Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

PHILADELPHIA – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy 

o   No. 26 RB Adrian Peterson

o   No. 31 CB Fabian Moreau

o   No. 64 C Ross Pierschbacher

o   No. 67 G Wes Martin

o   No. 86 TE Jordan Reed

o   No. 96 DL Treyvon Hester

No. 85 Vernon Davis is expected to start in place of No. 86 Jordan Reed at tight end.

On your flip card for Washington, please omit No. 19 WR Robert Davis and add No. 82 TE J.P. Holtz. On Saturday, the Redskins waived Davis and promoted Holtz from the practice squad.

Wait, so Robert Davis did enough to make the team, but was thought little enough of that he was immediately cut to make room to call up a practice squad TE due to Jordan Reed being out this week?

Also....AP a healthy scratch?

Gruden off to his usual hot start to begin the season.  Ugh.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Wait, so Robert Davis did enough to make the team, but was thought little enough of that he was immediately cut to make room to call up a practice squad TE due to Jordan Reed being out this week?

Martin also inactive, he’s really going to roll with Flowers, ugh

Looks like they are going with Bergstrom as the interior line backup because he can play all three positions (LG, C, RG). I doubt Martin has worked as center. I thought we would keep two interior line backups active.  Makes sense, but I'd prefer Martin to Bergstrom once Martin gets some reps at center.

7 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Why is AP out?

it's justifiable with any such question per the 'skins to just assume "becuase stupidly run org is stupidly run"

even though sometimes there's an answer that isn't totally stupid but it's not reported through the media and Jay/Bruce/Dan don't appear to care

i haven't heard any really enlightening details on this move, so i'd go with "stupid" on anything coaching/FO driven until accurately informed otherwise

:)

29 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The goodbye Jay countdown begins.

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's justifiable with any such question per the 'skins to just assume "becuase stupidly run org is stupidly run"

even though sometimes there's an answer that isn't totally stupid but that's not reported through the media and Jay/Bruce/Dan don't appear to care

i haven't heard any really enlightening details on this move, so i'd go with "stupid" on anything coaching/FO driven until accurately informed otherwise

:)

Well that's kind of where I was on it.  But I thought, foolishly, that I'd give it until halftime before giving in to reality yet again.  You know, in the spirit of renewal or some such nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Why is AP out?

1. To make room for Wendell Smallwood on special teams (Not a joke)

2. Jay Gruden is a Jack ass

3. Raiders & A.B. stole our thunder when it came to the drama department and we needed to get it back

4. Jay Gruden is trying to get fired

5. Week 1 hasn't even kicked off yet and I'm already aggravated . 

Archived