Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

Did I miss news that we canned Bruce and hired a real GM and that's why we're still talking about possible coaches?!

(This is my reminder that we need to, as a fanbase, keep laser focused on removing the second biggest problem before we worry about the HC)

On 10/2/2019 at 10:51 PM, kingdaddy said:

If Jay is fired next week I'm very curious to see what Dan says and who from the media will have the balls to ask him how Bruce is still here? We need the nedia to step up and hammer Dan. 

If its Bruce who takes the questions he needs to be hammered just as much. Its gotta be the local guys or ladies that do it. Maybe one off the former players? 

I bet they will have Doug Williams do the press conference so the Prince of Darkness and the owner can remain hidden from public scrutiny.

I'm curious as to why our HC absolutely HAS to be offensive minded. I'd rather it be more of manager-type coach with a special teams background that will delegate to a decent staff and speak at all levels of this team, and not be knee deep in just one area.

We need a guy that's going to get this team playing organized, disciplined ball and whip it into shape. Not saying I'm steadfast against it, but the endless parade of offense HC's has not worked here. Period.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm curious as to why our HC absolutely HAS to be offensive minded. I'd rather it be more of manager-type coach with a special teams background that will delegate to a decent staff and speak at all levels of this team, and not be knee deep in just one area.

We need a guy that's going to get this team playing organized, disciplined ball and whip it into shape. Not saying I'm steadfast against it, but the endless parade of offense HC's has not worked here. Period.

I'd like the type of coach you're mentioning... or a defensive minded coach. They tend to be more... aggressive. So if they're saddled with Allen they will make a scene. 

Hell, if Allen is here give me Rex Ryan so we can watch it burn.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd like the type of coach you're mentioning... or a defensive minded coach. They tend to be more... aggressive. So if they're saddled with Allen they will make a scene. 

Hell, if Allen is here give me Rex Ryan so we can watch it burn.

Rex is an easy sell, just tell him the cheerleaders walk around barefoot...

49 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I bet they will have Doug Williams do the press conference so the Prince of Darkness and the owner can remain hidden from public scrutiny.

There is no way that slime ball Allen will come out and talk. If he does he won't take any questions. Dan and Bruce are cowards. 

52 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually think this is a huge reason Jay won’t be fired.

Considering how dysfunctional the coach-front office relationship seems to be, I think the only reason the Redskins would keep Jay for the rest of the season is if Dan and Bruce think that Jay is trying to force them to fire him.  If they think Jay wants out, they may refuse to let him out.  Otherwise, I think he gets fired next week if the Redskins don't look competitive against the Pats.

Did a bit of data diving for another thread, but it's actually more applicable here. This is all the coaches and their records while Snyder has owned the team: 

Jay Gruden - 35 wins, 48 losses, 1 tie = winning 42%

Shanahan - 24 wins, 40 losses = winning 38%

Zorn = 12 wins, 20 losses = winning 38%

Gibbs = 30 wins, 34 losses = winning 47%

Spurrier = 12 wins, 20 losses = winning 38%

Schottenheimer = 8 wins, 8 losses = winning 50%

Turner/Robiskie = 18 wins, 14 losses = winning 56%

So, here's the awards we can give out:

Most winningest coach = Jay Gruden with 35.5

Highest percentage winning coach = Turner/Robiskie by a healthy bit at 56%. Technically this was all Turner because Robiskie was 1-2, so technically Turner as the Redskins head coach is 17-12 with a 58.6 winning percentage. 

There you have it. Under Snyder statistically those are the best coaches we've had.  

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me, it's because if the HC is the genius behind your offense (who preferably has a mind-meld with your stud franchise QB) no one can hire him away. A brilliant OC is for sure getting stolen by a team who wants what you have.

Archived