Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Well it’s official and now we’ll see how it turns out. Interested to see about the compensation. You gotta think we’ve decide to move on. I think we’ll try and squeeze a 1st outta someone, and very possibly could. And worst case scenario we’ll get multiple 2nd and/or 3rd picks. Those are my expectations..

I’ll miss TW..😥 but happy to get the draft capital.

7 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Well it’s official and now we’ll see how it turns out. Interested to see about the compensation. You gotta think we’ve decide to move on. I think we’ll try and squeeze a 1st outta someone, and very possibly could. And worst case scenario we’ll get multiple 2nd and/or 3rd picks. Those are my expectations..

I think we’ll get a second.  And the chances of that player turning out to be on Trents level is slim.

So Williams and his agent gets to work out a deal. The Redskins get to focus on the guys that will be here. If Williams' agent finds a suitor, the Redskins get to approve or disapprove the trade. Win-win. I'm also thinking this happens fairly quick. Sad to see him go, but I completely understand the business side of this situation. There is a cynical side of me that says Trent was probably going to pop a piss test and end up with a 10 game suspension anyway. But beyond that speculation, no one is really talking about the CBA and how that affects Trent's money. Trent is looking to earn his money under the current one where the cap increases pretty damn good. I makes perfect sense to be able to negotiate a new contract now. Alternatively, if he plays out this year with the Redskins (with no guaranteed money and not a clear CBA in place), he's in a similar situation that Earl Thomas was in (although Earl out played his contract and had no guaranteed money) when he broke his leg. Look, the leverage has always been with the owners. If players do not take a stand to earn what they believe they can earn, they will end up broke with medical bills. Facts. Right now, the player are being ask to play an additional game. Does that sound like a player safety move? Hell naw! The new CBA will allow players to smoke weed. Wow now that a freakin mazing!!! Where do I sign? Ridiculous to have to be allowed to smoke something that's not even a drug (but I won't go there although I guess I did). In the meantime, the revenue split will virtually stay the same. Bottom line is this....Trent go get you money man! We all should know by now that one player is not going to make or break a team (maybe the QB). Trent was great but the team still lost games, so the Redskins will move on without him. Hard feelins? **** no. Keep it movin.   

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I thought Cleveland said **** off when we asked for Ward. 

From what was said the Browns did reject throwing Ward in the deal back then.  The other ironic thing is two different reporters said the best offer at the end (the brief moment right before the trade deadline where the Redskins finally took offers seriously) wasn't Cleveland but another team.  Though I don't think that team was ever disclosed.  

The impression I got from those reports was Cleveland was more generous early on that season but Bruce had no interest in dealing with them.   But when Bruce changed his mind at the 11th hour and said he'd listen to offers right before the deadline, Cleveland's offer was smaller than it originally was and another team offered more.  Some beat guys said they were offered a first early on that season-pre season.  Some say they weren't offered that.  But the story they all seem to agree on in the 11th hour right before the trade deadline, the best offer they got was a 2nd (maybe a 2nd and change, I don't recall that part) and that offer wasn't from the Browns who supposedly offered less than the other mystery team. 

16 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I don't think theyve decided to move on. Just letting his agent do the leg work to see if he can get us something we like

On 10/15/2019 at 3:25 PM, Califan007 said:

Twitter rumors are also speculating Higgins and their 1st for Trent.

I wish I knew how to delete these old quoted posts I didn't finish, anyway on the topic of Denzel Ward, that just sounds clinically insane to me. We'd have to add something big to Trent to come close to that, let alone that and a pick. 

1 hour ago, skins2victory said:

For those saying we will only get a 3rd...... We would get a 3rd round comp pick for him next year. If we don't get a better offer then a 3rd, then you keep him on the roster. If he doesn't play, that's his call to lose out on money again. Next year he would be a FA, and we would get a 3rd anyway when he walks. I want to trade him, but if we don't get better value than a 3rd, then no deal.

Wrong about a 3rd comp pick next year. It would be the year after next -2022.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't give up hope on the 1st rounder....Oakland and Miami have multiple 1st round picks and Cleveland is desperate to win now. I can see Cleveland still offering their 1st if we tossed in a later round pick. Gruden might also be interested in a pro bowl left tackle. Another team who needs offensive line help is Minnesota and Kirk Cousins is there. Minnesota has very little cap room and might be willing to ship out Diggs and maybe a pick for TW....I could really see something like this happening. I heard on the NFL channel the other day that Minnesota has all kinds of decisions to make and that their window is closing...Kirk is only signed through this season and they are cash strapped....dumping Diggs for TW would work for them I'll bet. They can draft Diggs replacement. That being said, I wouldn't trade TW for Diggs...no way, there's too much WR talent in the draft that's way cheaper right now. 

I hope we do but I don't think that happens.  Last year yes, this year more unlikely.  I'd be happen with a high 2nd or a 2nd and another pick just to rid him from our team.  TW has been a distraction since all of last year.  We have a new coach, FO has changed, Allen is gone, new training and med staff and still TW complains.  I want a deal done like tomorrow and us to move on.  :) 

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yeah it would be for the draft after Trent puts in a contract year performance. You have to factor that in. A good season of LT and one issue we could potentially push down the line if needed. Just saying the trade has to be good for us to consider

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I don't believe we'd get a comp pick as we will be more active this year spending a lot more than those who we lose in FA.  Also, TW will be traded more than likely so no comp. pick if he is traded.

41 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Expectation management is in order. You and many others are setting yourselves up for a big disappointment.  I expect a 3rd and maybe lower pick - if we exceed that I'll be elated, if not I won't be crushed. 

So a couple obvious connections: Callahan is with the Browns and by all accounts he and Trent had a good relationship. And the Browns need a LT. 

And Jay is in Jax. For whatever that’s worth. Which is probably nothing. 

My big thing has been they need to be able to get his replacement with whatever they get back for him in a trade. Because Christian isn’t that guy

Pro-Bowl LT aren't easy to find. I know he is 31 but most good tackles are playing into their late 30's. Look at Jason Peters , Andrew Whitworth and Joe Staley.  Not sure why everyone is saying we would be lucky to get a 3rd. IMO the offers start at 2nd rounder and up. It could be a player and 2nd rounder or a 2nd and 3rd.  

I know Tunsil is younger but he went for two first and a 2nd  and we you all don't think we will even get a 2nd rounder? 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So a couple obvious connections: Callahan is with the Browns and by all accounts he and Trent had a good relationship. And the Browns need a LT. 

And Jay is in Jax. For whatever that’s worth. Which is probably nothing. 

My big thing has been they need to be able to get his replacement with whatever they get back for him in a trade. Because Christian isn’t that guy

they might be able to get another one year stop gap in free agency and get the future next year

2 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

Pro-Bowl LT aren't easy to find. I know he is 31 but most good tackles are playing into their late 30's. Look at Jason Peters , Andrew Whitworth and Joe Staley.  Not sure why everyone is saying we would be lucky to get a 3rd. IMO the offers start at 2nd rounder and up. It could be a player and 2nd rounder or a 2nd and 3rd.  

I know Tunsil is younger but he went for two first and a 2nd  and we you all don't think we will even get a 2nd rounder? 

yeah., it'll probably be hard to get a first unless it's like very late first or maybe a team with multiples, but a second + seems reasonable

1 minute ago, carex said:

they might be able to get another one year stop gap in free agency and get the future next year

Got to think that yes, they get a decent vet LOT for 1 or 2 years and draft TW's replacement this or next year.

2 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

Yeah but what you're not considering are two important aspects. One, the whole league knows he wants out of Washington. And two, he wants an exorbitant amount of money in a new deal. Both hinder our trade leverage big time.

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Yeah but what you're not considering are two important aspects. One, the whole league knows he wants out of Washington. And two, he wants an exorbitant amount of money in a new deal. Both hinder our trade leverage big time.

and 3) We hold the cards.  Skins have the right to nix or accept the offer at will.

Archived