Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Blake Bottles Bench

TK

Just now, Burgold said:

I can't decide if I'm happy about this win. I mean I like that we won, but this Redskins win is such a typical win when it doesn't matter kind of win. This feeling isn't me. I'm always pro-win. I really do feel conflicted about this one.

Now, I don't believe in losing for draft picks, but I may believe in losing to force regime change.

See...this I can be ok with...WE ALL want change..but if the Redskins are playing I'm watching for them to win..

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I guess we'll be doing this same dance again next year at this time :kickcan:

I hope so. A game back and still in the playoff hunt with 2 games left? It could be MUCH worse brother. We have been there before. We all know this isnt a SB winning team. But this is a big win for Gruden IMO.

Just now, carex said:

rooting for the Skins to lose now doesn't actually make them any more likely to win a Super Bowl in the future.  It hurts their draft position but I'm glad they pulled out the win

I am not rooting for the Skins to lose. I just want us to realize what we just won. Another year of good. Is that what we want? This win won us another year if Allen and Gruden. Is that really a win. 

I don't think it's really people "wanting to lose" but more a sense of general malaise. Were all Skins fans and winning ALWAYS feels good in general. However, I think we all know it's incredibly unlikely that we'll reach the playoffs and if we somehow got lucky and managed to squeak in we'd likely be embarrassed in our first playoff game. Meanwhile, with every win we get a lower draft pick and Jay/Bruce get closer to sticking around after another overwhelmingly mediocre year. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Actually I do on Allen, but I'm tired of saying it since some people would rather lose to make sure. Getting rid of Allen is more important anyway, a smart GM will replace Jay.

We've had this discussion before, i figured the last time people got their wish in losing games for better position to get high draft QB it worked out so well for us we should do it again, right?

Actually Rex Grossman won a meaningless game against Seattle late in the year and that kinda ****ed up 

Archived