Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If he is here at that time, we probably don't let him go join McVay in a lateral move a couple years later, so I'm not sure that matters. I'm sure he's glad he was with the Broncos for that SB run. 

We're not disagreeing. I was clearing up how Wade could both be rejected by Jay and reject Jay. If we hadn't spurned him in 2015, I doubt he would have had as much success attributed to his name, but we'd definitely be better off with Wade. Instead, Jay poisoned the well and we got what we got.

18 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

We're not disagreeing. I was clearing up how Wade could both be rejected by Jay and reject Jay. If we hadn't spurned him in 2015, I doubt he would have had as much success attributed to his name, but we'd definitely be better off with Wade. Instead, Jay poisoned the well and we got what we got.

I gotcha, I misunderstood what you were getting at. My bad

15 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Yep, the sad thing is the D held Philly 3 and out on that first drive of the 2nd half but Philly went for it at their own 34 yd line and made it, it did seem to be the breaking point for the defense.

Did anyone notice on that pivotal 4th and 1 how the refs let Kelce move the ball up?   Essentially, snapped the ball from the 1st down mark.....

now the defense has to make a stop, but they started off with a huge advantage aided by the refs 

8 minutes ago, jjpomeroy said:

Did anyone notice on that pivotal 4th and 1 how the refs let Kelce move the ball up?   Essentially, snapped the ball from the 1st down mark.....

now the defense has to make a stop, but they started off with a huge advantage aided by the refs 

I didn't but if Kelce did it and got away with it then it's a smart move, it's on our defense to point it out to the refs.

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Sometimes I dont even want that steak dinner anymore, that AP answer was one of them.  Hes too my way or the highway all the sudden for someone who never won a playoff game, nice if he had some balls last year we might of been able to keep Swearinger here.

Swearinger was just stating the truth and Gruden couldn't handle it.  So the idiot knee jerks away a possible trade pick and just cuts him....the most effective DB we have in the backfield and full of fire and desire to win, but he has to go because he told the truth about Grudens ineptness.  Such a loser!  Fire Allen and Gruden NOW!

2 hours ago, jjpomeroy said:

Yes my dad and I noticed that..he was snapping the ball from the first down marker..

17 hours ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest are running this team.  Completely ridiculous to let those players go, especially in the same season.  The only two consistent players.  Just stupid.

It was stupid to let Garcon go, DJax made sense because he was going to get a bigger pay day in TB (or another team) than we could afford.  It was stupid to waste a first round pick on Doctson too.  Garcon wanted to play here and they didn't even care.  

2 hours ago, rabidskin said:

Swearinger was just stating the truth and Gruden couldn't handle it.  So the idiot knee jerks away a possible trade pick and just cuts him....the most effective DB we have in the backfield and full of fire and desire to win, but he has to go because he told the truth about Grudens ineptness.  Such a loser!  Fire Allen and Gruden NOW!

The interesting thing is Morgan Moses just did exactly what Swearinger did.  Except he just called out Gruden this morning and said not suiting up AP was a slap in the face, and that a lot of them were upset by it.  So if Gruden is consistent, I expect we shall see major fines etc for Moses.

37 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The interesting thing is Morgan Moses just did exactly what Swearinger did.  Except he just called out Gruden this morning and said not suiting up AP was a slap in the face, and that a lot of them were upset by it.  So if Gruden is consistent, I expect we shall see major fines etc for Moses.

Wasn’t that after multiple incidents from Swearinger?

The whole inactive/active issue was strange though IMO.  Might not have made a bit of a difference, but I just did not get the decision-making there.  2 3rd down backs but just one ‘bellcow’?  Maybe if Smallwood was their kick returner I could sort of get it, but he wasn’t (another weird aspect as he’s listed as the primary KR).  

My understanding is that Brantley was active but they weren’t going to play him?  Just 1 backup for the interior oline (Bergstrom)?   I dunno, just all seemed a bit strange.  

I suppose it was already jacked up due to injuries... the league really has to up the active list/roster size.  

47 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Wasn’t that after multiple incidents from Swearinger?

The whole inactive/active issue was strange though IMO.  Might not have made a bit of a difference, but I just did not get the decision-making there.  2 3rd down backs but just one ‘bellcow’?  Maybe if Smallwood was their kick returner I could sort of get it, but he wasn’t (another weird aspect as he’s listed as the primary KR).  

My understanding is that Brantley was active but they weren’t going to play him?  Just 1 backup for the interior oline (Bergstrom)?   I dunno, just all seemed a bit strange.  

I suppose it was already jacked up due to injuries... the league really has to up the active list/roster size.  

Thats why I said he would be fined, and not cut.  If he does it again, then they'd have to cut him to be consistent.  Though with Swearinger they hadnt even suspended or fined him yet and just outright cut him. 

Yeah, the whole idea we were doing it to get in the guy who barely made the roster seems a bit absurd.  Smallwood didnt register a single stat, so we kept of our HOF best offensive player last year so a guy who wasnt on our roster a couple weeks ago could get a few almost meaningless snaps.

4 hours ago, rabidskin said:

Not gonna defend Gruden.  He's an average coach who is a good strategist and a lousy tactician (AKA Norv Turner).  If Dan could have found a quality replacement to take the job then he'd have been gone a while ago.  However, Swearinger got himself cut for calling out team mates and coaches while at the same time blowing assignments and missing tackles.  He just talked too much and lost his ability to be an effective field general in the eyes of the other DBs.   

Archived