Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Blake Bottles Bench

TK

If winning this game or any other this season is what determines Bruce Allen’s fate then we’ve already lost. Anything we do next year, whether keeping Bruce Allen or hiring someone else won’t matter, we’ll still be losers. Allens fate should’ve been sealed before this year.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I started a thread that year to see how many people wanted to lose our last home game to the Vikings and it was close to 40% and we only won two of our last 12 games, our last two not being one of them.  How about a losing culture with a losers mentality would pick a QB that didn't have a routing tree in college even if we didn't have to trade up?  Rooting for losing won't fix that if the reason we're losing is still keeping us losing.  The stadium is half-empty now most games, if that doesn't get Snyder's attention, nothing will, we're at that point now.

So your argument is that it would have been just as bad to draft Griffin at our natural draft slot as it was trading multiple 1sts to trade up for Griffin? If that's not your point, then I don't know what you're arguing. 

12 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Redskins fans are like parents that have a child with Behavior issue, adhd, ocd and mild autism......yet get upset if the child turns out to be a CDL truck driver making 75k a year....NO MY KID MUST BE A BIG TIME DOCTOR

This year we dont have much to work with.

This is the worst analogy I've ever read, but I appreciated it.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I wouldn't hate bringing Gruden back. After all, I think with Alex Smith's situation being an albatross that prevents this team from likely getting a first string QB then I think we could only recruit a second tier coaching prospect. That said, I would like to see Allen gone. He's been here almost a decade and has a losing average. In fact, it ain't close. The excuses are gone. Also, while we have had two good drafts in a row... if we look at this team healthy or injured, we are lacking gamechangers and stars.

We need change.

I am down with this. Thing is IF you change the GM you can most likely kiss Gruden goodbye. You may keep him for a year like McCarthey in GB this season. But a new GM will want his guy sooner than later.

21 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The defense was dominant today.  It doesn't seem like it because the scoreboard was close, but that was more on the offense.  The defense essentially gave up 6 points, as the TD was on special teams.

The game likely would have been lost had it not been for the INT on the Jags final drive.   

Eh. The defense played well, but it was against one of the worst offenses in the NFL, with a QB situation just about as bad as ours is. They've been exposed by good offenses this year. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was in the actual stadium last weekend and this conversation was happening plenty. Again you're wrong.

What's wrong? That doesn't happen or wrong that we shouldn't be in the stadium rooting for our team to lose?  You paid to go root against them in person?  Did they or just acknowledge the reality that this does change our draft position?  Those are not the same thing might I add, which I think you're missing in this conversation.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What's wrong? That doesn't happen or wrong that we shouldn't be in the stadium rooting for our team to lose?  You paid to go root against them in person?  Did they or just acknowledge the reality that this does change our draft position?  Those are not the same thing might I add, which I think you're missing in this conversation.

I paid for tickets in August to see them play as part of a vacation in DC, meeting up with a buddy. Not the kind of thing you just don't go to even during a lost season, so no I didn't specifically pay to go "root for them to lose". Everyone in that stadium I encountered who was a Redskins fan (and there weren't many of us) was disgruntled, expected a loss, and once it got bad enough started rooting for Gruden and Allen to go. The bathrooms were full of people talking about how it would be better to lose out and rebuild.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So your argument is that it would have been just as bad to draft Griffin at our natural draft slot as it was trading multiple 1sts to trade up for Griffin? If that's not your point, then I don't know what you're arguing.

I started a thread on my feelings about tanking and even brought research papers into the discussion, one I paid for.  Having a solid organization making picks no matter where they land is more successful then intentionally losing in hopes of getting a high one and it being a franchise changing player. 

If any organization is convinced that the only way to win is to lose, they probably don't have a real plan for once they get that star player, which is why typically when you see a team do that even if they get that star player they can't surround it with anything to really take it over the top.  My Wizards are an example, the Colts only getting on ring out Peyton and collapsing the second he got hurt is another, Rodgers about to miss the playoffs is the perfect example of even having an elite QB not being enough if the front office can give him what he needs to be successful and win multiple rings.

Yes, it would've been just as bad to pick him no matter what.  How do you instill any sort of accountability in a franchise when you are basically giving people a free pass on being accountable?  That's what you're saying when its okay to intentionally lose, you want to kill that, not encourage it.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I paid for tickets in August to see them play as part of a vacation in DC, meeting up with a buddy. Not the kind of thing you just don't go to even during a lost season, so no I didn't specifically pay to go "root for them to lose". Everyone in that stadium I encountered who was a Redskins fan (and there weren't many of us) was disgruntled, expected a loss, and once it got bad enough started rooting for Gruden and Allen to go. The bathrooms were full of people talking about how it would be better to lose out and rebuild.

That was after being down 34-0 at halftime at home, not hitting a walkoff FG on the road.  Don't you see the difference there?

All in all you got to give it to this team.  Yea that Jags offense and QB are almost as bad as us, but don't forget that D is damn good.  that same D kept the Colts scoreless, the same Colts that beat 23-0 the boys today.  Got to give JJ an A for effort.  Yes we were lucky, especially that pass to Crowder should never been completed, but then again Davis dropped a perfect pass for similar yardage in the first half.  This team is decimated with injuries, I mean other than the front 7 (and you guys saw what difference The Greek made today) we have also a banged up secondary.  

A-for effort, but you know what?  The front office and Gruden made a HUGE mistake by bringing in Sanchez.  Honestly they probably thought he will never play because the move IMO was Kap.  Kap back there now, much more athletic than JJ would have the offense playing better.

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am down with this. Thing is IF you change the GM you can most likely kiss Gruden goodbye. You may keep him for a year like McCarthey in GB this season. But a new GM will want his guy sooner than later.

… and I'm okay with that. Let the Redskins suffer in 2019 which they most likely will with no starting caliber QB. Then, in 2020 grab your QB prospect and your new coach. If Gruden surprises and makes magic in 2019 keep him, but start the evaluation and Front Office evolution now.

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If we do end up making the playoffs, coach of the year. Still got to tell Bruce to **** off though.

Honestly - I don’t think highly of Gruden’s coaching ability.  But if the Skins fired Allen and gave Gruden 1-2 more years I would gladly take this.  Allen bigger evil than Jay, in my book.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I started a thread on my feelings about tanking and even brought research papers into the discussion, one I paid for.  Having a solid organization making picks no matter where they land is more successful then intentionally losing in hopes of getting a high one and it being a franchise changing player. 

I don't want to tank for a specific "franchise changing player", I want this current regime fired and replaced. You're not even arguing the same thing I am. You brought the Griffin draft into this only because you erroneously posted that losing badly for a franchise player didn't work that year--and I felt the need to correct you that if they hadn't wont that pointless game down the stretch, they wouldn't have needed to trade all those picks to make that pick, and things would have been better.

If any organization is convinced that the only way to win is to lose, they probably don't have a real plan for once they get that star player, which is why typically when you see a team do that even if they get that star player they can't surround it with anything to really take it over the top. 

I don't want the organization to want to lose. I want them to end up losing out in a lost season so that Gruden and Allen are fired. I don't want the regime in place to benefit from losing out, I want losing out to be final straw to oust them. Again, you're posting things that have no relation to what I'm talking about.

the Colts only getting on ring out Peyton and collapsing the second he got hurt is another

There's so much wrong in this post I just have to go point by point. The Colts would disagree here because not winning meaningless games in a lost season after Peyton got hurt is exactly how they got their current franchise QB, Andrew Luck. Possibly the best example in current history if you're going to insist on talking about "tanking" for a player. Which is not something I am talking about.

Yes, it would've been just as bad to pick him no matter what.  How do you instill any sort of accountability in a franchise when you are basically giving people a free pass on being accountable?  That's what you're saying when its okay to intentionally lose, you want to kill that, not encourage it.

Huh? It is objectively worse to trade 2 extra 1sts and more to draft Griffin that year than to lose an extra game and get him at no additional cost. There is no argument against that, you make no sense here.

As for the rest...again, I am hoping that an obvious losing streak would make our idiot owner hold Allen and Gruden "accountable". Nobody is talking about intentionally losing or tanking or whatever you're rambling on about. The players and coaches obviously don't want to lose, they have jobs they're trying to save (which they may have, and that's the problem). I wanted the outcome to be a loss anyways so that there COULD be accountability and a house cleaning.  Nobody is saying they want the TEAM to want to lose, that really doesn't exist.

All in all at no point are you even having the same conversation I'm having, at all.

If jay had a good gm he could get 10-11 wins a year..... and I think he is improving a bit each year. He’s in the top 60 percent of coaches. I’d rather have him than garret or shermur 

1 minute ago, carex said:

Gruden has been here five years and we've only been down  at halftime 14 times?

I think that the guy who posted that might have been saying in games we lost when we were down in the first half we lost 14 times....

Archived