce still here. So, even if Dan is doing the hiring; he will have a hard time getting someone above the mediocre level.

If Bruce is gone, Dan will go big.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:36 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, I don't want Harbaugh.  The only upside to him is it would be funny when he tells off Bruce and Dan when the mood strikes him.  I think it would be a Marty like season in that he'd be out after year 1.  

Harbaugh's not a kissa**, so he wouldn't even make it past the job interview. Plus, I'm sure he'll have better options.

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It depends how the season goes.

Potential coaching competition:

Dallas-  If they don't get to NFC Championship at least; Jerry isn't giving Jason another contract.

NY Giants- Daniel Jones needs to play well all season for Shurmur to come back in 2020.

Minnesota-  Singing Cousins has backfired on them.  Their GM and Zimmer could be out, if they fail to make the playoffs.

Carolina- No playoffs & 2nd year owner will want his own guy in.

Atlanta- Their window has closed, Dan Quinn is probably done. 

Houston- No playoffs and it could be it for Bill O'Brien.

Jacksonville-  They probably need to finish with at least 7 wins, or Doug Marone is gone.

Cleveland- if the Browns fail to meet playoff expectations, Kitchens is done.

Pittsburgh- How they play in their Benless season could determine if Mike stays.

NY Jets- Adam Gase could be one and done.

That doesn't mean all of those teams will have openings.  I'm pretty sure Atlanta will have an opening.  The Redskins will be at the bottom of the list; especially if they are alot of openings.

Dallas- They’re promoting Kellen Moore without a doubt:

NY Giants- Shurmur isn’t going anywhere

Minnesota- Zimmer isn’t going anywhere. The GM might.

Carolina- yes

Atlanta- yes

Houston- maybe?

Jacksonville-yes

Cleveland- no

Pittsburgh- No unless Tomlin resigns

NY Jets- Haha no. Gase got the power to choose his own GM. He’s gonna be there for another 2 years at least.

With Bruce still employed the only candidates that would entertain a Redskins offer are homeless bums. You can Count out any coach if BA is still around. The entire planet knows the clown show that is DC. They tried for months to get a D coordinator and NOBODY would even interview. That's for coordinator, not HC. If the management stays as is, they won't get anybody for any position. When they fire the lump, they may not have any coaches at all. Be interesting to see the owner and drunken stumbling Bruce roaming the sidelines, trying to coach, while the entire team ignores them.

Obviously Allen's got to go for any decent candidate for GM or coach to come here and timing is everything but I've always wondered. Neither GM nor coaches contracts count against the cap. Average head coaches contracts are around 10 to 12 million.  https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-coaches-nfl/

Why not throw 15 to 20 million per year at a upper elchalon coach. Same with setting a new precident with a Gm's salary. It's Snyder's money and he can afford to pay it.   https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/nfl-team-owners-from-richer-to-richest/  So what if their may be a NFL Owners "gentlemans" agreement. The benchmark may be raised across the league because of it but that's after we get our GM and our head coach for the future.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:36 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, I don't want Harbaugh.  The only upside to him is it would be funny when he tells off Bruce and Dan when the mood strikes him.  I think it would be a Marty like season in that he'd be out after year 1.  

I actually think Harbaugh would be a good short-term hire. He took over a lousy SF organization and made them good.  He eventually wore out his welcome there, which would likely happen here too, but you never know. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Alex Smith?  He seems to be Dan's new BFF.  He was in his box watching the game.  According to a reporter stayed with Dan until 2 am to confer after that last loss.  Starting to feel a little weird. 

Alex Smith- GM, Head Coach, President, etc...   Hmmmmm.

Archived