Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I really hope Allen gets a nasty case of recurring Coors Light-induced IBS. He really effed us hard with Trent's trade value.

That being said, we can get a high 2nd + 3rd/4th. Take what you can get and move on. I just want this situation resolved.

4 minutes ago, carex said:

Bell skipped 2018 and still managed over 1200 yards. total offense.  He had close to 2000 yds total in 2017 but he played on a  stacked 13-3 team vs a 7-9 team with a lousy Oline and questionable quarterbacking

Players don't get better...their bodies get a year off though. For an oft injured OL, its probably great for him

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

Players don't get better...their bodies get a year off though. For an oft injured OL, its probably great for him

This is why I question if TW isn't worth as much now as if when Bruce may have dealt him? I know teams lose a year of contract but they gain a year of health....He just got an entire season off. 

Just now, wit33 said:

Trades are circumstantial, hopefully a team feels his value is supreme may the moment. 

Maybe a team is looking at their draft board and thinking "X, Y, and Z players are going to be gone when we pick.   Would I rather take a chance on Austin Jackson or Josh Jones, or just go ahead and get Trent Williams?"

People have cited the strength of the OT draft class as a detriment to Trent's trade value, but I'm not sure it'll be as relevant to a team that's feeling some pressure to protect their QB right now.  Guys like Jones and Mekhi Becton and Austin Jackson are really raw.  They're not going to be playing consistent, high quality NFL reps for at least another year or two.  If you're worried about DeShaun Watson or Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray getting beat up in the meantime, trading a pick for Trent Williams is preferable.  Especially if he can be had for a second rounder and maybe some future change, or a 2021 first.

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Doubt they’d give up on drafting Jeudy/Lamb.  

Jets are in a tough spot at 11. They could Up after a run of 4 OTs from NYG/LAC/Arizona/Cleveland and miss on that first wave. They may value landing an elite LT over risking missing out on the 4 premier OTs in the top 10. Of course that could mean we miss out on one of the OTs. But you could add talent elsewhere at that spot, and divert some $$ to OT in free agency 

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

People have cited the strength of the OT draft class as a detriment to Trent's trade value, but I'm not sure it'll be as relevant to a team that's feeling some pressure to protect their QB right now.  

Is this true? I thought I'd read it was a great draft for right tackles, but not left. I may be misremembering though. Thing is though, Bruce set us up to fail.  Everyone knows we are sellers and so they will pitch as low as they think they can get away with. Still could work out if we get lucky and there are two, three teams that decide to get into an auction frenzy.

We won't get fair value, but there's a chance we could get good value. I think the floor is a 3 plus. After all, the Redskins can argue they will get a three for doing nothing. So, I figure the real starting bid is a 2. Hopefully, we can get a one or a one and some change.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Said yesterday the Jets, plus don’t rule out Bell as part of the trade if the jets will take a salary dump on his contract.

I'd only want Bell if we could make him part of a three team deal. Don't really want Bell and AP. That's too many grizzled running backs.

41 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW

I'm not disagreeing with you, but for Trent, not including last season he's missed time in each of the last 5 seasons. Peters was similar around that age, but Whitworth really hasn't missed much time. 

Anyway, what I'm getting at is Trent's 31, when you factor in his injuries which has happened from age 26, could be worse than Peters or Whitworth at that respective point in their career. 

I'd add, being off a year doesn't mean he's 100% healthy. Sometimes when players take a year off their bodies have difficult time getting in 'football shape', meaning they can't take the pounding. 

Here's where I'm setting my expectations - We won't get too much back in return. I'm setting these expectations for the following reasons: 

1 - Trent's been pretty dug in and it appears he's not giving the new regime much of a chance to change his mind. This just lowers the leverage the Redskins have in those negotiations. 

2 - Injury history.

3 - Ron Rivera's history - When a player is not a part of his team's future he seems willing to move on for little compensation. I'm thinking of the Josh Norman situation where he was under contract and when they realized Josh didn't want to be a Panther they moved on getting nothing in return (removed the franchise tag). That's not all on Rivera as he wasn't the GM, but I'm assuming he had a voice in that room.

4 - Whomever takes him on will be giving him a pretty big raise. That will cut into the draft pick compensation we can expect back. 

5 - I want to have low expectations - This might be the most important of the bunch. If I'm preparing myself for a 5th that can conditionally become a 3rd and it turns out to be better, I'll be happy. For this team with a new coach, GM and rebuilding the roster I want to give them a long leash. If I expect a 1st and it ends up to be a 4th then I'll be pissed, meanwhile I don't know all the details and if that was the best offer available. 

Archived