Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Blake Bottles Bench

TK

now im annoyed that I didn't stick around to see this one through lol. sounds like it got quite exciting after halftime: 

- crazy catch by Crowder?

- Josh Johnson playing well and showing some great emotion on the sideline

- (clutch?) INT

- AP running well and busting open some big ones?

- time-expiring, game-winning FG?

hope I can find a clip of highlights on YouTube tomorrow.

still want Gruden and Bruce gone though. 2 more wins and we're in there? lol

3 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I dont know why more hasnt been made of this, but rest and preparation is everything in the NFL.

1- Thanksgiving day...cowpokes play at home

2- Cowboys play again on Thurs with full week practice at home Saints have to travel after playing Sunday

3- Eagles play Monday Night get 6 days off and have to play at Dallas, Cowpokes get 10 days.

End of the day NFL is a fixed, no owner or coach complains because they are all making sooo much money!

The saints played on thanksgiving at home against the Falcons.

What happens after the season will happen. It's sad that these last two or three games can be so critical, but I'm really getting to my Vinny levels of IDGAF with the front office. To me it's clear there are still problems there, and if we can draft why don't we play them, if we can't draft then why are they still employed? But employed or not I've only got 16 games so it's hard to root for a rebuild when those things are their own perpetual problems and cycles of coaches. 

Best bet is we get lucky like in 2010 when we passed on Okung and got TW, or when we passed on Gabbert and got Kerrigan, or a certain 4th round QB. Who's the next Dak? Can we find a Tyrod Taylor this year? 

40 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’m not among the group that thinks Josh Johnson has a future with this team, but...

4 scoring drives against this D is pretty good, particularly considering the other obstacles he faced.  

Johnson brings a lot of energy and appears to have a nice arm and decent legs. I’d give him a chance at camp to be a backup. 

1 hour ago, Yng Lady88 said:

now im annoyed that I didn't stick around to see this one through lol. sounds like it got quite exciting after halftime: 

- crazy catch by Crowder?

- Josh Johnson playing well and showing some great emotion on the sideline

- (clutch?) INT

- AP running well and busting open some big ones?

- time-expiring, game-winning FG?

hope I can find a clip of highlights on YouTube tomorrow.

still want Gruden and Bruce gone though. 2 more wins and we're in there? lol

Did ya just quit watching?

1 hour ago, Yng Lady88 said:

I do regret it but im a battered fan, can you blame me?

You've got to go the multiple screens route. Have one set on the Skins game and the other on a movie that's going to make you smile. Or do something like chores around the house with the tv as background noise. 

5 hours ago, Yng Lady88 said:

I did lol at halftime. I went to make food and binge Netflix. I do regret it but im a battered fan, can you blame me?

Well to each there own...ya couldn't tell we were in the game when Kerrigan strip sacked there qb?...or or even when we scored first?...sure it was only a field goal but ya know what happens when we score first in a game this season don't ya..WE WIN!! Lol..I hope whatever was on Netflix was worth it ..lol jk..

11 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

What happens after the season will happen. It's sad that these last two or three games can be so critical, but I'm really getting to my Vinny levels of IDGAF with the front office. To me it's clear there are still problems there, and if we can draft why don't we play them, if we can't draft then why are they still employed? But employed or not I've only got 16 games so it's hard to root for a rebuild when those things are their own perpetual problems and cycles of coaches. 

Best bet is we get lucky like in 2010 when we passed on Okung and got TW, or when we passed on Gabbert and got Kerrigan, or a certain 4th round QB. Who's the next Dak? Can we find a Tyrod Taylor this year? 

I hear ya’ man.  We’re in a tough spot in a way - we’re not that far away from being a very competitive team, but at the same time, looking at performances vs the Saints, Falcons and Giants, it feels like a bridge too far for us.  More specifically, I see us as 2-3 good players away on O and D, but our qb situation is a mess.  Draft a 1st rounder this year, and that’s (at least) one less chance to add a good player.  Wait til 2020 and we’re likely having to give up significant resources to trade up.  

11 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

Johnson brings a lot of energy and appears to have a nice arm and decent legs. I’d give him a chance at camp to be a backup. 

Yeah, that’s fair.  I mostly wanted to be clear I don’t see him as some sort of potential savior.  I might be inclined to carry him over Colt next due to injury and cost, though I’d hope they at least wind up with a promising young guy to groom.  

Archived