Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Beginning - Embrace The Noodle

JSSkinz

7 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Because Bruce Allen is Republican.

Yes, it's pathetic that football decisions are made based on that, but welcome to the Snyder era.

7 hours ago, Gibbit said:

yeah that's why....

7 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Dude just stop. It literally makes no business sense to sign a controversial back up qb that carries the very real risk of alienating parts of your fan base when you can’t even fill up your stadium at 6-4 and winning your division. And before you say yeah but you’ll gain new fans by signing kaepernick you’d be signing him for likely 7 weeks so while you’ll gain a short term boom in jersey sales  it won’t last long. Also it most likely won’t lead to ticket sales and you most likely will never regain the fans that you lose because of it while after the 6 or 7 weeks with the redskins kaepernick will leave and so will all of these new so called redskins fans so you’ve lost a lot more than you’ve gained 

7 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I hope this is a joke. If not, it's one of the dumbest things I've read on here.

6 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

How’s this for a crazy football decision. There’s a guy out there that we are bringing in tomorrow that has worked with 3 of our asst offensive coaches in the past which is essential especially on a short week. Wanna guess who that is? Yeah it’s mark Sanchez But yes sure the right football decision is to bring in the guy who has no familiarity with our offense, hasn’t played in 2 years, was benched for Blaine gabbert, oh and has to try learn the offense with no familiarity with it when we play on Thursday. So tell me again how it’s the right football decision? 

6 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thank you.

Kaepernick sucks.

No politics in the Stadium, fellas. Read more here: 

One positive of bringing in Kaep is that it would push Colt even harder. lol The media would press us to start Kaep and it would be up to Colt to silence the doubters. 

In general though, Kaep is not ready to lead a team on a playoff run. I absolutely believe he deserves a starting job somewhere, but he just isn't ready the way Colt is. 

Why do some of you keep mentioning Kaep as someone to bring in?

You all know the scenario;

1. He sucks.

2. He will divide and ruin the locker room; if you thought the Browns were a joke organization, you haven't seen anything yet.

3. When he DOES fail, and benched, his loyal fans { barf } will be screaming and protesting outside Redskin Park calling everyone racists for not giving him 3-4 years to try and get up to NFL caliber football.

4. It will create even MORE empty seats in the stands which means even less revenue for the team.

5. He's failed to make other teams' roster WHEN he was given the chance.

6. The man is a huge negativity magnet; all sorts of shady characters are in his crew, and this is not an environment for young kids.

I'll put it point blank; he sets foot on Redskin Park, I will either sell or burn everything I have Redskins related.

Thankfully, I don't think it will have to get to that point, because everyone knows exactly what he is, a sorry POS racist, along with his equally racist GF, and he's currently trying to sue the NFL because he sucks and no one wants him.

The facts remain that Colin Kaepernick has a tremendous TD-Interception ratio compared to Mark Sanchez (turnover machine) and EJ Manuel. 

He is a dual threat to run and offers good play-action.  He played on sub-par 49er teams.  

The Skins are absolute fools if they don’t workout this man. 

I'd rather lose every game from here out than than have a cancer like Colin Kapernick on this football team. This organization has been a mess ever since Snyder bought the team but as of the past 5 years or so years we have seen some stability in the form of using our draft picks wisely and staying away from high priced free agent busts. The last thing this franchise needs is a clown like krappernick. O yeah and politics aside and the circus he brings with it, the guy blows. 

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Why do some of you keep mentioning Kaep as someone to bring in?

You all know the scenario;

1. He sucks.

2. He will divide and ruin the locker room; if you thought the Browns were a joke organization, you haven't seen anything yet.

3. When he DOES fail, and benched, his loyal fans { barf } will be screaming and protesting outside Redskin Park calling everyone racists for not giving him 3-4 years to try and get up to NFL caliber football.

4. It will create even MORE empty seats in the stands which means even less revenue for the team.

5. He's failed to make other teams' roster WHEN he was given the chance.

6. The man is a huge negativity magnet; all sorts of shady characters are in his crew, and this is not an environment for young kids.

I'll put it point blank; he sets foot on Redskin Park, I will either sell or burn everything I have Redskins related.

Thankfully, I don't think it will have to get to that point, because everyone knows exactly what he is, a sorry POS racist, along with his equally racist GF, and he's currently trying to sue the NFL because he sucks and no one wants him.

10 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I'd rather lose every game from here out than than have a cancer like Colin Kapernick on this football team. This organization has been a mess ever since Snyder bought the team but as of the past 5 years or so years we have seen some stability in the form of using our draft picks wisely and staying away from high priced free agent busts. The last thing this franchise needs is a clown like krappernick. O yeah and politics aside and the circus he brings with it, the guy blows. 

Last warning here, folks.

Edit out any reference to the politics of the situation with Kaep or face penalties. You can talk about how you view his football abilities, but that’s it. 

This is not a discussion, do NOT reply to this post here. 

Just some random thoughts about Colt

A. He has a clause in his contract that gives him an opt out after this season -- so if he burns it up he can test FA if he chooses.  I'll double check this but I recall reading that somewhere.

B.  Have heard in multiple ways he's the most social QB among this group and the prior groups under Jay, too.  I noticed some of that being at the Tampa game via what he was doing on the sidelines -- I talked about it on the game thread.   My point is the idea that he's liked and seen as a leader I think is legit.

C.  Some say he improved his arm strength over the years but my observation from the 2017 camp was his arm still looked weak to me.

D.  If I had a dollar for every time I heard a beat guy over the years say that Colt is Jay's guy, I'd be a rich man.  Finlay in particular loves to beat this drum.  So Jay has an opportunity now to showcase the guy he's supposedly swearing by behind the scenes.

For me, I don't know what to make of Colt.  He plays with more moxie, swagger and is bolder than Alex and not just as a passer but a runner, too.  Thereby to me he's a more fun watch.  But the dude is brittle and very error prone.  The new and improved Colt narrative has some intrigue to me because I wasn't sold on the previous version of the dude.  Will see.

15 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

If Kaep can help the team bring him in plain and simple I don’t care about anything else except the benefit of this football team right now. A lot of people rolled their eyes at the AP signing....but he’s most def helping thisnteam

I do not see Kap as the answer.  He struggled right after he signed that big contract.  He was one of the league's least accurate QB's even between 2012-2014.  He had 60.1 completion % and ranked 23 in the NFL.  And his percentage of off-target throws is legendary.   But he was a great rushing QB.

His inaccuracy as a passer really became glaring in 2015-2016,  His completion percentage ranked 32.   BUT he was still a great rushing QB @ # 4.  

So I think when I look at the totality of Kap's work, D coordinators figured out how to contain him, and essentially shutdown his productivity in the air which was sketchy from the beginning.  I think without accuracy you are a huge liability to any franchise.  So i sure don't want him.

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Bradford is the best choice, IMO.  But they'll probably sign butt fumble due to his relationship with Matt Cavanaugh.  

Yup. I didn't realize Cavanaugh was with Sanchez for his entire tenure with the Jets. He makes the most sense. 

If we're replacing Alex Smith with a QB, it can't be with a guy that's turnover prone. For all of Smith's inability to lead the O, he helped the D by not turning over the ball (101 yard pick 6 yesterday excluded). Sanchez is the definition of turnover prone. Seriously - he's associated with arguably the most famous turnover in recent NFL history...

I feel like Colt comes in, makes some noise, wins a game or 2, and then takes 6 sacks in a quarter, and then gets benched.

If Jay can stop that i'm vickalicious scrambling pattern full sack thing, he can hold his own and eek out 500 and get us into the loffs. I think we need him to throw it to his first or 2nd read and then get rid of it.  He has decent legs but its not his game. He is a loft ball game manager type that will come crashing back if Jay doesn't keep him in check with simple directives and of course, a solid run game.

54 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Bradford is the best choice, IMO.  But they'll probably sign butt fumble due to his relationship with Matt Cavanaugh.  

They spoke about Bradford this morning on the Junkies. Apparently he's done with football.

The guy they bring in ought to be the guy they think could most quickly come in for a part of a game and manage things...

I'm not worried about upside or potential. It has to be an immediate fit or someone who has a relationship with a coach. If Colt is lost for the season, we are done. The only scenario in which this signing matters is if we need someone to finish a game or pinch hit for a couple series.

If Colt goes down with a season-ender, then we should be signing and giving snaps to the best prospect we can get our hands on, regardless of immediate fit or chemistry with any of the coaches. 

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

McCoy led the Skins to 2 second half TD's yesterday.

I wonder how that compares to how many second half TD's Smith led us to, all year ?

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Another accomplishment is that he actually created the first lead change of the season (with huge help from our defense).

1 minute ago, Taylor 36 said:

I'm guessing we'll probably sign someone this evening.  I don't think they are going to sit on this.

Don't see how they can, there is a game in 3 days from now.  No matter who they sign, they aren't going to be "ready" should something happen to McCoy anyway, but they will be even less ready the longer it takes them to get the guy signed.

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

One positive of bringing in Kaep is that it would push Colt even harder. lol The media would press us to start Kaep and it would be up to Colt to silence the doubters. 

In general though, Kaep is not ready to lead a team on a playoff run. I absolutely believe he deserves a starting job somewhere, but he just isn't ready the way Colt is. 

Starting? Hahahah wow. Based on what? Dude was abysmal the last time he played. He hasn’t played in two years and somehow he’s a starter? Not to mention he’s injury prone. He’s basically RG3-2.0 

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

McCoy led the Skins to 2 second half TD's yesterday.

I wonder how that compares to how many second half TD's Smith led us to, all year ?

It was the first 3rd Quarter TD of the season. . Plus he was 2 for 2 on scoring TDs on his first two drives, got 7 off a turnover. We started seeing Reed look like a weapon, we saw him using Doctson as a weapon. That can open things up for AP underneath, or if he can just connect with a mid route to Crowder or Reed which we saw some of (Reed, not Crowder but we did see Quinn). So we're seeing the offense open up. 

Add to that, he's been working with the reserves all year so he's got an understanding of their routes and a chemistry with them and they're playing now. I'm talking Harris, Quinn, Betts, maybe Marshall, maybe Floyd. There's definitely a lot to be excited about. 

Archived