Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

If we get a #10 by all means we need to draft an OT.  If's a rookie LOT so be it.  Sign Jack Conklin who's played LOT before but has played more ROT in Tennessee.  We can then cut bait with Moses at RT.  Best case scenario Conklin plays LOT and our rookie OT plays on the ROT.  Worst case scenario, Conklin plays ROT and we sign an older LOT vet to hold down the fort while our rookie LOT learns the nuances of the game.

12 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

I'd call the Dolphins right now.

MIA gets: Williams, 1-2

WAS gets: 1-5, 1-18, 1-26, 2-24, 2021 2nd

I learned from American Pickers that you can get a deal done easier sometimes doing a bundle package. lol

I really believe the #2 is non-negotiable even though RR has made statements otherwise.  Young is the pick.

If #10 is on the table, and I highly doubt it, but if it is... I trade him faster than you can hiccup. And then I take the BPA at #10.

Could be Thomas, Wills, Jeudy, Lamb or... Isaiah Simmons.

Imagine a defense with Young AND Simmons coordinated by Del Rio and supervised by Rivera.

All of this is to say, to keep this about Trent Williams and offensive tackle - We need to find an offensive tackle in free agency. And we need to keep Moses. At #10 overall you can't target a position. You take the best player on the board and move on. 

13 minutes ago, arftech said:

Partial reps can be effective and I do them sometimes but mainly go full range.

Partial reps aren't usually done for max weight (700 lb) squat. They're used to build explosion and experience heavier weights on the bar.

Typically, these athletes have access to the tools to be more effective with a partial rep. Boxes for a box squat scenario, pins for pin squats, 1-board, 2-board,3-board,4-board and 5-boards for board presses.

You also typically want to see a lot of explosion coming out of a partial rep. Those weights were not moving fast.

While the quarter squat is sometimes believed to help with things such as sprint speed, they're generally not used as a show off lift for mass consumption as a 700 lb quarter squat isn't something you particularly care to share with the world. 

He looked pretty good in the plyometric drills posted, but the squat and bench stuff was poor. 

23 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@tibbidoe if they’re taking Tua they may be more interested in adding a RT 

Fair point.

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I really believe the #2 is non-negotiable even though RR has made statements otherwise.  Young is the pick.

Probably true.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@KDawg I tend to agree on BPA there but if you get a Vitai in FA I still think OT can be BPA at 10 and in that case you double down on OT 

Sure. I don't think any of the OTs are better than Simmons, though. Now, if Simmons goes to Jacksonville at 9, now you're looking at Lamb and/or Jeudy and/or Ruggs and/or Jefferson and a couple of tackles between (Wirfs/Thomas/Wills/Becton)

I think, if Lamb is there, he's the BPA. Though the tackles are right there. 

10 hours ago, joeken24 said:

There is a cynical side of me that says Trent was probably going to pop a piss test and end up with a 10 game suspension anyway...

New CBA makes Trent more valuable. Failed substance abuse tests are only punishable with fines. Any team trading for Trent won't have that as a concern.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise I think the asking price starts at a 1. Understandable that Browns wouldn’t want to part with #10 but if you could snag their 2+3 or their 2+ a good player that’s tempting.

wonder if anyone down the line in R1 would consider a 1. Seattle or New England. Maybe Jax offers us 20 after we ask for 9

Keim has said recently he was asking personnel people what they thought.  He heard at this point in time they thought Trent would fetch a 2nd and change.  Maybe a 2nd and third. 

Personally, I'd take a late first for Trent if offered. 

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Skins would be lucky to get a 2nd. No one is going to give a 1st for an aging, injury prone player; who sat out a year. Trent has what, 2 or 3 good years left.

I tend to agree. But then I see what Miami got for Tunsil and I won't rule the possibility out.

I just don't think it'll happen. But who knows in this league.

Archived