Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

From Vincent Taylor, agent for Redskins LT Trent Williams: "Trent is excited to resume his Pro Bowl career with a team interested in a player of his stature. We really appreciate and respect Dan Snyder for the chance to seek another opportunity." (1/2)
6:10 PM · Mar 5, 2020·Twitter for Android

Replying to
Taylor on Trent Williams (2/2): "This isn't about a contract, but time for a change of scenery." #Redskins

This should end all of the talk that we are just letting him test the market to eventually bring him back. He gone!

It’ll be interesting seeing the tightrope Trent and his agent will have to walk. They’re going to try to get the biggest contract possible, but the more they demand, the less likely a team will be willing to fairly compensate the Redskins for his services. So if he’s smart, he will have to give a little on his high salary demands unless he wants to be stuck here another year. 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It’ll be interesting seeing the tightrope Trent and his agent will have to walk. They’re going to try to get the biggest contract possible, but the more they demand, the less likely a team will be willing to fairly compensate the Redskins for his services. So if he’s smart, he will have to give a little on his high salary demands unless he wants to be stuck here another year. 

That's the sticky thing. Giving him the right to look for a trade partner, he has to consider his demands may be too high and the 'Skins will want something decent in return. There is zero incentive to just let him go, especially when doing nothing at all gets the team a 3rd (most likely) next year. I have a feeling Rivera can handle any drama he tries to bring better than Goober Gruden.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Good grief give it up on Ward, we're not getting him unless we send a high pick with Trent. You guys are really over blowing the return we'll get for Trent which will result in a lot bemoaning over what deal we do eventually get. 

I agree.  I think we will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder.  I'll take whatever we can get.

13 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am starting to think we will get the Browns 10th overall pick.

With the tenth pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select... CeeDee Lamb

If we do end up getting the Rams 10th pick it will go to a Tackle. That is the prime spot to land one of the top 2 or 3 guys in the draft at the position.

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Before the Trent situation unfolded, the Texans sent their 2020 1st and 2nd and 2021 1st for Tunsil.

Hence why the Dolphins have picks 26 and 56 this year.

And I think the Dolphins will send us the #26 pick this year.  

Trent is in phenomenal shape and he comes in better shape every year.  Whoever gets him is going to have a stud for the next 4 years.  

He's outstanding in space, dominates as a run blocker, dominates as a pass blocker, dominates in the screen game, and he's a leader.  I'm not very happy how he screwed us last year but up until that point he has been a Hall of Fame Redskins for me.  He's going to command a first rounder or multiple 2's.

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I agree.  I think we will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder.  I'll take whatever we can get.

A 2nd would be nice.  I think we (people thinking we'll get a 1st) should temper our expectations, based on the Duane Brown trade we will likely get a 3rd and a 2nd next year.

2 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

A 2nd would be nice.  I think we (people thinking we'll get a 1st) should temper our expectations, based on the Duane Brown trade we will likely get a 3rd and a 2nd next year.

Trent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brown

Also, Trent is the type of player that could be a stud LT for 3 more years and then flip to RT and be very good until he's 37/38

15 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns beat writer, says he wants 15M-16M/yr, guaranteed.

sounds good. My prediction was 3yr/55mil was what he’d command. 

interesting to see what he gets. And what we get in return.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:
From Vincent Taylor, agent for Redskins LT Trent Williams: "Trent is excited to resume his Pro Bowl career with a team interested in a player of his stature. We really appreciate and respect Dan Snyder for the chance to seek another opportunity." (1/2)
6:10 PM · Mar 5, 2020·Twitter for Android

Replying to
Taylor on Trent Williams (2/2): "This isn't about a contract, but time for a change of scenery." #Redskins

This should end all of the talk that we are just letting him test the market to eventually bring him back. He gone!

Lets make sure the "change of scenery" turns out to be Cleveland or Jacksonville".....have fun with that.

53 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If we do end up getting the Rams 10th pick it will go to a Tackle. That is the prime spot to land one of the top 2 or 3 guys in the draft at the position.

I think this is exactly why we won't get anything that high for him. That ship has sailed.  Why would the rams trade us the 10th pick when they could just draft a younger cheaper guy? Granted Trent is / was a great player. But he is not in his prime and has an injury history. I see the risk in him not panning out due to injury and age, as equal to or greater than a first round top 10 tackle not panning out. Plus, the young guy is on a rookie deal. I would take the young guy at 10.

Archived