Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Beginning - Embrace The Noodle

JSSkinz

3 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Can we at least edit the title of the thread?  Colt may be exactly what this offense needed, not sure why the noodle reference has to be right out the gate. 

I'm fine with that if the Mods want to change it, I was just having some fun with the title but I like Colt so it wasn't done to take a shot at him.

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

As I said in another thread, QBs off the bench almost always provide a spark, and I like Colt a lot. But I remember when he was our starter a few years back, and he seemed to get worse with each passing week. Great game in Dallas that year, but not so great as the season progressed. Once teams start preparing for him, it'll be a lot tougher than it was today. Hoping he can squeeze out a win next week, though. 

And of course if he DOES exceed expectations for us, the obvious question will be why we brought in Smith at all. 

This 10 fold.. This is an adjustment league and when teams learn about your tendencies they can lock you down hard.. Alex also got me in the mind settin,g with his lack of turnovers, that we'll definitely see how well Colt protects the ball and limits bad plays. So we'll see with Colt, but he's earned his chance and I'm excited for him.  I feel bad for Alex, he's a good guy and I hope he has a speedy recovery with no complications.. 

I also liked what I saw in Trey Quinn.. 

1 hour ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Colt is the true starter on our team.  I feel bad for Alex but Colt is a better QB and I feel better going into Dallas knowing we can actually win without question.

WTF. Are some of you on pyschedelic drugs? The season is over, Colt McCoy is a backup quarterback in the NFL and their is reason for that. 

In 2007 we turned to Todd Collins at 5-7 and trailing (I think) the Bears. We are turning to Colt McCoy with 6 games left and a lead in the division. 

I don't know what to think yet about McCoy vs. Smith. I have adamantly opposed the notion that we would be better off with McCoy and I'm not ready to believe it's true based on a half in relief duty. But, there was a noticeable difference when it came to the flow and rhythm. It seemed like McCoy moved better in the pocket too. 

Smith doesn't have a great arm, but it seems like it's better than McCoy's. People mistake the fact that we threw long for arm strength. I think throwing deep is sometimes a way to mask arm strength. That's a touch throw more often than not (unless someone is truly throwing the ball 60 yards in the air for some reason). Where I think we'll notice it is on intermediate throws that need zip, not touch throws. We shall see. 

Now that Smith is done, I can honestly say that I believe McCoy's limitations won't outweigh the things he does better than Smith (quicker decisions based on comfort in the system, better touch to give receivers a shot down the field, etc.). 

It'll be a fun sprint to the end. We are 6-4. The Cowboys are a game back and the Eagles may be either one or two games back. If we can continue to run the ball, play OK defense, and get a little more out of the passing game we will have a shot to close this thing out. I think we MUST split with the Eagles and it would be nice to win on Thursday (though not required). 

I think we have to win EITHER the Cowboys or Giants game and split with the Eagles. That gets us to 8 wins with 4 division wins. From there, I'm pretty confident that if we win one of the other two games (Jags or Titans) we will win the division.  

I had a gut feeling we were going to see Colt this week, but based on performance issues, not this.

Sometimes, veteran guys who have stuck around but never previously Impress are able to put together a decent enough season. Let's hope Colt can be that guy. Cowboys are hot on our tail. Another win against them with him under centre would put the playoffs in reach, as well as giving Colt his own mini-legend.

I won't lie, though. To date, I haven't seen enough from him to be getting excited.

35 minutes ago, Veretax said:

So for those thinking back to when JoeyT got knocked out.  Who was the Redskins QB the rest of the season?

Jay Schroeder.

He actually did a pretty good job the rest of that season, and IIRC, led the team to a 12-4 record the next season (losing to the giants in the NFC Championship game).

Archived