Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

The bottom line is that this team is run by a bunch of drunk monkeys suffering from heat exhaustion. Or at least that’s how it seems. Bruce says “we’re close”, owner is okay with that. Mother****er, close to what? Winning a game? Awesome. Glad your expectation level is so high. Meanwhile we let our idiot coach run the show on Sundays. They can’t adjust to a turtle walking through molasses. Meanwhile he wants a fumble prone RB who ain’t done **** over a HOF caliber RB. Then makes said RB inactive. The stupid here is thick as ****. But hey, what’s new? “Dan wants to win” that’s what we’re always told but it’s a bull**** lie. Dan doesn’t want to win, Dan wants to win on his terms, period. I would say more but I’d likely get banned for speaking the truth.

Dan wants a new stadium more then anything...even winning..see BA

I was not a fan of featuring CT as much as we did, or at least when we did.  Guice was decent but clearly the plan was a lot of CT and felt like Jay became 2018 in terms of being predictable.  I will run CT and fool them no you won't.

I LOVED that Case led TMC away from the defender, it made him even more wide open.  Contrast that to the DJax over the shoulder tough catch with Josh 18 inches away. Damn shame he missed on that 2nd one.

A tale of 2 halfs. Can you say, Tress Way, MVP.  He was booming.

miscommunication, I forgot about that script from last season, its back.  😀

Big takeaway: The Redskins' defense needs to be a lot more sound and impactful if this team is going to even think about having a good year. They were plagued, once again, by some communication mishaps that led to big touchdowns -- just like last season. Corner Josh Norman said part of the issue stemmed from not getting certain calls or audibles to the outside quick enough. Safety Montae Nicholson said some of it was from not playing a lot together thus far. Regardless, it was bad -- and it wasn't just the secondary. "That miscommunication will kill you every time," Norman said. "We'll get it corrected. ... You get out like that you got to put guys away, you've got to shut the door."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer5m ago

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I also started Hopkins, JuJu, and Boyd along with Kamara lol. It's dynasty so a little different.

Only 13% of teams in Yahoo started DJax so it's not like he was a no brainer, the dude is the definition of feast or famine.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The one coach who seems like teflon on these threads is Callahan.  they led the league in offensive penalties last year (most on the O line) and are well on their way again to it.  Almost 100 yards in penalties. 

You're absolutely right. Yes, he's turned borderlone talents who are not that physically gifted or athletic into borderline JAG starters, but they aren't technically sound or disciplined. I think we overrate what he's done, despite the ingredients he's been given being lackluster. 

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Only 13% of teams in Yahoo started DJax so it's not like he was a no brainer, the dude is the definition of feast or famine.

And against us, he feasts. I was a little worried about his finger but confident our defense would not be able to stop him. 

Start percentages are a lot different in dynasty leagues anyways because of all the player movement over the years, so it's probably not an apples to oranges situation. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You're absolutely right. Yes, he's turned borderlone talents who are not that physically gifted or athletic into borderline JAG starters, but they aren't technically sound or disciplined. I think we overrate what he's done, despite the ingredients he's been given being lackluster. 

Yeah am not even trying to kill Callahan, I am sure he does a lot of things well. He's a legend, etc.  But geez this O line commits lots of penalties. That clearly they don't do well.   Warren Sharp talks about it quite a bit as to one of this unspoken weaknesses of this team, O line penalties -- and he also said statistically speaking the hardest penalties to overcome are the ones on offense.   And the Redskins committed the most in the league last year and they are off to an awful start on that front already today. 

Just now, volsmet said:

51CEB0DB-64DB-498A-B084-D73EA6B23FD7.gif

I am in a 8-team keeper league.

We keep 3 players from last years team. We have 18 players on our squad (start 8).

The hard part is we only have 6 free agency moves for the whole year. So you have to get multiple players at the same position so you aren't wasting free agency moves on bye week issues.

Very strategic and challenging at times.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The one coach who seems like teflon on these threads is Callahan.  they led the league in offensive penalties last year (most on the O line) and are well on their way again to it.  Almost 100 yards in penalties. 

Our OL is severely bad. Scherff is barely a top 10 RG, but everyone else is below average. Morgan Moses is extremely overrated too, I'm not even sure hes an average RT at this point. 

15 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Besides McLaurin and Holcomb, which young player did you like?

Harmon, Sweat, Payne, Mckinzy.

I wasn't just referring to rookies but all of our young players.

I'm even impressed Quinn made it through the game without getting injured.😀

5 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

If this is true, it’s the most damning statement about Jay that I have ever seen. Jay should be fired Monday morning

This has gone on before Jay.  Gibbs 2 would blow leads.  Shanny and Zorn, too.  Seems like a Redskins thing for whatever reason.  I recall like yesterday being at a game during the Gibbs 2 era where a fan started joking out loud here comes the 2nd half collapse and everyone around that fan laughed because we knew what he meant.  And yep it happened.  I was at that post Sean Taylor death game where they blew the lead against Buffalo.   Actually it was a Norv thing, too.

It's been a weird thing about this team that has transcended coaching staffs -- that and the awful MNF games.  That's whats odd about it for me.   

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Our OL is severely bad. Scherff is barely a top 10 G, but everyone else is below average. Morgan Moses is extremely overrated too, I'm not even sure hes an average RT at this point. 

I think alot of our players are overrated...John Adams...we talk about him around here like he is some all pro and in reality his play has been average. This defense doesnt have the talent to be special and build around. Our only hope is to build around the young offense talent.

Archived