Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Blake Bottles Bench

TK

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's a side benefit, everyone you're describing mostly wants a house cleaning in the FO and coaching staff, describing it otherwise is disingenuous imo

There's ZERO guarantee any "housecleaning" takes place even if the Skins lose out. So the mentality of wanting and rooting for losses in the hopes of maybe possibly having something happen is abso-stinkin-lutely a loser's mentality. At least wanting to lose out for a higher draft pick, the higher pick is indeed guaranteed.

Want a better philosophy to root for? That the Skins win AND Allen gets shown the door. And, yes, it's possible...and worth cheering for.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's a side benefit, everyone you're describing mostly wants a house cleaning in the FO and coaching staff, describing it otherwise is disingenuous imo

You might, but that's not the typical history of this board in regards to reasons for intentionally losing.  Promise you if this was a better QB draft, the suck for whoever arguments would be in damn near every thread again, think most of us have just finally had our fill of huge swathes of the franchise again.  A lot of upsets, blowouts, and **** we saw coming.  If you were at this one, would you have cheered or sneered?

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

@Califan007 I can't quote because of this wonderful board, but this is a reply to your last post. 

A higher draft pick is not the primary reason I want to lose. I want to drop these meaningless games because I think it would increase the odds of Bruce getting tossed on his ear and installing someone who has a clue in his position. 

Bruce has got to go even if we win the super bowl. He is the reason we went from 6-3 to 6-7 and he is the reason we owe a lot of money to someone who might not be able to play again.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

There's ZERO guarantee any "housecleaning" takes place even if the Skins lose out. So the mentality of wanting and rooting for losses in the hopes of maybe possibly having something happen is abso-stinkin-lutely a loser's mentality. At least wanting to lose out for a higher draft pick, the higher pick is indeed guaranteed.

Want a better philosophy to root for? That the Skins win AND Allen gets shown the door. And, yes, it's possible...and worth cheering for.

I don't care about all that. I know we disagree already. I only engaged in order to point out that simply labeling that group as people who "want a higher draft pick" was disingenuous because whether you agree or not, it's clear the main reason behind it is wanting Allen and Gruden fired, and you're minimizing it. imo.

I understand wanting losses in order to ditch Allen and Gruden. 

If that happens I want it to be because we just don’t have the horses or the coaching brainpower. I DO NOT want it to be because the players give up. They’ve reached a good place attitude-wise. I want them to keep that going into next year. They’re going to need it.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I can't like this enough, you're my hero.

26 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Why is simply "making the playoffs" or "winning the division" the constant goal around here?!

Talk about a loser mentality. 

I wasn't around for the Super Bowl days. Was making the playoffs the goal then too, and the trophies were just icing on the cake?

I remember when the goal was to JUST BEAT the Cowboys...the rest of the season was entertainment. George Allen teams were loved if the ONLY beat the Boys. BUT I will caveat that with IF THEY PLAYED HARD and didn't embarrass the franchise. My big complaint with Gruden is that his teams are up and down on effort..it takes a humiliating loss to generate the attitude that should be consistent every week

14 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Draft pick position > meaningless wins.

But I'm more worried about getting rid of the GM and head coach. Losing would make it more obvious to our incompetent owner that he needs to clean house and start over.

Draft pick position holds little value if you have a quality GM. It's holds almost no value if you have a mediocre-at-best GM.

And I've never heard of a "winning culture" resulting from double-digit losses.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Yes they did it again. Give me a small chance of hope that we might get to the playoffs. 

No realistic but it is possible. Keeping Kirk out of playoffs football would be bitter sweet. 

Bitter sweet?!?  Keeping “Kurt” out of the paloffs would be UNBELIEVABLY sweet, that would make my year!  

31 minutes ago, Hogs 1991 said:

To the the diehard/true Redskins believers who continued on believing, major congrats. WE deserved the hell out of this; and to the officiating that kept on hating.... I mean officiating, #WashingtonRedskinsLivesMatter

I just don't understand the dick measuring contests between fans as to who is a diehard/true fan and who isn't.  Just because some of us might disagree on certain things about this team doesn't mean one fan is better than the other.  All of us spend too much time on this site, arguing about things such as who should be the starting QB to which way Morgan Moses leans when he lets a fart fly on the bench.   If you're posting on this site you're a diehard fan. 

Some of us want to lose out, fire everyone and start over.  Some want us to win out, get a playoff berth, fates of Jay and Bruce be damned. 

One viewpoint doesn't make someone better than someone else.  We all want what we think is best for this team, we might just disagree on what that is.

21 minutes ago, Newera said:

The boys benefited heavily with three home games in a row.  Went on road and got waxed by a better than you realize colts team.

Colts are killing it right now.  Luck is going to end up with 40+ touchdowns, most likely.  An amazing comeback by him.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

which way Morgan Moses leans when he lets a fart fly on the bench. 

If you don’t think he leans to the left, well then i dont Know what to say other than you obviously don’t watch much football. Anyone who thinks it’s to the right is just kidding themselves. 

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

@Califan007 I can't quote because of this wonderful board, but this is a reply to your last post. 

A higher draft pick is not the primary reason I want to lose. I want to drop these meaningless games because I think it would increase the odds of Bruce getting tossed on his ear and installing someone who has a clue in his position. 

If I told ya the tooth fairy don't exist would you quit rooting for the Redskins to lose?

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Draft pick position holds little value if you have a quality GM. It's holds almost no value if you have a mediocre-at-best GM.

And I've never heard of a "winning culture" resulting from double-digit losses.

I agree.  Draft pick position can be a positive, but not always.

when I see votes for biggest 1st round busts this year, Vita Vea usually leads the vote.  He may well have been the Redskins pick if they were choosing higher in the last draft.  The Skins had to go for Payne once he was the best DT left.  Kind of like how Cowboys fans were so excited to be able to pick Roy Williams, instead of Ed Reed later in the draft to fill the need at safety.  Enjoy the wins, and still find good players.  That is the goal in my opinion.

I think the other argument is that the higher draft pick really counts for the first round. How many great players are available after the first round every draft? If you draft 17 versus 5, sure you miss  a "blue chipper" but there are always guys we are drooling over in rounds 2, 3, 4, etc. So, that means that while we will miss on the next can't miss bust (or super star) We still have a chance to draft the next bust or superstar.

2 hours ago, Newera said:

The boys benefited heavily with three home games in a row.  Went on road and got waxed by a better than you realize colts team.

I dont know why more hasnt been made of this, but rest and preparation is everything in the NFL.

1- Thanksgiving day...cowpokes play at home

2- Cowboys play again on Thurs with full week practice at home Saints have to travel after playing Sunday

3- Eagles play Monday Night get 6 days off and have to play at Dallas, Cowpokes get 10 days.

End of the day NFL is a fixed, no owner or coach complains because they are all making sooo much money!

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

There is something to this.  Enough have said Bruce could stay here regardless of what happens down the stretch.  My thought is either you win out or lose out -- nothing to gain by splitting the difference.  Having said that, there is nothing you can do about that one way or another so since they won, hope they win out

looks like Vegas doesn't take our chances that seriously

Archived