Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

What I would love to hear is Snyder and Allen put all there eggs in one basket and go for whoever HC it may be, and the coach in question is asked if he wants to coach the Washington Redskins, and without blinking an eye says, Yes when they get a REAL GM. 

HTTR 

Based on Snyder and Allen's credibility and trustworthiness around the league, I'd say our next coach will probably be the internal promotion of Manusky. 

No respectable coach with any kind of options is going to come here with Allen's stupid ass in the building. We're screwed as long as he's here. 

My biggest fear of hiring Tomlin is that NO coach has won a SB for two different teams.

Vince Lombardi- Won SB's with GB- Coached Redskins next. *Passed away not long after being hired by Skins, so never had a chance to finish what he started.

Hank Stram- Won SB with KC- Coached N.O. next.

Don McCafferty- Won SB with Baltimore- Coached Detroit next.

Tom Flores- Won SB's with Raiders- Coached Seattle next.

Mike Ditka- Won with Chicago- Coached N.O. next.

George Seifert- Won SB's with SF- Coached Carolina next.

Bill Parcells- Won SB's with Giants- Coached NE, Jets & Dallas next

Jimmy Johnson- Won SB's with Dallas- Coached Miami next.

Mike Holmgren- Won SB with GB- Coached Seattle next.

Mike Shanahan- Won SB's with Denver- Coached Washington next.

Dick Vermeil- Won SB with St. Louis- Coached KC next.

*Joe Gibbs- Won SB's with Washington- Coached Washington next- obviously, same organization, but didn't win SB in his next HC stint.

Now, this list may be circumstantial more than anything, but it covers over 50 years of history and includes some of the biggest names in NFL coaching history. This trend will likely be broken at some point, but is anyone really confident that our dysfunctional Redskins will be the one's to buck history?

51 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I'm willing to bet Bruce is going to dive deep into some Buccaneers/Raiders connection until he's basically exhausted all options.

After those are dried up, who will willingly work for a GM with as a reviled reputation around the NFL as Bruce? 

No worthy, smart, successful coach would work for those clowns. This HC will also have to coach a 1st round pick QB he didn't select.

Raheem Morris is the only TB connection "leftover" I can think of.

8 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

This fan base really has a problem if hiring Mike Tomlin is looked at negatively.

I've noticed people seem to hate the prospect of hiring pro coaches with winning track records.  Between Tomlin and McCarthy, they have 2.5 losing seasons in a combined 26 years as head coach. But you would think they were Ray Handley and Jim Zorn the way people react.

I was reading this article about how the saints were picking up "tells" from Dallas OC Kellen Moore and in the article, the author linked to a video of the "three plays that shocked the world in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl" (just for fun since Kellen Moore went to Boise State). The video is narrated by then offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin. I was impressed just listening to him and went to see what he's doing now and he is their current head coach. I don't know anything about anything but I liked listening to this guy explained these plays. Sounds supers smart. Keep in mind, this video is a decade old (I think), so he's older and more seasoned by now.

Add: He's 42 years old and is 56-15 as the head coach of Boise State. Also interesting (to me) is that he was their OC, and was then promoted. I like that, it tells me something. We need that here. Develop coaching and front office talent from within. Next man up, even off the field.

Here's video of current day Bryan Harsin (embedded in the following article). Talks about focusing on how to come off a bye and play well as well as how to finish teams when you have a lead. Words I have not heard uttered here in a decade.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/latest-news/article235851132.html

10 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

This fan base really has a problem if hiring Mike Tomlin is looked at negatively.

hiring him is one thing, trading for him worries me more. What the hell we going to pony up, probably the future #1 overall pick. Just imagine that.

I'm not advocating for Tomlin but IF he becomes available I think some of you would be surprised at how interested he'd be in this job.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything but he has some ties to the area:

*From Hampton VA

*His brother Ed played S at Maryland in the late 80s and still resides in-state.

*Son Michael "Dino"] Tomlin is a freshman receiver at Maryland.

*Has been to a few Terps games this season.

Assuming he becomes available its not as farfetched (imo) as many of you believe.

The fact that Tomlison was able to keep the egos of Antonio Brown, Big Ben, and LeVeon Bell in check for so long tells me he's an effective leader of men at the very least.  Match him up with a hotshot OC and I think we have a chance for prosperity (or at least as much of a chance as we can ever have with this clown-show organization).  Of course, then the OC will get hired to be a HC somewhere else if we have success...

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm not advocating for Tomlinson but IF he becomes available I think some of you would be surprised at how interested he'd be in this job.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything but he has some ties to the area:

*From Hampton VA

*His brother Ed played S at Maryland in the late 80s and still resides in-state.

*Son Michael "Dino"] Tomlinson is a freshman receiver at Maryland.

*Has been to a few Terps games this season.

Assuming he becomes available its not as farfetched (imo) as many of you believe.

Who is Tomlinson? Tomlin, I know.

Archived