Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Atleast the fans are in mid season form 🤣.

Adjustments, adjustments, adjustments is the rallying cry.  I’m interested what adjustments folks think changes what’s been going on the last two quarters.  Some would say it’s a miracle they drew something up that actually worked for 30 minutes or so.  Vs. that’s actually who they are and these magical adjustments would lead to victory.  They just look outclassed to me.

Someone is going to check the film you know ;)

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

out coached and out played. Better execution all across the board. We look knackered. Gruden isn't going to improve either. 

Except for our punter I agree. 

Maybe thats why Bruce thinks we are close.  Our punter is a stud. 

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Norman is not worth the millions we are paying him.  They have to cut him after this season.

He hasn't been for a couple of years. He is another perfect symptom of a FO without a plan.

- A smart GM trades him a couple of seasons ago, gets draft picks in return for a building team rather than paying Norman for his decline years.

- A moderately competent GM cuts him at least a year ago, clears major cap space and playing time for a guy who's obviously not worth his salary.

- An incompetent GM who thinks of nothing but trying to eke out a an extra win or two to save his own job holds onto him and hopes Norman defies the aging process and reverses his decline and plays like his younger self.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Atleast the fans are in mid season form 🤣.

Adjustments, adjustments, adjustments is the rallying cry.  I’m interested what adjustments folks think changes what’s been going on the last two quarters.  Some would say it’s a miracle they drew something up that actually worked for 30 minutes or so.  Vs. that’s actually who they are and these magical adjustments would lead to victory.  They just look outclassed to me.

It's a historical problem that Jay's offense has had over and over and over. Being ****ty in the 2nd half. Usually that comes down to game planning and making adjustments when the other team's defense does. Jay seems unable to do so and just keeps doing the same thing after the other team adjusts. It's sad and seems like it will never change. 

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

As bad as the redskins offense has been in the third, the defense has eclipsed them entirely.  Total meltdown.  They’ve been dominated in every way.  Can’t stop the run or the pass.  Eagles have done whatever they wanted.

The Eagles offense looks really good.  Great quarterbacking behind great offensive line play.  Wentz is back to his MVP form.  But they've also completely outfoxed us.  Their playcaller is in our huddle.

But the offense has got to give them a chance.  We haven't been able to possess the ball.  We got two big pass plays and then have basically been shut down since.

Good to see that my couple seasons of not watching is reinforced by seeing the Skins giving up on the game after a 17-0 start, and 20-7 halftime lead.  Not that Philadelphia needed it, but when you see that two TDs and two XPs wins the game and you see Gruden coaching this team, you know how it's going to end.  

I didn't stop watching because they were bad, but it certainly helped make it easier. Why waste Sunday afternoons on endless disappointment over which you have no control?  Go for a run, garden, fool around with your wife, hang out with the kids, watch another game for pure entertainment value, etc.  Anything besides watching Gruden haplessly grimace on the sideline for another season.  Sure, blame Snyder, but blame him for holding onto this loser another season. 

Archived