Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Blake Bottles Bench

TK

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Actually I do on Allen, but I'm tired of saying it since some people would rather lose to make sure. Getting rid of Allen is more important anyway, a smart GM will replace Jay.

We've had this discussion before, i figured the last time people got their wish in losing games for better position to get high draft QB it worked out so well for us we should do it again, right?

Uh, actually that crowd DIDN'T get their wish and we won a meaningless game at the end of that year which then necessitated trading our entire future for that bust QB. So...again, your post doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, cougs said:

I am not rooting for the Skins to lose. I just want us to realize what we just won. Another year of good. Is that what we want? This win won us another year if Allen and Gruden. Is that really a win. 

yes, I do want good.  I never demand or expect great.  great is a pleasant surprise

2 minutes ago, cougs said:

I am not rooting for the Skins to lose. I just want us to realize what we just won. Another year of good. Is that what we want? This win won us another year if Allen and Gruden. Is that really a win. 

yes, I do want good.  I never demand or expect great.  great is a pleasant surprise

9 minutes ago, Gary Clark Fan said:

Haha.  Unreal.  Gruden is going to survive this season.  😂

He was going to survive this season even if we lost today and the next 2 games. No owner is going to kick their coach out after the starting QB breaks his leg and might not even be able to play again and then the backup breaks his leg and then Marky Mark comes in and does his one hit wonder and then is replaced with a QB who has been on almost on all 31 teams.

You must live in a reality that is different then the real one.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Meanwhile, with every win we get a lower draft pick and Jay/Bruce get closer to sticking around after another overwhelmingly mediocre year. 

This.

It’s such a conflicting place to be in.  I can’t help but root for them to win, even if I know it’s not really good for us.  Felt the same way earlier in the season.  For me, this group of Redskins winning is equivalent to fast food.  It tastes good and it fills me up, but I know it’s not good for me and I’ll live to regret it later.

Just now, carex said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I was always taught to set your expectations to the highest achievable goal. I feel with the front office we have we never really believe in that goal. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

FFS, we just won on the road with a game winning FG and people are mad?  Why are you even here?  Go do some yard work or something.

We're all on this ****ed up, currently barely functioning message board to discuss this **** franchise with each other at the absolute height of Redskins apathy, so let's all do each other the basic courtesy of not dictating HOW we are fans. We all obviously care, keep the fan card comment bull**** to yourself.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't think it's really people "wanting to lose" but more a sense of general malaise. Were all Skins fans and winning ALWAYS feels good in general. However, I think we all know it's incredibly unlikely that we'll reach the playoffs and if we somehow got lucky and managed to squeak in we'd likely be embarrassed in our first playoff game. Meanwhile, with every win we get a lower draft pick and Jay/Bruce get closer to sticking around after another overwhelmingly mediocre year. 

I agree 100% with this.

Basically this will be an excuse to sell to Snyder that they shouldn't throw away all of their momentum and hard work and continue to build the team with Bruce and etc.  I think it's a lot like the Matrix, we've been down that road, and know where it ends.  Bruce will keep going with his we only need 3 legs of a chair and completely neglect either running, passing, defense, or special teams, and will not learn anything about depth or the value of homegrown players or those who stay healthy.  Getting rid of KC and Fuller was crazy because this team with those two guys could have been a contender and instead have signed a huge contract to someone who we are just praying gets healthy, forget playing football.  The second guy up gets destroyed, very similar injury, and prior to that the guy that Bruce spent 3 or 4 1st round drafts to get also gets blown up with a very similar injury.   I have 0 confidence Bruce will learn from mistakes, put together a complete team, and one with depth.  And so this win curses the Redskins for more of the same at best, at worst, maybe 3-10 or 6-10 seasons. 

It basically allows Bruce to sell, we just need to keep building instead of Dan seeing that it's time for a rebuild.

Just now, Vladimir L said:

Are you guys idiots? How is this Grudens fault he has been solid this year.

No team wins on it 4th QB or with 3 out of 5 lineman missing. Also we have a Geriatric RB who disappears in and has a good game every other game.

Allen is to blame for not having good back ups.

I can’t speak for wverybody, but yes I’m an adiot.  But that’s irrelevant.  Gruden  may not  control injured players but he controls game planning, clock mgmt, game prep, in game adjustments, etc.  None of these things he does well.  

The defense was dominant today.  It doesn't seem like it because the scoreboard was close, but that was more on the offense.  The defense essentially gave up 6 points, as the TD was on special teams.

The game likely would have been lost had it not been for the INT on the Jags final drive.   

2 minutes ago, Csup said:

I can’t speak for wverybody, but yes I’m an adiot.  But that’s irrelevant.  Gruden  may not  control injured players but he controls game planning, clock mgmt, game prep, in game adjustments, etc.  None of these things he does well.  

Gruden has managed the team well even got us a win this year when he told the ref to watch out for the snap infraction.

We dont have talent. Right now Buffalo has more talent than we do. We have a better record than the Browns and they are more talented. Hell the Vikings have way more talent than we do. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Uh, actually that crowd DIDN'T get their wish and we won a meaningless game at the end of that year which then necessitated trading our entire future for that bust QB. So...again, your post doesn't make sense.

Redskins final win in 2011 was with three games left.  The way 2011 played out we probably would have needed to actively tried to lose for most of the season like the Colts did to not be in that situation

Here is the thing, yes it is true, if a team is on it's 4th QB, they are likely not going to win games, however the signs of a downfall were there as soon as that Atlanta game happened and the weakness in the defense was found.   The defense got this team to the 6-3 record, affording the offense the mission with a "Just don't mess this up" strategy. As soon as the defense stopped being very good, it became apparent the offense was not good enough (regardless of the QB) to make up for opponents scoring over 20ish points.  

4 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Are you guys idiots? How is this Grudens fault he has been solid this year.

No team wins on it 4th QB or with 3 out of 5 lineman missing. Also we have a Geriatric RB who disappears in and has a good game every other game.

Allen is to blame for not having good back ups.

I can’t think of any other team that ever was on its 5th offensive guards and 4th quarterback.

you can only have so much depth

cant blame Allen for the injuries , can blame  him on allowing the chance of this occurring because he signs high level talent with injury history to save money .

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The defense was dominant today.  It doesn't seem like it because the scoreboard was close, but that was more on the offense.  The defense essentially gave up 6 points, as the TD was on special teams.

The game likely would have been lost had it not been for the INT on the Jags final drive.   

Agreed. I was saying earlier in the thread that the defense has enough talent to attract a good head coach IF the Skins decide to move on from Gruden. The offense needs a total rebuild. But there are real building block pieces on the defensive side of the ball.

Archived