Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I think this is exactly why we won't get anything that high for him. That ship has sailed.  Why would the rams trade us the 10th pick when they could just draft a young cheap guy? Granted Trent is / was a great player. But he is not in his prime and has an injury history. I see the risk in him not panning out due to injury and age, as high or higher than a first round tackle not panning out. Plus, the young guy is on a rookie deal. I would take the young guy at 10.

Exactly this. Andrew Thomas or a 32yo Trent Williams with a giant guaranteed contract and an injury history.

Best case is a late first this year or a 2021 1st. 

I do not think TW agent will be discussing trade terms with teams. The agent will talk to teams about willingness to do a long term deal and then will tell the Skins the teams TW would be happy to go to. The skins will then haggle with those teams on trade value. 

It is in the agents interest to get multiple teams interested.

19 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I think this is exactly why we won't get anything that high for him. That ship has sailed.  Why would the rams trade us the 10th pick when they could just draft a younger cheaper guy? Granted Trent is / was a great player. But he is not in his prime and has an injury history. I see the risk in him not panning out due to injury and age, as equal to or greater than a first round top 10 tackle not panning out. Plus, the young guy is on a rookie deal. I would take the young guy at 10.

Because the window is closing for some of these contending teams and they need to win sooner than later. Even our own coach, RR, is saying he isn't patient enough to rebuild. If you can get a pro bowl LT then just pencil him in and your offense can go to another level. At least that's how I see it. Also, young tackles can miss, TW is proven. Lots of comfort in proven.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

If we do end up getting the Rams 10th pick it will go to a Tackle. That is the prime spot to land one of the top 2 or 3 guys in the draft at the position.

FYI it's the Browns at ten. I think you may be right if a legit tackle is there however I think RR would still draft best player available regardless of position or trade down because this isn't a one year plan and we could use upgrades pretty much everywhere but DLine (assuming CY is drafted at two). 

59 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Exactly this. Andrew Thomas or a 32yo Trent Williams with a giant guaranteed contract and an injury history.

Best case is a late first this year or a 2021 1st. 

Except not the same... at all. There is no guarantee the lineman you draft will be a pro bowl talent, and healthy. Let’s look at the last 2 drafts for OL: 

2019 draft: 

#11 : Jonah Williams. Torn Labrum- missed whole season 

#14 : Chris Lindstrom : IR - played 5 games. Looked decent Though

#18 : Garrett Bradbury : poor season and ranked 30 out of 37 graded centers last year

#22 : Andre Dillard : inconclusive, due to Peters

#23 : Tytus Howard : Pretty good for at RT... yet still felt the need to trade two 1sts and a 2nd in the same year for a contract year LT!

#31 : Kaleb McGary : gave up 13 sacks ( 25% of all sacks) also ranked 72 of 81 eligible tackles 

2018 draft

#6 Quentin Nelson: absolute BEAST!

#9 Mike McGlinchey : good 

#15 Kolton Miller : worst of all rookie OL. 2019 has been much better

#20 Frank Ragnow : much better after a move from G to C

#21 Bill Price : lost job at C, bad at G. May be a bust

#23 Isaiah Wynn : injured 75% of his time in NE. Inconclusive 

So in conclusion, between two 1st rd drafts, I count 1 elite guard ( Nelson), one really good RT ( McGkinchey), and one decent-good RT ( Howard). Worse yet.. none of them play LT. 

Trent is guaranteed pro bowl ability at the LT. The #10 is worth the trade. 

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

If #10 is on the table, and I highly doubt it, but if it is... I trade him faster than you can hiccup. And then I take the BPA at #10.

Could be Thomas, Wills, Jeudy, Lamb or... Isaiah Simmons.

It's a total coronavirus-induced fever-crack dream, but can you imagine if they got Young and Simmons in the same draft?

I'd be happy with a 2nd and maybe a 4th? 5th?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Texans???  They have no draft picks to offer.  Unless they are offering Titus Howard, there is nothing they could offer that would be worth it.

I could see the Cards, but I'd want the 2nd and the 3rd.  Ditto Cleveland.

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns beat writer, says he wants 15M-16M/yr, guaranteed.

If this is right pay him and keep him if he is willing to do it. We have the space. I was all about the break when the 20 mill per season stuff was being thrown around. But 15 Mill per? He is worth that IMO. Hell we might have to end up paying Scherff, a guard, that to keep him.

Just now, mhd24 said:

The Texans???  They have no draft picks to offer.  Unless they are offering Titus Howard, there is nothing they could offer that would be worth it.

I could see the Cards, but I'd want the 2nd and the 3rd.  Ditto Cleveland.

They got trade capitol for Clowney.  So they got some picks to work with.  If Keim is right that a 2nd and third is the peak of what they can get for Trent, then I gather they would be in the running.  Bill O'Brien seems like a drunken sailor as for being willing to give up draft capitol.  If so maybe he ends up the best bet. 

TEXANS 2020 NFL DRAFT PICKS

2nd round (57th overall)
3rd round (90th overall)
4th round (from Miami, TBD)
4th round (TBD)
5th round (TBD)
7th round (TBD)

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Why would the Texans, who just traded for Tunsil, be interested?? 

Tunsil to RT?

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Texans don't have a 1st round pick like the Browns and Cardinals

Most who cover the team don't think we will get a first at this point.  I guess we will find out.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If this is right pay him and keep him if he is willing to do it. We have the space. I was all about the break when the 20 mill per season stuff was being thrown around. But 15 Mill per? He is worth that IMO. Hell we might have to end paying Scherff a guard that to keep him.

Cause everyone has ackowledged he just wants a change and wouldnt sign for that here.

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Cardinals are interesting. If they’re looking to offset salary I’ll take their first and David Johnson.

Maybe they want to trade Tunsil for Trent straight up given Tunsil's contract demands?

16 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Cardinals are interesting. If they’re looking to offset salary I’ll take their first and David Johnson.

Because Tunsil is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich compared to Trent William's Fillet Mignon. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Because Tunsil is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich compared to Trent William's Fillet Mignon. 

He actually had an elite grade at pass blocking last year, probably why he wants a new contract.

3 sacks given up and 20 hurries.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Because the window is closing for some of these contending teams and they need to win sooner than later. Even our own coach, RR, is saying he isn't patient enough to rebuild. If you can get a pro bowl LT then just pencil him in and your offense can go to another level. At least that's how I see it. Also, young tackles can miss, TW is proven. Lots of comfort in proven.

Yep, I get it and I would love to see it happen. It would't be the move I would make as armchair GM, but I hope you're right.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

He actually had an elite grade at run blocking last year, probably why he wants a new contract.

The fact that you say he had an elite grade at run blocking suggests he did not have an elite grade at pass blocking or overall. Trent is roundly considered one of the top five tackles in the league. Tunsil is probably in the top twenties.

Not picking on you just stating my opinion.

The reality is that Trent is more than likely consider an excellent, borderline elite, LT still in a league where not too many of those exist.

Sadly, it’s turned sour here for all the reasons discussed. But it’s done.

He’s been a bloody great player here. Let’s hope both sides benefit from this move. That way, we’ll both come out of it well.

Archived