Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Yeah but what you're not considering are two important aspects. One, the whole league knows he wants out of Washington. And two, he wants an exorbitant amount of money in a new deal. Both hinder our trade leverage big time.

multiple teams wanting him overcomes some of that

He wants a lot of money, but he’s arguably the best LT to hit the market in years. He’s healthy, motivated to play, and in his prime. You could trade a 1st and get 3 pro bowl caliber seasons out of him. some might say that’s not a bad deal. Others may disagree. Depends how you feel about your job security if your young qb takes another year of hits ( looking at you NYJ/Denver/CLE)

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Yeah but what you're not considering are two important aspects. One, the whole league knows he wants out of Washington. And two, he wants an exorbitant amount of money in a new deal. Both hinder our trade leverage big time.

All it takes is one team which needs a LT and doesn't have a shot at a top tackle in the draft.  His exorbitant demands might be his way of forcing his way out of here and he might be willing to take a market value deal from a new team. 

As for the whole league knows he wants out...did that stop the Rams from giving up what they did for Jalen Ramsey?  Mo Sanu went for a 2nd round pick for Gods Sake!!

6 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am starting to think we will get the Browns 10th overall pick.

With the tenth pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select... CeeDee Lamb

If Trent and his agent are looking for a trade partner, the last place I see them looking is Cleveland

11 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

With the tenth pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select... CeeDee Lamb

Id rather not draft Lamb. But, Say that did happen. We would have 4 good options:

1. hope Wirfs falls and draft him

2. draft the next best OL

3. draft Jeudy ( IMO better than lamb)

4. Trade down and gather more picks. 

11 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

1 minute ago, primetime441 said:

If Trent and his agent are looking for a trade partner, the last place I see them looking is Cleveland

Show me the money. It's all that matters. The Skins have to agree and due to needs the Browns will offer the best compensation for Trent and the Skins.

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Id rather not draft Lamb. But, Say that did happen. We would have 4 good options:

1. hope Wirfs falls and draft him

2. draft the next best OL

3. draft Jeudy ( IMO better than lamb)

4. Trade down and gather more picks. 

I really wanted to say Simmons. A guy can dream.

33 minutes ago, carex said:

they might be able to get another one year stop gap in free agency and get the future next year

It’s possible but somewhat unlikely. Penn was ok, but unsure if you could count on him again and the other LTs on the market are somewhat uninspiring.  Or really expensive.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Did Craig Hoffman day the Skins best players in the last 25 years were: Trent Williams, Chris Samuels and... Santana Moss?

Thats certainly a take. 

Not to take away anything from Santana. He had some of the biggest moments I can remember...

But... 25 years takes us to 1995. Jon Jansen, Stephen Davis, Clinton Portis, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Sean Taylor, London Fletcher, Ken Harvey, Chris Cooley... 

I’m not going to say it’s not Moss. But I don’t know how DG and ST21 aren’t on that list.

I don't think he's talking about players that had some great individual seasons, nor did he intend to include great players that just happened to play a few end of career seasons in the last 25 years. I think he's talking about about over value to the team. A combination of individual season production and longevity (as in 7 really good seasons are better than 2 great ones and nothing else). Taylor had the high end production, but not the longevity. Green's best years were pre-1995. So he's only evaluating Green's years post age 35. Harvey only played 5 seasons here and at least some of them (are outside the 25 years). Fletcher at least gives Moss a run, though the fact he was 32 when he came here likely prevented him from overtaking Moss (who played 10 seasons here). Portis would be in the discussion too, but didn't last as long. Though you can grade Portis on a bit of a curve for being a RB.

54 minutes ago, carex said:

he's better than Duane Brown and his team got a second and third for him

It really all depends on what kind of contract Trent will settle on.  If he’s demanding a $20+ million/year deal with 3 years guaranteed, teams won’t be willing to trade for that.  If he’s being reasonable, then it could be more than Brown.

Here is how I see it....

Trent to the Brown. They give us #10 overall for him. To help sweeten the pot a little for the Browns, we swap 3rd and 4th rounders so that the Browns pick 8 spots higher in both rounds. We also give them the 2nd pick in the 7th round # 194 overall.

Now we have picks #2, and #10 overall in the first. We take Chase at pick 2. We trade down from #10 into the 20's and add a 2nd round pick along the way. We address TE, and T with these picks if possible. Thanks Trent, nice knowing ya.

28 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

That would be outstanding.. but it's really hard to see a team giving up a top 10 pick for a 31 year old oft injured tackle wanting megabucks.

Personally if it is the browns, I could see their 2nd and late 3rd, or miami is rumored to have contacted the skins last year, their #26 pick and us giving a pick back is doable i'd think.

How's this for a wet dream, somehow we finagle a 2nd and 3rd for trent..

trade dunbar for a 3rd or so (personally I think he'll fetch a 4th)

Pray the lions give up a 2nd for the chance to get tua (and out of the Stafford business next year)

I know it's waaaaaaaaay outside the realm of possibility, or hell, even reality.. but man it's nice to dream.

@Vanguard It is what it is on the pick not being as good as Trent, thats obvious. You want to give him 20/year for the next 3 years?  If a team is willing to give him the money he is looking for then they are gonna give us what we want in a deal.  Bottomline, He's under contract,  we don't have to pull the trigger, we can let him wallow on the exempt list all season if he doesn't want to play. But I think we want to move on because we aren't willing to commit to 18-20 a year and it sounds about that time.

@nonniey The expectations are fine, its Trent Williams a top 5 Tackle since he entered the league, guys got at least 3-5 more years and a HOF career to this point. He's not gonna sit out another year. imo. I will be disappointed if we accept anything less than a 1st rd pick or 2nd+3rd/2nd + 2nd for this year. I think we'll get it too. It's the perfect time to let him look. right before FA. Have a little faith. 

@Gibbit Maybe they haven't, I'm ok with that, would welcome him back if he doesn't find what he wants or we don't get what we need in return. I just think at this point we are resigned to the fact it might not work out. We could also be gauging what his monetary worth is. Like he can say hey this is the highest I was offered and we can decide to keep him and give him the $. More often than not thought, we've made peace with the possibility of not having Trent on our team.

41 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wouldn't it lower his trade value, that he only has one year left on his contract ?

Yes.

I imagine Trent will want the trade to be agreed to prior to free agency to maximize his ability to sign a large extension. 

Would imply to me like we’ve got his replacement lined up already as well. Probably got someone on a promise to sign, Daryl Williams fits need and has the connections.

Got to think the Chargers fancy a bite on Trent. Maybe the Jets too.

Wonder if Trent wants to win as well as cash in...

7 hours ago, skins2victory said:

Here is how I see it....

Trent to the Brown. They give us #10 overall for him. To help sweeten the pot a little for the Browns, we swap 3rd and 4th rounders so that the Browns pick 8 spots higher in both rounds. We also give them the 2nd pick in the 7th round # 194 overall.

Now we have picks #2, and #10 overall in the first. We take Chase at pick 2. We trade down from #10 into the 20's and add a 2nd round pick along the way. We address TE, and T with these picks if possible. Thanks Trent, nice knowing ya.

You have a better chance to win the lottery than getting a 1st rd pick.

For those saying if we got 10 we draft Jeudy or Lamb ... VERY tempting. But If you can trade Trent in for one of Thomas, Wirfs or Wills you do it. Even if they’re best as a RT long term. That talent is top end. 

unless we have a plan to add a guy like Vitai then go Jeudy I’m all for it. That would free up a later pick for an OT Depth piece or two that was slated for WR

But personally Id draft an OT and use my newfound cap space to get Cooper in here. Trade Trent and $10m in cap space equivalent for Wirfs And Cooper? Done

Archived