Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, LightningBuggs said:

Honestly, I think the ceiling is a 3rd. Hope I’m wrong. 

He’s 31, oft-injured, and didn’t play last year. 

31 is not old for a pro bowl left tackle....and he's coming off a year of rest. Trent has lots left in the tank and he seems motivated. Jason Peters is 38 and still looking to play. No way we should settle for less than a high 2nd round pick for TW....no way. I would ask for a 2nd in 2020 and a pick in 2021 or a player of use like a Stefon Diggs or the corner from Detroit who wants out.

ESPN’s John Keim reported back then that the Redskins were seeking a first-round pick for Williams, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported the organization was asking for big-name players such as 2018 No. 4 overall pick Denzel Ward as part of the deal. Keim also said no one came close to what the Redskins wanted.

One NFL talent evaluator estimated that Williams has at least four Pro Bowl-caliber seasons left in him, which might be enough to help get the Browns to a championship level.

The Browns would likely have to weigh giving up the No. 10 overall pick for Williams as opposed to drafting one of the top blindside protectors in this left-tackle rich draft.

New Redskins coach Ron Rivera has been talking to Williams and hoped to keep him, but the club gave him permission to seek his own deal on Thursday, according to Russini.

The Browns also have a strong connection to Peters, who spent the 2019 season in Philadelphia with Berry as assistant GM to Howie Roseman.

Peters is 38 and would be more of a stopgap measure than Williams, but would still give the Browns an elite player at the position for a few years.

It should have happened a long time ago IMO. OT's are going to go fast and often in all likelihood in the draft. I'd love Josh Jones but doubt we'll get the ammo in a Trent deal alone to pull it off.  I know Germain Ifedi was awful most of the time in Seattle but he's still young and his performance should lower his asking price. Ditto with CB Trae Waynes. 

I just hope the Skins end up agreeing to a trade because I believe TW has no desire to continue in B&G and will play injuries games with us now and want just to get paid the last year of his deal.  By us even have him sitting out has no value to us and he ages another year and his value continues to go down.  Skins should take a 2nd and move on and yes Allen did diminish TW's trade value when he didn't trade him last year, thus the 2nd round pick.  It'd be great to get a 1st I don't see it happening.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

I just hope the Skins end up agreeing to a trade because I believe TW has no desire to continue in B&G and will play injuries games with us now and want just to get paid the last year of his deal.  By us even have him sitting out has no value to us and he ages another year and his value continues to go down.  Skins should take a 2nd and move on and yes Allen did diminish TW's trade value when he didn't trade him last year, thus the 2nd round pick.  It'd be great to get a 1st I don't see it happening.  

Don't give up hope on the 1st rounder....Oakland and Miami have multiple 1st round picks and Cleveland is desperate to win now. I can see Cleveland still offering their 1st if we tossed in a later round pick. Gruden might also be interested in a pro bowl left tackle. Another team who needs offensive line help is Minnesota and Kirk Cousins is there. Minnesota has very little cap room and might be willing to ship out Diggs and maybe a pick for TW....I could really see something like this happening. I heard on the NFL channel the other day that Minnesota has all kinds of decisions to make and that their window is closing...Kirk is only signed through this season and they are cash strapped....dumping Diggs for TW would work for them I'll bet. They can draft Diggs replacement. That being said, I wouldn't trade TW for Diggs...no way, there's too much WR talent in the draft that's way cheaper right now. 

Lots to dissect here.

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You make good points but some of what you're saying you can't say for certain. If Christian is ready then yeah, play him over a free agent, but I don't know that he is. And, I wouldn't pay Peters a lot of money either....when I say get him it's under the assumption that we need him and that he would be a wise/reasonable signing.

Some of what you are saying you can't be certain either. Neither of us are in the locker room or in the FO so we are just talking - which is exactly why we are here 🙂  Having said that, I think we are much closer that further. I am sure you don't want Peters at any cost. You just maybe like him a bit more as a stop gap than I do.

"Haskins will need to learn to protect himself anyway"? Are you kidding me? We just saw our starting QB almost LOSE HIS LEG and he was a veteran who damn well knows how to protect himself.....left tackle is the most crucial position on the line for a right handed QB, I'm sure you know that.

That was a fluke and could happen no matter who is playing LT. In the end, you really need a log term solution. Again, I will offer a middle ground. If they decide after physicals Peters has another 3 yrs or more in him, then fine But he is 38. That is aweful old for NFL player not a QB.

Peters is far from horrible too....I believe the Eagles probably are letting him test the market the same we are doing with Trent....it's not because they think he sucks that they're letting him test free agency. Jason Peters is arguably a hall of fame left tackle, he doesn't suck.....

Not sure where you got the impression I thought Peters was horrible. When I used that word is that I was not advocating just putting a body there as opposed to Peters. Even at 38 I am sure Peters can still paly at a better level than many playing. My issue is with age and injury and the desire to fin the long term solution sooner than later.

One more thing, maybe signing Peters while Trent is shopping himself allows us to up our demands for a return in any potential deal? He would give us great leverage.

Maybe, but I would see it the other way in that we have to move him not wanting 2 big contracts on the books at one position.

The good thing is they have options. Should be a fun ride. At least better than the one we were on with Bruce leading he team.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Lots to dissect here.

Some of what you are saying you can't be certain either. Neither of us are in the locker room or in the FO so we are just talking - which is exactly why we are here 🙂  Having said that, I think we are much closer that further. I am sure you don't want Peters at any cost. You just maybe like him a bit more as a stop gap than I do.

That was a fluke and could happen no matter who is playing LT. In the end, you really need a log term solution. Again, I will offer a middle ground. If they decide after physicals Peters has another 3 yrs or more in him, then fine But he is 38. That is aweful old for NFL player not a QB.

Not sure where you got the impression I thought Peters was horrible. When I used that word is that I was not advocating just putting a body there as opposed to Peters. Even at 38 I am sure Peters can still paly at a better level than many playing. My issue is with age and injury and the desire to fin the long term solution sooner than later.

Maybe, but I would see it the other way in that we have to move him not wanting 2 big contracts on the books at one position.

The good thing is they have options. Should be a fun ride. At least better than the one we were on with Bruce leading he team.

If we sign another left tackle while shopping TW we will be right back to where we were last season....we can wait out every team in the league until they lose their LT and need to make a deal. It could/would be risky but we have the cap space to do it. Chances are we would find a deal that suits us. I also think this new CBA has agents going especially crazy looking for more money....the cap ceiling is supposedly going waaaaay up. 

For those saying we will only get a 3rd...... We would get a 3rd round comp pick for him next year. If we don't get a better offer then a 3rd, then you keep him on the roster. If he doesn't play, that's his call to lose out on money again. Next year he would be a FA, and we would get a 3rd anyway when he walks. I want to trade him, but if we don't get better value than a 3rd, then no deal.

1 minute ago, skins2victory said:

For those saying we will only get a 3rd...... We would get a 3rd round comp pick for him next year. If we don't get a better offer then a 3rd, then you keep him on the roster. If he doesn't play, that's his call to lose out on money again. Next year he would be a FA, and we would get a 3rd anyway when he walks. I want to trade him, but if we don't get better value than a 3rd, then no deal.

That 3rd round comp goes away if you sign anyone noteworthy in FA. The 3rd for Trent would be higher and guaranteed.

19 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

If he leaves in 2021, we wouldn't be able to get the 3rd round comp pick until 2022.  Picks for the next year are generally devalued by a round in the current year.  So a 3rd round comp pick in 2022 really equals a late 5th round pick now.  And that's if a team is even willing enough to break the bank for a 34 year old OT to net us a 3rd round comp pick if we don't sign any other major FAs.

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Is Mary Kay Cabot serious Saying the Browns might have to consider giving up #10?! Twitter is saying yeah right but she’s the Browns long time beat.

I mean holy ****. I’d be happy with 41 or a 2 and Njoku. #10?!?!

Guess it depends how hot the seat is for Cleveland to produce. One more bad season for baker, I could see fan support turning. 

I mean, even without Big Ben, Juju, and Conner most of the season, Cleveland still were taken to the shed. Now Cinci is reloading with the top qb in the draft, and a healthy AJ Green. They might feel the pressure here. I think regardless they will finish behind both baltimore and Pittsburgh, but I will gladly run with their 1st. 

Did Craig Hoffman day the Skins best players in the last 25 years were: Trent Williams, Chris Samuels and... Santana Moss?

Thats certainly a take. 

Not to take away anything from Santana. He had some of the biggest moments I can remember...

But... 25 years takes us to 1995. Jon Jansen, Stephen Davis, Clinton Portis, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Sean Taylor, London Fletcher, Ken Harvey, Chris Cooley... 

I’m not going to say it’s not Moss. But I don’t know how DG and ST21 aren’t on that list.

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If he leaves in 2021, we wouldn't be able to get the 3rd round comp pick until 2022.  Picks for the next year are generally devalued by a round in the current year.  So a 3rd round comp pick in 2022 really equals a late 5th round pick now.  And that's if a team is even willing enough to break the bank for a 34 year old OT to net us a 3rd round comp pick if we don't sign any other major FAs.

So we can trade all our 3rds this year for 1sts two years from now?

See the source image

Archived